TTC After a Loss

~~TTCAL Newbie Check In 11/25/14~~

**BFP Warning after QOTW**

Welcome to TTC After Loss. I'm so sorry for your loss but am happy you have found us. ((hugs)) This board is full of brilliant and kind women who have experienced the hardship of losing that which is most precious, and I hope you find great comfort and support here in your journey!

For those of you so new that you don't know the routine, this is a check-in for newer members of the TTCAL Board. Please feel free to use this space to ask those "newbie" questions that feel intimidating to ask on the main board and I will try my best to get you an answer.

**Please don't feel that you have to provide individual feedback to all of the posters ahead of you. Many do and it's great, but it's most definitely not required to be a part of this check-in. I'd just hate to think people might feel intimidated and not post because of this. All posts and responses are welcomed!**

Please take the time to read the TTCAL blog to answer any questions you may have regarding our board etiquette, TTC, miscarriage & loss, and much more: https://ttcalblog.wordpress.com/ If you are a check-in regular and get a BFP, please PM me so that I can add it to the weekly check-in with a warning for other members. If I don't get a PM, I will not mention your BFP on the check-in.

Finally, if you haven't done so, please post your introduction on the main board including your story.

***If you do not see your name, it’s because you didn’t check in last week, just join in this week and I’ll add you!***

Weekly Update:  How are you doing?  Post an update including any news, thoughts, or questions - let me know how things are going for you! If you don’t see your name, it’s only because you didn’t check in last week. Feel free to join in this week! 

Individual Updates:

@negritosmami—I hope that work has slowed down for you a little this past week! ((hugs))

@LDubHawksFan—Any news on DH’s SA? What about the hug, will you be able to do your HSG this cycle?

@powerofbacon—Did you get to discuss switching to lovenox with your dr yet? Have you gotten AF? How are the cycles looking?

@Cheetara2—Gearing up to O? How are you this week?

@mkfish31-How are you this week?

@ctk181—Are you still planning to NTNP for a few cycles? I think that it’s a good idea to help “calm” things down. I’m still temping, and I wont lie, we’re still trying if we feel like it but it feels good to not have that “label” on your sex life.

@king26—What’s new with you this week?

@nikiswimr—I creeped on you a little and saw you’re having an IUI? I swear I saw somewhere that you had a good appointment with your RE and didn't need to have Provera for AF to start but now I can’t find it. Fill me in again :) Are you on Clomid (the C in your med section of FF?)

@Mcsarah1104—Looks like your temps are dropping. Hopefully that means that AF will be here soon! 

@Flyoffeve—Charts still looking wonky! No CM to note though? Come on body:)

@ChanelA—Man you’re OPKS were kicking your butt this week, huh! How do you feel about them now? Do you think you got a distinct positive? Was your timing good?

@incir —How’s the first cycle ttc going? :)

@lycih —I hope that AF has shown her face for you!

@reginaphilangee—How are you healing up? Have you and DH talked about the frustrations he has anymore?

@apgjt413—Hi lady! What’s going on with you?

@scubadiva30—How are you feeling this week?

@mrsjac1210—Fx your betas came back low. Did you have a good appt with your Dr last week? Anything new?

@mellymel15— Hi Lady! How are you this week?

@mrsoscarfelix—9 day LP this cycle? This is the first AF post loss right?

@wellybug—Just my personal opinion, but, I think that you should call your Doctor and clarify if you are cleared to have sex, or if you are cleared to start TTC again. Most Dr’s recommend a bench time of 2-3 cycles on average after a D&C in order to let your body heal. Also, to deal with all the shitty shits that come, you know…those damn emotions. 

@jordangoodnight—Hi Lady, how are things going? I meant to ask you last week if you are charting or using OPKS, and I forgot :-p Oops! 

@firefly143—How are you this week Lady? Did your H make it home on time?

@MGiven—I was just checking your chart, are you using OPKS’s or just BBT? I’ll keep chart stalking you and have my FX :) 

@flutterfly88—Hi there, how are you feeling this week? 

@catvaughn5002— Any signs of AF yet? 

@Littleowl913—Hows the healthy living going for you?

@Charmndmom--Welcome to the check in. What's new for this week? ((hugs))

QOTW

If you're celebrating Thanksgiving this week, what are your plans? Do any of you go Black Friday Shopping? If you're not celebrating this week, What are you most looking forward to about Christmas? 

*BFP Warning*

Congrats to @annabananabom on her BFP. If you wish you congratulate her please do so in a PM or on her PgAL intro! :D Congrats Lady!

Re: ~~TTCAL Newbie Check In 11/25/14~~

• @rslh10‌ - Thanks for the check-in! How are you?
    Yes, we are NTNP at least for a couple cycles. The pressure was just too much for us both. We didn't even get to try this month because of our work schedules and after having a break down over that I decided I needed to NTNP for my own sanity. I may still do OPKs next month but not temping.

