January 2013 Moms
Options

Spouse/SO Christmas presents

What are you all doing for spouse/SO Xmas gifts this year? I have zero ideas.

Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: Spouse/SO Christmas presents

• Options
    Same here....after 12 years together I'm still terrible at gift giving where my DH is concerned!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We don't do extravagant gifts. This year I'm getting DH a new flannel shirt (his request), a desk lamp, desk organizer and travel cases for his razor and shaving brush (he uses the old school straight blades to shave).

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - (B9PH)

Lilypie - (0YVF)
     TTC since 11/2009; Lap/HSG/Hysteroscopy: 5/2011 (endometriosis - removed; endocervical polyp - removed; high pressure in bilateral tubes - cleared)

BFP #1: 8/4/11; DS1 born sleeping on 11/16/11 at 19w1d

BFP # 2: 5/7/12, EDD 1/10/13, DS2 born 1/4/13

BFP # 3: 11/8/13, EDD 7/17/14, mmc 10wks

BFP # 4: 5/16/14, EDD 1/15/15, praying for our 2nd rainbow baby 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I got him a speaker for his phone so he can play music when golfing (which sounds like I am cool but he requested it months ago so I get no points for creativity, just for listening). 

I also got him some golf balls, new undershirts and socks, a few nice button downs.  Lame.

Seriously shopping for guys is boring.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not even sure we're doing actual gifts this year. I hate to be that old married couple...but with me being a full time student and just working sporadically our budget is tight, and obviously we want to make sure DD has a good Christmas first and foremost. I did come up with an idea though that a friend of mine has done before. Instead of doing gifts, filling their stocking with small things that they like--i.e. candy, maybe a card game, lotto tickets, etc. The one thing he desperately needs that I will probably get him is a new wallet. I found some that look like firefighter turnout gear that are really cool--unfortunately it's only bifold not trifold so I'm still on the hunt for exactly the one I want. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    we always say no gifts, but end up getting gifts...
    this year i mean it no gifts...got the fridge i wanted and a pricier countertop than i wanted...went to disney...have a new one on the way, so things are tight
    however, i really want to get dh an xbox one....not sure if or how i'll make that happen...hoping to get more jamberry sales in so i can maybe use that comission to pay for it...but i know if i get that for him and he doesn't get me anything he'll feel like an ass and be pissed for no reason....but he has put up with a lot of my sh!t lately so i want to do something for him....
    all i asked for is one of the new disney pandora charms...but then my bday is a couple of weeks after christmas....

• Options
    This year I'm having a Christmas themed quilt made for him. I was able to pick out the fabric designs and got to work very closely via email with the woman who's making it and I'm so excited. I also got him a sign that says "couples that fart together stay together" that's about it maybe a new ornament or something.
    i love that quote! i might just steal that....never farted in front of dh while dating but i told him as soon as i say i do all bets are off....lol....

• Options
    Yeah, we just bought a new couch, so that might be it. We both also need new winter jackets. Not really exciting, but we also want DD to have a really fun Christmas! Glad we aren't the only ones not doing something big!
    Our little Samosa arrives in January!
  • Options
    DH really like Kiehls(sp?) products so I might up a moisturizer or something. I was also thinking about getting him a Bluetooth speaker for his phone since he's mentioned them several times this year.
  • Options
    I'm the worst gift giver! We didn't do gifts last year but are this year. I always get DH clothes because he always needs them and won't buy them. He wouldn't own jeans or underwear without me!! I'm pretty sure he'd wear just a shirt with no bottoms.
  • Options
    DH saved up a bunch of scrap metal at work and sold it. He made a lot of money off of it. He gave me the money to go buy him an xbox one.
    I am personally over the we should buy each other gifts at this point but clearly he is not lol!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"