September 2013 Moms

TTT

bermybabe68bermybabe68 member
edited November 2014 in September 2013 Moms

DH, DD and I went to northern Ontario to visit the in-laws.  If we went any more north, we’d be going south again.  The trip sucked.  Here’s the highlights

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

1 - DD did awesome on the two flights there.  She lost her cool in the car for the last 20 minutes of the hour long drive to the in-laws.  Tears and snot streaming.  It was snowing and bad road conditions so it wasn’t like we could pull over and take her out for a cuddle.  It was a long day.

2 - We arrived at their teeny tiny apartment.  The plan (against my wishes) was for DH, DD and I to take the apartment while the in-laws slept in the camper van.  The temp averaged -5 to -20.  WTF were they thinking!!!  Why the fluff couldn’t we stay in a hotel and then everyone would have been comfortable?  After the 3rd day they finally booked themselves a motel room.  Even still MIL would complain about her aching legs every 1-2 hours guaranteed.  I know they hurt a lot and I feel badly for her, but after 6327 times of saying ‘oh Carys, Grammas legs hurt.  I can’t get up and down as easily anymore in this cold weather.  You should visit when it’s warm’.  I wanted to throat punch her.  She wore snow pants, inside and out, the entire trip.

3 - I knew MIL bought a lot of s—t for DD, but the woman would not freaking stop.  As soon as we walked in the door she started pulling out all these gift bags with clothes in them.  As I was trying to open one bag and show appreciation, she’d shove another one in my hand.  I snapped at her pretty badly.  Give me a minute lady!  You’re worse than a 5 yr old on Christmas morning!  And I told her before we came that we have LIMITED room in the suitcase so please do not go overboard.  She what does she do?  She buys this humongous ugly ass dollar store pink doll for her!  Add to it about 8 outfits (including jackets and bulky sweaters), another bulky teddy thing that has the most annoying sound ever and you can’t switch off and piles of other stuff.  I kept telling her STOP, I can’t fit this all.  Then one night we went to an aunts house for dinner.  There was a Fisher Price teddy there that DD was playing with.  MIL wanted to buy one for DD as a Christmas gift.  I told her to give me the money and I’d get one in Bermuda for her and wrap it up.  At the very end of our trip we were in Walmart.  DH and I go one way and DD, MIL and S-FIL go the other.  MIL comes looking for us 10 minutes later. ‘Come here’ she says (as we are trying to power shop).  I follow (DH wanders off).  S-FIL is standing there with a shopping cart with TWO of these f-ing teddies.  ‘which one do you prefer’ they ask.  Mind you 1 of these teddies, in the box it comes in’ would take up ½ a suitcase.  My face turned bright red and I had hot tears in my eyes.  ‘You aren’t listening to me, why can’t you understand’ I said with my voice quivering.  ‘I have NO ROOM to buy anything for myself and you keep trying to give me more stuff for Carys!  I NEED CLOTHES!  We agreed that I’d pick up the teddy in Bermuda’.  SCREAM.  I think it finally sunk in (hours before we were flying out).  Great.

4 - DD started teething again.  She was up from 1:30 – 4am one night.  She was so tired but couldn’t lay dawn and be comfortable.  Drugs didn’t help.  My poor sweetie.

5 - I woke up sick the day after the horrible teething night.  I could barely get up to go pee.  I spent the entire day in bed.  The next day I woke up to my neck glands and back of my tongue being super swollen.  I kept accidently biting my tongue because of the swelling and it hurt like a mo-fo.

6 - DD was whiny and clingy the whole trip.  Her schedule was a mess (late nights, no respect for her naps – everything planned by the inlaws), different foods etc.  She’d wake up all through the night crying.  For the first time ever we had her sleep in our bed with us.  That part was actually kinda nice.  Even when she tried to sleep on top of my head.

7 - I insisted that we spend the last 2 nights in the ‘mini’ city where the airport is (1 hours drive).  The in-laws live in the middle of nowhere and after 4 years of being stuck on my island (teeny tiny and little shopping available for plus size), I was desperate to get some shopping in.  Well, the morning that we were suppose to leave for city it wouldn’t stop snowing.  The highways were closed due to the weather and there were a couple of accidents reported.  I thought I was going to lose my cool if I had to stay 1 more night at the in-laws.  S-FIL must have seen it in my eyes because he said we’d give it a shot.  A 1 hour drive turned into a 2 hour drive down unplowed back roads, fishtailing the whole way.  Fine by me!  We arrived in the city!