QOTW- I will be celebrating Thanksgiving at my mom's with my extended family. I do MOT Black Friday shop so instead I plan to put up my Christmas decorations and go pick our tree.
    Married: 4/28/12
    BFP: 7/2/14 ;  1st US 7/21/14 Baby measuring 7w5d, HB of 138;  Discovered MMC 8/18/14 at 11w2d, baby measuring 8w5d, no hb ; 8/19/14 D&C

TTCAL December siggy challenge - Autocorrect Fails

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</My Chart

• @rslh10 thanks for posting this and yea work is slowing down a little bit for the holidays thank goodness. and speaking of holidays..as promised, heres my early tree with my dog photobombing it lol

@ctk181 sorry to hear you guys didnt get a chance this cycle but im glad you decided to take some of the pressure off of you guys and try NTNP.

AFM, im ultra irritated because im normally on 28 day cycles..like clockwork..so when it was a day late i got my hopes way up( knowing that at any given moment our cycles can change) but i still just KNEW i was gonna go home and get a bfp...got the biggest BFN ever and AF STILL isnt here..that shady bitch!! at this rate ill be on CD1 on thanksgiving...oh yea..thats something to be thankful for sure

8-|

~TTC #1 Since 3/2014
    ~BFP #1 6/2014 
    EDD 2/11/15
    ~MMC 7/31/14 @12weeks ~D&C /2/2014  

• Loading the player...
  • my computer wouldnt let me type anymore...so i pushed send before finishing so as to lose all i typed. but far as the QOTW we will be cooking dinner and enjoying being thankful for our new home...itll be just me and my small immediate family so im glad for that. Im actually sooo over christmas shopping..im hoping my family will agree to skip gifts this year as we are all over 30 and do not NEED anything...why waste the money..lets just spend time together and ill keep my money and buy what i want and u do the same lol bahumbug!

~TTC #1 Since 3/2014
    ~BFP #1 6/2014 
    EDD 2/11/15
    ~MMC 7/31/14 @12weeks ~D&C /2/2014  

• Hey Hey!

Newbie here! I'm figuring out how to do the whole work thing and interact with friends thing after MC. It has shifted my perspective on a lot of things, and has shifted my relationship with MH. Trying to be open to the growth part of this journey.

I've decided this is the perfect time to start taking better care of myself so I made an appointment for a reflexology session for tomorrow and an appointment for a Maya Abdominal Massage for next week. Bring on the body work and release of emotions!

Happy to have you lovely ladies to share this journey with.
    Where there is love, there is life.
    -Mahatma Gandhi-

!*All Welcome**!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Happily Every After: 05/22/2009
    Me 28  The Tower Climber 27
    NTNP Since January 2014
    BFP #1- Nov 10, 2014 EDD July 19, 2015 MC Nov 20, 2014 (5wk 4d)
  • Hi @rslh10, thanks for the check in!  How are you this week?  I confirmed with my doctor (again) that she specifically cleared me for unprotected sex and TTC.  Almost every appt. I've had with her through this whole thing, I've constantly been checking with her to see when its safe for us to have sex and unprotected sex.  I've followed her instructions very carefully (its not like I'm just doing whatever I want without asking her).  I don't know if it matters but my D&C was only to remove a small piece of retained tissue (actual MC was beginning of Oct).  I'm not even sure she scraped my whole uterus.  Also, my betas were at 33 the day she did the D&C, so very, very low.  Anyway, I trust my doctor and have decided that we're ready to start TTC again.  Thank you for your concern. :)

AFM, I O'd last week and was very excited to see crosshairs on my chart.  Its my first cycle temping...very cool!

I'm off tomorrow so I'll just be prepping for Thanksgiving on Thursday.  In case I don't have time to get back on today, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • rslh10  thanks for the check in!
    @TowerClimbersWife‌ sorry you have to be here; welcome! I hope the body work helps!

AFM, AF actually showed up this morning!  So, bench=burned!  I'm trying to be optimistic but not too optimistic for this cycle, if that makes any sense.

QOTW: We host thanksgiving, so my parents are already in town and some prep is already under way.  I almost never do "black Friday" unless I just go out to some stores in my neighborhood.  We'll see if I venture out this year. 

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• ctk181 said:
    @rslh10‌ - Thanks for the check-in! How are you? Yes, we are NTNP at least for a couple cycles. The pressure was just too much for us both. We didn't even get to try this month because of our work schedules and after having a break down over that I decided I needed to NTNP for my own sanity. I may still do OPKs next month but not temping. QOTW- I will be celebrating Thanksgiving at my mom's with my extended family. I do MOT Black Friday shop so instead I plan to put up my Christmas decorations and go pick our tree.
    Hi Lady! I'm doing great, thanks for asking. I love the stress free environment that comes with NTNP (although, I gotta say, after this test of mine came back all clear I may be encouraging DH a little more than a NTNP wife would LOL!). I hope that this gives you guys a chance to enjoy the holidays, and each other. ((hugs)) 
  • @rslh10 thanks for posting this and yea work is slowing down a little bit for the holidays thank goodness. and speaking of holidays..as promised, heres my early tree with my dog photobombing it lol

*SNIP*

AFM, im ultra irritated because im normally on 28 day cycles..like clockwork..so when it was a day late i got my hopes way up( knowing that at any given moment our cycles can change) but i still just KNEW i was gonna go home and get a bfp...got the biggest BFN ever and AF STILL isnt here..that shady bitch!! at this rate ill be on CD1 on thanksgiving...oh yea..thats something to be thankful for sure

8-|
    I am so sorry AF is late. Shady Bitch, Indeed! I LOVE YOUR TREE! And obviously the dog ;) Also, you QOTW made me laugh. My sister and I were just talking last night (I'm 29, she's 25) and we said the same thing. We don't need anything, and we would rather just go on vacation somewhere awesome together! 
  • Hey Hey!

