April 2014 Moms

Trying to get crafty. Fail.... (Update) looks kinda crappy

dmosquera4dmosquera4 member
edited November 2014 in April 2014 Moms
Lm trying to make some ornaments for the grandparents but this kid doesn't help me!!!! It's not his fault poor baby, but I'm getting so frustrated. I was going to do his hand in the ornaments and then Decorate them but that was a total fail, there was green paint everywhere. So I had to settle for half of his foot and that was even a challenge. I will post a picture of the finish product. For now I'll just vent ughhhhhh

Edit: I guess this will be my trial and ERROR.... We will try again tomorrow

February SIggy Challenge: Fav Movie/TV Couple

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Trying to get crafty. Fail.... (Update) looks kinda crappy

• I know it's hard but don't be upset. It's just crafts and he's just a baby. They have absolutely no clue. Brush it off, clean it up, and try again later. Babies will be babies. Cheer up.
  • For a Pinterest fail it's honestly not bad. It's cute
  • Loading the player...
  • Haha it looks like a four year old did it

• I like it, it's adorable! And you will have the memory of getting that print! I'm sure next year you'll look at it as a funny story.
  • I think it's adorable!
  • I think it's cute too. Nobody expects a baby keepsake to be perfect. Every time you see it you'll think of your LO and the battle of the green paint.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• @Teresa1896‌ this made me chuckle so hard!

• I think it's really cute! I kinda want to do one now...

• JessieAlbinJessieAlbin member
    edited November 2014
    A lot of the folks who work at/own paint your own ceramic studios are super pros at getting hand and foot prints from squirmy babies, the one I worked at briefly helped moms get good prints several times a week and a ton around Christmas. It's pretty reasonably priced for an ornament (definitely less than $20) and since it ends up glazed ceramics it will last forever.

Eta: that is, if you really want a good print and are willing to give up doing it help free. ;)
  • I found when doing footprints that it was easier to lay LO down and bring the object to his foot to print, rather than hold him and bring his foot to the object, if that makes sense.
  • the one i made i had to bake so it will last a long time, and also i kept it for myself for our tree i will make other one to see how they will come out.

i guess it really doesnt matter to them though, as long as is from them, the grandparents are going to love it either way!

• Thanks for the foot suggestions! I skipped the hand/snowman idea and went with the foot/reindeer idea instead. It kept rolling/slipping and ended up w longer faces/footprints than there is in real life but I think it worked ok. :)
    @suzanne237 this look awesome!!!! i might try this now lol!

• Thanks @dmosquera4‌ ! I had LO in his highchair eating finger food w daddy and I messed with his foot sticking out. Had to be quick about it but not too bad. - the others on here are really cute too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ok I want those! No I'm off to looking where I can take him

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"