Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Finger Food Plan Ideas for 9 month old anyone?

Can anyone give me a sample of their baby's meal/food plan throughout the day? This Mama chef is running out of ideas of what foods and meals to make for my LO (I'm a first time mother so I'm afraid I'm doing too many of the same meals for him...). My son gets three big finger food meals and I shoot for one to two snacks (and I BF as well). Let me know. Should mention I like to make sure he gets veggies, protein, fruit and grains in with each meal. Thanks!

Re: Finger Food Plan Ideas for 9 month old anyone?

• I think you are making this too hard on yourself. I have tons of meals that don't include all the food groups and that's okay.

At his age I would serve what you eat (modified if necessary).
  • Loading the player...
  • I give DS a bit of whatever we are eating usually but he goes to daycare so I send little meals for him. I make little meatballs, bits of burger, chicken nuggets, sweet potato fries, boiled carrots, baked apples, green beans, blueberry waffles.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't stress about this too much :) Being creative is good but don't stress about it. Just give him what you eat or what ever is around the house at the moment. (the ones that are healthy for him of course)! 
  • Crawfish88Crawfish88 member
    edited December 2014
    Sounds like you've already got a great meal plan! It's ok if you repeat the same meals, honestly they're at that age, that they don't know the difference, and actually probably like eating something familiar that they like.

Jesse C.
    *edited by mod*
  • Sweet potato fries, broccoli, asparagus, cheese sticks, baby carrots, any kind of fruit,scrambled eggs, toast.

My favorites are sweet potato and banana with cinnamon, and avocado with diced tomatoes

• Here's a sample of what we do. Although, she still has some non-finger food stuff (oatmeal, baby yogurt, etc). I should note that she doesn't have all of these at the same meal, just some ideas. :)
    Breakfast ideas:
    scrambled eggs, banana, buttered toast, cottage cheese, peeled, sliced apples that i warmed to make the soft.
    Lunch:
    Gerber crackers, Cheerios, cottage cheese, peas, kidney beans (or any type of beans - I go ahead with canned but make sure to get the low-sodium ones. Or you can soak them but I've never had any luck soaking them). I also buy the frozen mixed veggies (carrots, corn, peas, beans) and heat up some of those. Small pieces of cubed cheese. Avocado cubes.
    Dinner:
    The girl loves fish. I usually give her some of mine if we have it for dinner. I've made sauteed sweet potatoes and anything else that she has for lunch. Oh, and pasta. She loves pasta.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image   image  image
  • Baby eats whatever healthy foods we eat. The only exception is if we have soup. Usually we have a chunky soup or stew and she eats the chunks, but if it isn't something she can feed herself then we will give her some cheese, fruit and microwave steamed veggies which are always fast and easy.For snacks, a banana, cuties, or whatever I'm snacking on will do. I know at grandma's house, she gets gram crackers quite a bit, especially when teething.  
  • We do a lot of the same everyday as I need to make more of an effort!

But this is roughly what my 9 month old has a day (and he still drinks 960ml of formula on average):

Toast

Prunes
    Mandarins
    Plums
    Apple
    (and some of whatever I have for lunch)

Steamed carrot
    Steamed courgette
    Steamed peas
    Roasted sweet potato
    Whatever meat we have for dinner

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    My Chart ::::: My Blog
    Married since July 2008
    MC Nov 2011 || MMC Jan 2013 || MC Jun 2013 || Baby Boy April 2014 || MMC Dec 2014 || MMC Apr 2015
    Diagnosed Jan 2016 as having been infertile due to scarring since last MMC.
    Diagnosed 2016 with Lupus.
  • Thank you for the ideas everyone! We had a late start on solids because of a rectal tear so we had to start and stop a few times. Now she is 9 months and we are just moving on from rice cereal and gerber style fruits and veggies.

March siggy challenge: Dream job = Playing with wolves

• I am a busy mom and sometimes she gets a super healthy meal but most times I try to include fruit and veggies throughout the day.
    Breakfast: a toaster waffle with raspberry jam and a fruit like banana or raspberries.
    Lunch: peanut butter and jelly sandwich cut into squares with a fruit like mandarin oranges or peaches
    Dinner: to-go Chef Bourardi cups of mini ravioli or chicken and rice with veggies, carrots or green beans and fruit for dessert
    Snacks: fruit or a Nutrigrain bar

Honestly, it's mostly the same every day.
  • My daughter is 9.5 months old and in daycare so we have to send 2 meals a day for her. A few things I send, baked sliced apple, cheese, baby yogurt, steamed veggies, assorted fruit, bananas, sliced avocado and steamed squash. I try and mix it up so she doesn't have the same thing everyday. You can buy those small mixed fruit and veggie containers at the store so she has a variety of things to eat. For dinner we give her a little bitbof whatever we are eating. Hope this helps!
  • Chef Boyardee has a lot of sodium. Please don't give little children this. I ate it in college due to lack of funds, not convenience. Our babies stomach is the size of their little fist. Not much food needed to feel full. So a small mashed potato will suffice. Its cheap and easy and tasty...plus can be made in advance and refrigerated. Some times you can even microwave a potato or sweet potato. And feed right out of the skin. My 9.5 month old prefers cubed style to self feed and toss...lol
  • I was just in the grocery store last night and looked at the Chef Boyardee Raviolis for my LO, until I looked at the salt....250 grams of salt I think! Way to much for a baby...I was disappointed though, it looked so convenient ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"