Newbie here! I'm figuring out how to do the whole work thing and interact with friends thing after MC. It has shifted my perspective on a lot of things, and has shifted my relationship with MH. Trying to be open to the growth part of this journey.

I've decided this is the perfect time to start taking better care of myself so I made an appointment for a reflexology session for tomorrow and an appointment for a Maya Abdominal Massage for next week. Bring on the body work and release of emotions!

Happy to have you lovely ladies to share this journey with.
    Hi there, welcome to the check in! I'm so sorry for your loss. ((hugs)) I know that after my loss, DH and I had a few "disagreements" because he couldn't understand why I was "still sad". It's taken 6 months, but he understands now, and I am very happy that we were able to grow from the experience. FX that you and your H can do the same. I think your abdominal massage sounds amazing! Enjoy it :)
  • agpjt413 said:
    @rslh10‌ - Morning! Thanks again for the check in. How are you doing? @ctk181‌ - ((HUGS)) FX for you guys the next cycle! @negritosmami‌ - So sorry about your BFN! I think I might be on CD1 around Thursday too. @TowerClimbersWife‌ - Welcome! There's also a July check in as well on this board, not sure what day though. AFM, still waiting for CD1 post m/c (holy cow I sound like a broken record check in after check in!!). MH & I had some sexy time last night and I started spotting. Actually got excited that he might have induced AF LOL! QOTW: We are hosting Thanksgiving and I feel exhausted already! Picking up family from the Left coast today at the airport. Will probably start baking the pies (pumpkin & pecan) tomorrow and marinate/brine the meats (turkey, prime rib & pork tenderloin). MH typically handles the meats while I do the sides. Oh and no to Black Friday! (Have you guys seen in the news re: a mall in Buffalo is going to fine stores w/ in the mall $200/hr if they don't open 6pm Thursday & participate in Black Friday?! One of the ladies on TTGP linked the article on a Black Friday thread.) Hope you lovely ladies have a wonderful rest of the week!
    I have had that happen to me! If DH and I have sexy time near AF start time, I'll start my period pretty quick after.  Wow sound like you have a few busy days coming up:) I hope you're able to enjoy them even though you'll be busy! Also, yum. I think thanksgiving dinner at your place sounds amazing! 

People are so stupid. 200/Hr??! That's just ridiculous. Can't people enjoy their family time?  [-(
  • wellybug said:

Hi @rslh10, thanks for the check in!  How are you this week?  I confirmed with my doctor (again) that she specifically cleared me for unprotected sex and TTC.  Almost every appt. I've had with her through this whole thing, I've constantly been checking with her to see when its safe for us to have sex and unprotected sex.  I've followed her instructions very carefully (its not like I'm just doing whatever I want without asking her).  I don't know if it matters but my D&C was only to remove a small piece of retained tissue (actual MC was beginning of Oct).  I'm not even sure she scraped my whole uterus.  Also, my betas were at 33 the day she did the D&C, so very, very low.  Anyway, I trust my doctor and have decided that we're ready to start TTC again.  Thank you for your concern. :)

AFM, I O'd last week and was very excited to see crosshairs on my chart.  Its my first cycle temping...very cool!

I'm off tomorrow so I'll just be prepping for Thanksgiving on Thursday.  In case I don't have time to get back on today, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :)

Great news! I'm glad to hear that. I didn't mean to sound like I was harping on you, I was just looking out for your best interests :) I love seeing CH's on my chart! Are you in the TWW now, or is that starting next cycle?  If so, I shall be chart stalking you! I hope you have a good Thanksgiving :D
  • lycih said:

rslh10  thanks for the check in!
    @TowerClimbersWife‌ sorry you have to be here; welcome! I hope the body work helps!

AFM, AF actually showed up this morning!  So, bench=burned!  I'm trying to be optimistic but not too optimistic for this cycle, if that makes any sense.

QOTW: We host thanksgiving, so my parents are already in town and some prep is already under way.  I almost never do "black Friday" unless I just go out to some stores in my neighborhood.  We'll see if I venture out this year. 

Wahoo! Congrats. I will be stalking you! :)
  • @rslh10, no worries!  But now I'm starting to question my doctor's advice... :/  I do trust her completely and I specifically asked her about TTC (more than once).  UGH!  Its too late now though.  It either happened or it didn't.

I'm in the 2WW.  Eeek!  I'm not sure temping is for me.  I'm driving myself crazy since I know exactly when I O'd.  I've looked up all the stats on how accurate early HPTs are, etc.  :\">

BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • @agpjt413 - Sorry that AF is taking her sweet ass time in getting here!  FX that she makes an appearance soon! 

@rslh10 - Hiya, thanks for the check in!  I have just been using BBT and CM checks.  I haven't tried OPKs yet.  I think that I will try them next if nothing happens this cycle. 

