3rd Trimester
Options

swelling in lower legs

Has anyone else noticed swelling in their lower legs? I know swollen ankles and feet are common in the 3rd trimester but I was not sure about the legs. I am 30 weeks and just started noticing yesterday that my lower legs are really swollen, more so than my ankles.

Re: swelling in lower legs

• Options
    Is your blood pressure generally okay?

Swelling is pretty normal, as is water retention but you definitely want to mention it to your doctor, he/she may want to keep an eye you, just in case 

TTC #2

Cycle 1:   (January/February)                            Cycle 2:  (February/March)

O - CD17                                                     O - CD15
    IB @ 11dpo                                                            11dpo-13dpo spotting
    BFP @ 12dpo (late pm)                         AF CD28 (late 13dpo)                     
    13dpo = positive fading all day
    14dpo beta = 7.2
    AF CD32 - Confirmed Chemical Pregnancy

CYCLE 3 (March/April) 
    O - CD19 
    8DPO - Faint BFP on Wondfo
    9DPO - Neg. on FRER
    11 DPO - BFP FRER
    14 DPO - Beta 123
    17 DPO - 784, yay! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My lower legs and ankles swell, especially if I sit for too long, it is pretty normal. Last pregnancy I was due at the end of summer and I had a lot of swelling in my whole leg, my ankles and my feet. It was miserable! As long as your swelling isn't sudden or more pronounced on one side than the other, it is generally pretty normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have had problems with my blood pressure for a few months now. Last night when I noticed the swelling it was 150/94
  • Options
    You need to call your doctor! With your blood pressure being high and the swelling I wouldn't mess around
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options
    I agree, call your Doc with that blood pressure! I have loads of swelling with each pregnancy, but I've never had high blood pressure. Im just a good water retainer. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
  • Options
    CALL YOUR DOCTOR. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks I went to the doctor about it Tuesday. They didn't seem that concerned since my blood pressure was down by the time I got to their office but they wrote me out of work till Monday to see if it helps with the bp and swelling.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"