8 - We went straight to the food court for dinner.  I know this sound lame but franchise food is a big deal to a Bermudian.  We don’t allow franchises on the island (except KFC who somehow got in) so when we go away it’s all about Mc D’s and such.  DH and I shared NY fries poutine, a taco time taco each and some chicken balls from the Chinese place.  Well, as I took my last bite I knew something wasn’t right.  I spent the reminder of the ‘vacation’ and trip home super nauseous and tossing cookies.  I was so pissed off.  But, food poisoning aside, I shopped!  I didn’t get nearly as much as I wanted to (Christmas gifts and such), but I did buy some clothes for myself. 

9 - DH and I bought DD ONE pair of mary-jane shoes.  I showed MIL and S-FIL and S-FIL had the NERVE to say ‘why couldn’t MIL buy that?’  Basically questioning why I was allowed to buy something after I flipped out and told MIL to STOP buying shit because I do not have room left in the suitcase to get myself a darn thing.  Wow, my blood is boiling just thinking back at that.  I will not be made to feel guilty for buying my daughter one little gift.  A-holes. 

10 – We drove past a house that was all decorated for Christmas.  I said ‘oh, look at that house all done up’.  MILs instant response was ‘I HATE Christmas.  I have no family to celebrate with.  Christmas is a horrible time of year for me’.  All of us in the car – dead silence.  Uh, ok lady.  ALL of your damn family live near you except for your 2 sons and granddaughter.  I think I understand now why your sons don’t live near you. 

Wow.  I’ve been holding all that (and then some) in for too long.  Thanks for letting me get it all out!  If I could then I’d buy you all a drink for surviving to the end of my rant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObdC3uhPeEY

Re: TTT

• @bermybabe68‌ sounds like you ha quite the stressful trip! Glad it's all over:)

1. I died my hair last week a dark purple and now that it's faded a little, I love it:) I haven't dyed my hair in over two years

2. My grandparents came over today so I spent all morning rushing through half ass deep cleaning my house and they came early. So DD was sleeping, I was in sweat shorts and a hoody without a shower and they only stayed 20 minutes. So I rushed around all morning for nothing.

3. I do not feel like cooking dinner tonight. The top of my stove is taken apart from cleaning it this morning but I have no motivation to put it back together.

4. DD has her canines breaking through and I can already see the second molars white knuckling.

5. She is being such a cranky pants!

6. I cannot wait until Thanksgiving! If the turkey was thawed I honestly think I'd cook everything early because it's just DH DD and I.

7. It's been so rainy here this last week!

8. DD and I have been inside for so long it's driving me crazy!

9. I want so bad to have another baby but there's no way we are making that happen any time soon.

10. DD stays in pajamas for most of if not all day if we're not going anywhere. She gets a bath every night and I just see the point.
  • 1. Sorry I haven't been posting. It has been crazy with my new direct sales business!! Good busy though!

2. Right now Dh, DD and I are in the car driving to New England. 12 hour drive with DD.. I am so nervous.

3. I am shamelessly letting her watch movies and shows on our portable dvd player for everyone's sanity.

4. I am not looking forward to driving the last 6 hours of the trip in the wee hours of the morning.

5. I hold out for Black Friday to decorate for christmas. I am so pumped to get the house decked out in red and gold!!

6. DD is also cutting 2 molars. Her sleep schedule is such a mess. Poor girl is so unhappy.

7. My 2WW is almost over. I really didn't want to pack tampons for our trip but I have a feeling I am out this cycle.

8. I have been getting kids meals for DD and if I get milk the drive through always seems to forget it.

9. I am kind of sad that I literally cant think of one thing I want for christmas. My inlaws and mom keep asking but im racking my brain. I just keep adding to DDs list.

10. DD is still not walking...maybe that will be my christmas wish. I just hate how awful all of the knees of her pants look. I dont mind it as a milestone just for convenience.
    Lily Michaella       ~BFP 12-31-13      ~EDD 9-7-13       ~Lily was born 9-7-13 
    Baby #2                ~BFP 8-13-17        ~EDD 4-22-18    ~Can't wait to meet you

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. It is a short work week! Tomorrow is a half day for the students and we get to go home early, too.

2. According to the forecast we are getting some nasty weather. Snow is in the mix. Rain to a wintery mix to snow.

3.  So, I wonder what the schools will do. Should I do my snow dance? I did bring home all my work so I can plan lessons. Maybe I jinxed it. 

4. We will two Thanksgivings. Thursday at my unlce's with his family. They are my only family in the area. Friday with my in-laws. 

5. DS is getting shots tomorrow. 

6. I do not like my 7:30am team planning meetings. 

7. The Pintrest app sucks. It takes up so much memory. I had to delete it from the iPad.

8. DH left his job. Now he focus on his studying.

9. DH is going to nursing school. 

10. Let's do the Snow Dance!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"