I currently feel like I am in AF hell...I am on cycle day 12 and still on my period.  They are usually only 4-5 days long.  The strange thing was that AF was slowing down CD7 and then CD8, bad cramping and, bam, flow like CD1 again!  This is my 2nd cycle post MC, so I guess maybe my ute is still screwed up.  Had a chat with my doctor yesterday, and she didn't seem too concerned unless is was really heavy bleeding.  I just hope this doesn't stop me from ovulating this cycle.

QOTW - DH and I will be travelling to both of our families, so I see a lot of driving in our future.  My fam Thurs. and Fri, and his fam Sat and Sun.  Luckily both families are pretty close, so we don't have to fly anywhere.  I am not usually a black Friday shopper, so I will be avoiding the stores on that day.  As far as Christmas plans go, I am pretty bummed out because I just found out I am getting sent offshore for my job for pretty much all of December, so I will miss Christmas, and it will probably cause problems for baby making (like you have to actually be together to BD)! 

Me:30 - DH:30 - Married 26.Apr.2008
    Start TTC 14.May.2014
    BFP:23.Jun.14 - ED:14.Mar.14 - MMC found 29.Jul.14 - NMC:8.Aug.14
    CD1 AL:15.Oct.14

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4f355e

• Thanks @rlsh10 and @MrsOscarFelix!

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• @rslh10 thanks for the check in this week! How's everything?

*snip*

AFM-

Yes, only a 9 day LP! I am so confused especially because AF stopped yesterday morning and a good chunk of the day (which would have given me a 3 day AF???) and then I started spotting last night and have a light flow this morning. But this AF has been super painful with tons of cramping! I don't know what the hell is going on with my body. Yes it is my first AF post mc so I am chalking it all up that.

Oh yea, your body is all out of whack after a loss. I know someone who had a 4 day LP after her loss!  Then another short one after that. It's just trying to get back to normal, and I think that's why a lot of dr's recommend waiting 2-3 cycles to ttc again. You couldn't possibly get KU with a super short LP, Ya know? My first AF post loss was SO normal, the second one was clotty, heavy, cramps it was awful. But now my AF's are light, and maybe 1 heavy day MAYBE. They're usually like 4 days long. Oh, bodies. Gotta love them. ((hugs))
  • @rslh10 -- thanks for the check-in!  I'm glad that NTNP is reducing your stress.

@TowerClimbersWife -- welcome to the check-in.  Sorry you have to be here, but all the body work sounds like an amazing step for you.

@lycih -- congratulations on burning the bench!

@wellybug -- sounds like you are being really careful to follow doctor's orders.  Good luck!

@negritosmami -- ugh to long cycles!  I hope AF comes soon (or really that is was too early when you tested and this is a BFP!)

AFM -- Beta came back at 4 so we are cleared to TTC.  We are actually more NTNP with a lot of sexy times.  No temping or OPKs, but ED or EOD sex for the whole cycle.  It has worked before so I want to stick with it for a little while before I bring out the bigger guns.  Nothing much else on the TTC front.

QOTW:  We are hosting my parents but it will be a really quiet Thanksgiving.  We aren't even making a Turkey just bbqing chicken legs.  We figure that is also very American.  We also have a friend coming over for desert.  I'll make apple pie and my husband will make pumpkin custard.  My BIL is making a fuss that we aren't going to his house, but frankly, if he cared that much he should have told us that two months ago when we made these plans not three days before.

BFP #1 ended with H born 2/2/13
    BFP #2 ended in loss @7weeks 10/15/14
    BFP #3 due 8/21/15 *please stick*
  • wellybug said:

@rslh10, no worries!  But now I'm starting to question my doctor's advice... :/  I do trust her completely and I specifically asked her about TTC (more than once).  UGH!  Its too late now though.  It either happened or it didn't.

I'm in the 2WW.  Eeek!  I'm not sure temping is for me.  I'm driving myself crazy since I know exactly when I O'd.  I've looked up all the stats on how accurate early HPTs are, etc.  :\">

My main concern for you TTC asap is your ute lining, But I'm not your Doctor. I understand what you're saying.  I was cleared immediately after my loss. I was given Methotrexate shot (which depletes your Folic Acid ), and when I came here everyone told me to wait because of the shot. My OB said to just take extra folic acid. Looking back, I wish that I would have waited. I wasn't ready emotionally, and I jumped right back into medicated cycles. They made my emotions worse and I can't ever take back the anger and emotions I had toward my H during that time. I also think jumping right back in and not giving myself time to heal has caused depression. I would say that if you don't get KU this cycle, maybe think about taking a cycle to relax, enjoy your family, and give your body a rest. I see that you had back to back losses :( ((hugs)) That's what I would do, but you are absolutely entitled to do what you choose! 

Temping can make you nuts. I never did it before, only used OPKS. I think that I like it more than I hate it, because it really gives me a good idea of what my body is doing. I also really like that it helps me time everything better. We've been trying since 8/13 and I have low AMH so I need it to happen asap lol. (Granted, I've been medicated for 5 cycles so temping doesn't really even help...it's just a habit now)

If it makes you too crazy, and puts too much pressure on your H, stop! It's not worth the stress on your marriage, sex life, and your H :D ((hugs))
  • MGiven said:

*snip*

I currently feel like I am in AF hell...I am on cycle day 12 and still on my period.  They are usually only 4-5 days long.  The strange thing was that AF was slowing down CD7 and then CD8, bad cramping and, bam, flow like CD1 again!  This is my 2nd cycle post MC, so I guess maybe my ute is still screwed up.  Had a chat with my doctor yesterday, and she didn't seem too concerned unless is was really heavy bleeding.  I just hope this doesn't stop me from ovulating this cycle.

