March 2014 Moms

Sleep when baby does...imagine that!

SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
edited November 2014 in March 2014 Moms
If you went to bed when your kid(s) does (and hopefully fell asleep quickly), what would your sleep look like then??
(Obviously factor in wake ups etc, but don't count naps - nighttime sleep only)

Sleep when baby does...imagine that! 99 votes

Less than 4 hours a night
1% 1 vote
4.5 to 7 hours a night
19% 19 votes
7.5 or more hours a night
73% 73 votes
I still don't know what sleep is, I've been up for days.
1% 1 vote
I sleep more than I'm awake.
4% 4 votes
SS - answers please
1% 1 vote

Re: Sleep when baby does...imagine that!

• talee1989talee1989 member
    edited November 2014
    SS but I didn't think to vote it, I did 7.5+... I go to bed before baby if he's still up when I go and DS1 will most the time willingly go with me(he bed shares) or else My DH is very capable (& willing) to stay up and put the LOs to bed.. I'm an early to bed person like 8/830 early. Both sttn

Lilypie - (rVtP)Daisypath - (hJ7A)Lilypie - (mHiG)

• My problem.
    Kids in bed at 9-9:30. I spend a bit of time with DH. Then bed around 11.
    His alarm goes off at 5 (or earlier a few days a week). LO is up once. Then up for day between 6 and 8.
  • Loading the player...
  • Never more than 3 hours of continuous night sleep.
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Levi is getting worse, or perhaps my ability to cope is.  We are trying to find a solution... I'm tired
  • Are we talking continuous sleep? I put 4.5 to 7 bc LO sometimes STTN, but just as often wakes up once about 5 hours into his sleep. I think teething has a big part to do with it and I'll be happy when it's all over with. Last night we were up from 2:00 to 3:15 bc of teething, then DH's alarms start going off at 6:30. When LO STTN, he's asleep around 10, and sleeps til 8ish.
  • N goes to sleep around 6pm and sleeps until 6:30 or 7am. Sometimes later - he slept through to 8:30am the other morning - but his schedule rarely differs. So on average he's getting 12 hours a night, sometimes more.
  • @surpriseat39 ..... you're a little fixated on sleep lately, what's been going on?

LO's sleep has been a bit erratic lately.
    He 'usually' wakes once a night.
    Then he will wake twice a night for seemingly no reason.
    Then sometimes he STTN for 2-4 days in a row, then all of a sudden it's like he's awake every hour all night long.

If I went to bed when he did, some nights I'd get 10 hours (when he STTN), and sometimes 2 hours (this happened a few days ago - the Tylenol affected his poops which affected his nighttime sleep).
    ** however, I DON'T go to bed as soon as he does, so I lose 1-3 hours off what I 'could' get.

I was just curious what was up with other people.
    And it's been a while since we had a sleep poll. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"