QOTW - DH and I will be travelling to both of our families, so I see a lot of driving in our future.  My fam Thurs. and Fri, and his fam Sat and Sun.  Luckily both families are pretty close, so we don't have to fly anywhere.  I am not usually a black Friday shopper, so I will be avoiding the stores on that day.  As far as Christmas plans go, I am pretty bummed out because I just found out I am getting sent offshore for my job for pretty much all of December, so I will miss Christmas, and it will probably cause problems for baby making (like you have to actually be together to BD)! 

This happened to me. 1st post loss af was normal as could be, 2nd was CRAZY. Then they regulated. Everyone is different. I hope that she gets her crap together for you though! I'm sorry to hear about your job sending you away! That sucks. Are you in the military? I hope you enjoy your thanksgiving even though you're traveling. I can relate to that so much. My family and DH's family are 2.5 hours apart. 
  • incir said:
    @rslh10 -- thanks for the check-in!  I'm glad that NTNP is reducing your stress.

*snip*

AFM -- Beta came back at 4 so we are cleared to TTC.  We are actually more NTNP with a lot of sexy times.  No temping or OPKs, but ED or EOD sex for the whole cycle.  It has worked before so I want to stick with it for a little while before I bring out the bigger guns.  Nothing much else on the TTC front.

QOTW:  We are hosting my parents but it will be a really quiet Thanksgiving.  We aren't even making a Turkey just bbqing chicken legs.  We figure that is also very American.  We also have a friend coming over for desert.  I'll make apple pie and my husband will make pumpkin custard.  My BIL is making a fuss that we aren't going to his house, but frankly, if he cared that much he should have told us that two months ago when we made these plans not three days before.
    I'm so glad your betas are down. Yay for ttc! FX for you :) I like your plan of sticking to what you know, and then if that doesn't work, stepping it up. Good Idea. Good luck lady. Enjoy your thanksgiving!
  • Morning!! No word on either test. Our initial visit isn't until next week. We will know more after then. Since AF came on my flight home, it will be cd12 at my first RE visit,so I don't have a great feeling about them allowing it this cycle. I have a feeling it will get pushed to the end of Dec (next cycle). But FX I get another short cycle/early O! QOTW: I've never done Black Friday And I don't intend to.
    What a great time for AF to come....such a bitch! I'm sorry for that. I hope all your testing works out on good days for you, Lady. I also hate black friday shopping. There is nothing in this world that I need enough that I want to deal with all that crazy. 
  • Thanks for the check in, I'm so glad I'm done with Opks finally yesterday I got my negative. This morning FF gave me my CHs but ofcourse now I'm worried I didn't BD on the right days.... Anxiety never ends...
    Met 10/27/2006 & Married 6/7/2014
    BFP 8/30/2104 | EDD 5/11/2015 | MS 10/3/2014 | D&C 10/7/2014
    BFP 12/31/2014 | EDD 9/13/2015 PLEASE be our RAINBOW

• Hey Everyone!

I'm really sorry I've been MIA the past few days. I had treatment (for CVID) on Friday and it took a bit of a toll on me. It usually makes me tired/nauseous but this time it lasted longer than the usual 1-2 days. 

DH and I have been able to really talk a lot these past couple of days and he's agreed to go to counseling: both with me and by himself. He felt really bad for unloading on me the way he did. I wasn't upset (at him) because I know that is how he deals with fear: anger. He was so upset to get the call that I was back in the ER that the only emotion he could feel was anger. It's been a hard couple of years, but I think we are going to be stronger for it. 

A little explanation on my illness(es): I was sick almost continuously as a child. At one point I contracted meningitis and spent a month in the hospital (I as 3). I healed well and we thought that was that. Skip ahead to the past couple of years and I was finally diagnosed with Common Variable Immune Deficiency--basically my immune system is crap. Now every other month I go and get IVIG treatment (human antibodies intravenously) and it helps keep me healthy. Last August I had my first tonic-clonic (grand-mal) seizure and after lots of testing it was discovered that the meningitis I had as a child had left two lesions in my left temporal lobe which are causing my seizures. So. yeah. DH has been by my side through all of it and it is perfectly understandable to me that the stress would be overwhelming. 

tl;dr: DH and I are communicating well. We are going to counseling. I also got cleared yesterday to have all the sex now that my stitches have healed :)

((((hugs)))) to everyone that needs them today!

• Hey y'all!
    I think DH made it home in time. Still waiting on my cm to tell me it's go time; OPKS are negative. I took 1 Sunday and 2 yesterday and Felt like I was seeing things so DH looked and it seems like the first one on Monday (noon) was darker than Sunday but still not positive and the second one on Monday (5pm) was lighter again. Maybe I just missed the surged but still no cm change so just very confused since today is O day according to FF. May try my hand at temping next cycle. Will do individual replies when I have more time later today!

Me:21 Hubs:23

Married 5/19/12

BFP#1: 6/6/12 EDD: 2/8/13 DS: 2/11/13

BFP#2: 8/18/14  EDD: 4/25/15 MC: 5wks 5days

Holding out hope our firefly will light up our world again!

January TTCAL Siggy Challenge 

• rslh10 said:

MGiven said:

*snip*

This happened to me. 1st post loss af was normal as could be, 2nd was CRAZY. Then they regulated. Everyone is different. I hope that she gets her crap together for you though! I'm sorry to hear about your job sending you away! That sucks. Are you in the military? I hope you enjoy your thanksgiving even though you're traveling. I can relate to that so much. My family and DH's family are 2.5 hours apart. 
    Goodness, well, at least I know I am not alone in my crazy 2nd post MC cycle!  Hopefully things settle down soon.  I am glad to have Thanksgiving coming up to take my mind off things.  I am not in the military, I actually work in the offshore oil industry, so its out on a boat for me for a few weeks.

Me:30 - DH:30 - Married 26.Apr.2008
    Start TTC 14.May.2014
    BFP:23.Jun.14 - ED:14.Mar.14 - MMC found 29.Jul.14 - NMC:8.Aug.14
    CD1 AL:15.Oct.14

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4f355e

• @rslh10‌ how are things for you?

Yes, I had a great appt with my new RE. They repeated bloodwork and a transvaginal ultrasound but I didn't have to have a repeat HSG and MH didn't have to have another SA (he's thrilled!). My lining on ultrasound was 5mm, ovaries looked good, no cysts so the plan is Clomid + Ovidrel +
    IUI.

I started Clomid Saturday, first monitoring US 12/1 then we'll see.

He actually didn't make me do Provera before this cycle bc lining was normal. I hadn't actually heard that before but I'll take it!

Sorry I'm on mobile will catch up with everyone later.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Met: 4/25/2004, Married 8/14/2010
    Off BC 1/2013 TTC (actively) since 5/2013
    5/2014 started testing with RE, me:  HSG normal, normal AMH, no cysts; DH: great sperm
    Unexplained IF + unexplained anovulation (post-pill vs hypothalamic)

7/2014 Clomid (monitored) + TI: BFN
    8/2014 Clomid (monitored) + TI: BFP #1: 9/12/2014, EDD 5/22/2015, MMC 10/11/2014 8w1d
    11/2014 Clomid + Novarel + IUI 12/5/14: BFFN
    12/2014 Comid + Novarel + IUI 1/3/15: ???

**PgAL/PAL welcome**

• ChanelA said:

Thanks for the check in, I'm so glad I'm done with Opks finally yesterday I got my negative. This morning FF gave me my CHs but ofcourse now I'm worried I didn't BD on the right days.... Anxiety never ends...

I think it looks like you had great timing :) I would relax and see what happens! FX for you as always!
  • Hey Everyone!

I'm really sorry I've been MIA the past few days. I had treatment (for CVID) on Friday and it took a bit of a toll on me. It usually makes me tired/nauseous but this time it lasted longer than the usual 1-2 days. 

DH and I have been able to really talk a lot these past couple of days and he's agreed to go to counseling: both with me and by himself. He felt really bad for unloading on me the way he did. I wasn't upset (at him) because I know that is how he deals with fear: anger. He was so upset to get the call that I was back in the ER that the only emotion he could feel was anger. It's been a hard couple of years, but I think we are going to be stronger for it. 

A little explanation on my illness(es): I was sick almost continuously as a child. At one point I contracted meningitis and spent a month in the hospital (I as 3). I healed well and we thought that was that. Skip ahead to the past couple of years and I was finally diagnosed with Common Variable Immune Deficiency--basically my immune system is crap. Now every other month I go and get IVIG treatment (human antibodies intravenously) and it helps keep me healthy. Last August I had my first tonic-clonic (grand-mal) seizure and after lots of testing it was discovered that the meningitis I had as a child had left two lesions in my left temporal lobe which are causing my seizures. So. yeah. DH has been by my side through all of it and it is perfectly understandable to me that the stress would be overwhelming. 

tl;dr: DH and I are communicating well. We are going to counseling. I also got cleared yesterday to have all the sex now that my stitches have healed :)

((((hugs)))) to everyone that needs them today!
    So many ((hugs)) to you and your DH. Those are all very scary things to have to deal with, and I'm glad he's there for you. My husband deals with fear in almost the same way. He is either ragey or tries to make a joke. Now, go have all the sex! :D
  • @rslh10‌ thanks for the check in.

My #s came back at 15 so fx today will be my last blood draw. I've finally stopped bleeding (after 22 days) so that's good news. My Dr visit went good - she said everything looked normal. So now I'm just hoping and waiting for AF to get here so we can officially begin the "benched period". 2 cycles are never going to take longer are they?

We've got a busy busy week. I have a part time job in retail...I work from 6pm until 230am thanksgiving day (after working my full time job on wed), then home for a quick nap than off to the in-laws for lunch, my cousins for an early dinner than back to the store @ 6 pm for our doors to open. Sooo definitely no shopping for me. Lol!

So glad to hear the news about your betas! I hope the 2 cycles go by fast!! Just remember, the first few cycles after your loss can be weird in many ways, (or they could be normal) so don't worry too much :D
    Sorry you have to work during the holiday!!
  • MrsRed09 said:

Hi I'm new to this checkin. Our story in a nutshell is we were diagnosed with a blighted ovum at the beginning of November, chose to medically end the pregnancy. After two doses of misoprostol and having tissue removed from my cervix three times, we are finally on the road to getting passed this loss. We are waiting for my hcg to get down to 0....it was under 100 as of last Thursday :) and are hoping to start TTC again in January. I've started temping again and am remembering how much I loved knowing all the info, but hate temping!

QOTW: We host Thanksgiving at our house and I do most of the cooking. We used to do black Friday when it actually happened on Friday. Now that this shenanigans starts on Thursday we don't go out. I found better deals online last year anyways. 
    Hi! Welcome to the check in. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad to see your betas are finally dropping!

I hope you enjoy your holiday :)
  • Hi, @rslh10. Thanks for the check in. 

Not much new with me. Just waiting for my second AF-post D&C to get here and then DH and I are going to give it another go. Am I scared? Yes, but I'm trying to move forward. I realized today marks two months since I found out about my MMC (aka the worst day of my life). Guess it's good that I've managed to (mostly) maintain my sanity. 

Other than that, just getting ready for Thanksgiving. I'm planning to make this, https://www.crazyforcrust.com/2013/11/toffee-chocolate-pecan-pie/

Happy early Thanksgiving to you all. Thanks for all of the support :)
    * Me: 31, DH: 33 * Married 10.16.10 * Parents of our furbaby Sophie *
    BFP: 8.28.14 | EDD 5.6.15 | MMC Discovered 9.25.14 (8 weeks)| D&C 9.30.14

"Everybody here has got a story to tell. Everybody's been through their own hell. There's nothing too special about getting hurt, but getting over it that takes the work. Because one way or another, we all need each other. Nothing's going to turn out the way you thought it would. Friends and lovers, don't you duck and cover because everything comes out the way it should in the end." -Glen Phillips, "Duck and Cover" 

• flyoffeveflyoffeve member
    edited November 2014

Hi @rslh10! Thanks for the check-in.

Yeah, chart is crazy! I think O was Thursday. I didn't mark CM because I wasn't sure about the distinctions listed. I usually have a big increase, but did not this cycle. It was increased, [tmi] just not to the point where DH, was like 'uh do you need a shower before...' lol.

And for what else is new- I am glad the world decided to stop letting me feel the spinning. I went out for drinks with a friend last night. She is having a tough time with work, so I wanted to take her out for a bitchfest on it. She was there for me with my most recent loss, so it was time to give back. (DH was our driver.) I was fine last night, but woke up this morning to everything spinning. I have not gotten that way since college, when I went to bed spinning at times. <:-P

QOTW: This year Thanksgiving will just be DH and me at home. We usually go to his parents house, but they are out of town this week. I have not gone Black Friday shopping in years. I wait for Cyber Monday. I am most looking forward to the time off work around Christmas. It is typically so drama-filled with family that it isn't much fun.

Edit: words

Me: 31 DH: 36
    Dated Since ‘02, Married in ‘06
    BFP#1 05/16/06, EDD01/16/07, MC 06/12/06 at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 08/14/14, EDD 04/22/15, MC 09/17/14 at 9 weeks

My Chart

• Hi @rslh10‌. Thanks for the check-in. How are you?

The low sodium diet part of my healthy living is going pretty well. My cardiologist was thrilled with my BP yesterday. Plus, I resisted DH's temptations of my favorite pizza place in my neighborhood for dinner. However, I've been seriously slacking on the exercising. And now I have confessed this, I feel awful. I'm going to do some squats after this post!

QOTW: Thanksgiving is at my Parent's house, which is about 5 minutes away from.  I'm cooking a couple of sides and I'll help my mom and aunt with the rest.  I went Black Friday shopping last year and it was a disaster. My aunt was visiting from overseas with no cell phone. She gets lost for about an hour and a half. We finally find her and now I cannot find my uncle and cousin bc my cousin's phone died. My uncle remembers my dad's home number and called him to say he'll meet us by the macys exit but there's like 3-4 exits! I checked all the exits and there's no sign of them. I walk to Bloomies thinking my uncle was confused (that's where we parked initially). No joke I walked back and forth for an hour, threatening to leave them there after every exit I checked. Finally they showed up and apparently they were waiting at one of the small exits that I only checked once. Same aunt and uncle are back and there will be no shopping for anyone this Black Friday!
    TTC since August 2013 BFP #1 1/15/14...MMC 2/24/14...D&C 3/3/14 BFP #2 5/11/14 ... severe pre-e placental abruption our angel born sleeping at 22 weeks Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Checking in for the first time after joining on Sunday. Read the newbie thread and was able to learn a lot! Currently going through an EP loss with today being the hardest of all days (since Friday we had surgery). Severe bleeding and cramping. All normal symptoms per OB nurse. I feel like crawling in a hole and never coming out. Seriously, this sucks
    Megan
  • nikiswimr said:
    @rslh10‌ how are things for you? Yes, I had a great appt with my new RE. They repeated bloodwork and a transvaginal ultrasound but I didn't have to have a repeat HSG and MH didn't have to have another SA (he's thrilled!). My lining on ultrasound was 5mm, ovaries looked good, no cysts so the plan is Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI. I started Clomid Saturday, first monitoring US 12/1 then we'll see. He actually didn't make me do Provera before this cycle bc lining was normal. I hadn't actually heard that before but I'll take it! Sorry I'm on mobile will catch up with everyone later.
    Oh man I'm excited for you. I have everything crossed. Thank goodness you didn't have to repeat the HSG/SA! That's great news :) H's are so silly about those things anyway ;)
  • Hi, @rslh10. Thanks for the check in. 

Not much new with me. Just waiting for my second AF-post D&C to get here and then DH and I are going to give it another go. Am I scared? Yes, but I'm trying to move forward. I realized today marks two months since I found out about my MMC (aka the worst day of my life). Guess it's good that I've managed to (mostly) maintain my sanity. 

Other than that, just getting ready for Thanksgiving. I'm planning to make this, https://www.crazyforcrust.com/2013/11/toffee-chocolate-pecan-pie/

Happy early Thanksgiving to you all. Thanks for all of the support :)
    I hate when those milestones creep up on you. I had that happen the other day (6 mth mark of my loss) and I just felt all these weird feelings. I think it's normal to feel all those things, and to be sad. I will have FX for you guys!! Come on AF! (again lol)

I'm so glad you feel supported here. That is my main goal. The amazing people supported me when I felt at my darkest and I can NEVER repay them for the amount of love they gave me. I hope you feel it too! 
    :x >:D<
  • flyoffeve said:

Hi @rslh10! Thanks for the check-in.

Yeah, chart is crazy! I think O was Thursday. I didn't mark CM because I wasn't sure about the distinctions listed. I usually have a big increase, but did not this cycle. It was increased, [tmi] just not to the point where DH, was like 'uh do you need a shower before...' lol.

And for what else is new- I am glad the world decided to stop letting me feel the spinning. I went out for drinks with a friend last night. She is having a tough time with work, so I wanted to take her out for a bitchfest on it. She was there for me with my most recent loss, so it was time to give back. (DH was our driver.) I was fine last night, but woke up this morning to everything spinning. I have not gotten that way since college, when I went to bed spinning at times. <:-P

QOTW: This year Thanksgiving will just be DH and me at home. We usually go to his parents house, but they are out of town this week. I have not gone Black Friday shopping in years. I wait for Cyber Monday. I am most looking forward to the time off work around Christmas. It is typically so drama-filled with family that it isn't much fun.

Edit: words

I'm going to go chart stalk you again just for fun :-p I know what you mean about the CM and how its weird. I haven't had really good EWCM since my loss....until today. So I'm at war with myself over here! 

I'm so happy to hear that you got to go out with your friend! I love that. i think that everyone needs to get out and cut loose every once in a while. Especially when shit is so sucky!! Your H is a good man for being the DD :D

• Hi @rslh10‌. Thanks for the check-in. How are you?

The low sodium diet part of my healthy living is going pretty well. My cardiologist was thrilled with my BP yesterday. Plus, I resisted DH's temptations of my favorite pizza place in my neighborhood for dinner. However, I've been seriously slacking on the exercising. And now I have confessed this, I feel awful. I'm going to do some squats after this post!

QOTW: Thanksgiving is at my Parent's house, which is about 5 minutes away from.  I'm cooking a couple of sides and I'll help my mom and aunt with the rest.  I went Black Friday shopping last year and it was a disaster. My aunt was visiting from overseas with no cell phone. She gets lost for about an hour and a half. We finally find her and now I cannot find my uncle and cousin bc my cousin's phone died. My uncle remembers my dad's home number and called him to say he'll meet us by the macys exit but there's like 3-4 exits! I checked all the exits and there's no sign of them. I walk to Bloomies thinking my uncle was confused (that's where we parked initially). No joke I walked back and forth for an hour, threatening to leave them there after every exit I checked. Finally they showed up and apparently they were waiting at one of the small exits that I only checked once. Same aunt and uncle are back and there will be no shopping for anyone this Black Friday!
    First, your story about black friday cracked me up. I was LOL'ing. Second, I'm so glad to hear that your diet is going well. Great news about your BP too! wahoo! \:D/
  • Checking in for the first time after joining on Sunday. Read the newbie thread and was able to learn a lot! Currently going through an EP loss with today being the hardest of all days (since Friday we had surgery). Severe bleeding and cramping. All normal symptoms per OB nurse. I feel like crawling in a hole and never coming out. Seriously, this sucks
    Welcome. I am so sorry for your loss!  ((hugs)) I know how hard this all is, and we all can relate to how you're feeling. Just know that the emotions you feel and the wanting to crawl into a hole and never come out...all totally normal. This board has made me feel so much better about my loss (Ectopic, as well--pm me if you want to talk) and I hope that you stick around and really get to know everyone. I cannot tell you how much I have learned, how much support I have received and how many friends I have made. The ladies here get it, we understand and we are here for you. More ((hugs))!!! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"