February 2013 Moms
Options

What are you getting your SO for the holidays?

Mine is impossible to buy for, which is made more annoying by the fact that he usually gets me something great.  And I spent my great idea for a new pair of his favorite shoes on his birthday (which, considering we were barely speaking then, was a huge get).  Can I mooch off of your ideas/plans?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are you getting your SO for the holidays?

• Options
    We said no gifts this year and I am kind of bummed. I always give great gifts to my husband and he is the not-so-great gift giver in our family.

He isn't working right now and he just got a new 2015 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited and we have added a 2.5 inch lift, 35in tires and new rims for $3K so I guess that all counts as the next several birthdays and Christmas' for him!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Nothing Hhahahaha! I am carrying his child. Just kidding, we just agreed to make Christmas really special for DD since this will be our last Christmas as a family of 3. Plus his birthday is this week and he's hard to buy for, I got off easy :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He's getting a record player from his mom, so I'm getting him this cool record subscription service that I know he really wants.

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options
    We don't do much for each other at Christmas. DH is hard to buy for, and doesn't really care about gifts. I got him an HDMI cable, he really wanted that so our DVD player and his Xbox can both be plugged in to the TV at the same time. I also got him some of his favorite candy.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    DH has been toying with getting a ukulele for about a year now, so I found a DIY "build your own" which will enable me to paint it, so I'm going to do that. It costs a hair under $40 for the ukulele itself with shipping and I love painting stuff, so it'll be a neat gift for him and something fun for me to do. that is pretty much it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    nlp1990nlp1990 member
    edited November 2014
    I'm getting DH a new tool that he has been wanting.
  • Options
    We're doing squat for each other.  My whole family is going to be together, so we're just doing gifts for kids and then getting a little something for each adult's stocking.  We're taking a big expensive trip to my sister's destination wedding in Curacao in March, so that's our gift to each other. 

• Options
    Oh my. Is it time to be thinking about this already?? Yeah, we do amazon wish lists too.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    I'm going back and forth on what to get DH. I'll go either with a a really nice deep fried that he wants (but I'll probably use more than he will...) or clothing splurge. He needs not work clothes but won't buy them himself.
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Movies - I got him Iron Man 3 and pre ordered Guardians of the Galaxy.

Cologne

I'm buying him a bottle of good scotch. Probably Oban.
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • Options
    I got him wireless headphones for working out,  a few new button downs for work, a new travel coffee mug and I think thats it right now. I want to get him something cool from DS. Last year we did a travel coffee mug from shutterfly with pictures of him and DS all over it and it leaks...so thats out. ha.
  • Options
    Snow boots, winter hat and winter gloves :) these southerners are not prepared for a north east winter, I tell ya!
     Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
    View Full Size Image

• Options
    khazekhaze member
    edited November 2014
    @verovladamir - may I suggest this site for getting your husband's new ring?

https://www.tanga.com/deals/men-rings?internal_campaign=header_navigation_category_dropdown_subcategory

MH bought just some band for our wedding - he didn't give himself enough time to shop around and he really didn't like the one he bought and he spent like $150 on it.  Well, I bought him one off of this site I had heard about from a friend and he LOVES it.  It has also held up a lot better than the one he originally bought.  Plus, it was only $15......  Just a thought, wanted to pass the idea along.

Declan 2.21.2013
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 6.22.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My husband is impossible to shop for. He usually buys it for himself if he wants it.

I do want to get him something sort of sentimental/ inside joke. We watched the miniseries Taken when we were first dating. There is a man in it who was cheating on his wife. He would tell them both the same corny phrase. A want to have it made into a plaque or something
  • Options
    Don't know if anyone watches "A Chef's Life" on PBS, but we are huge fans. I'm taking DH to have dinner at the restaurant, The Chef and the Farmer, and away for the night. I'm hoping to stay at a B&B in the little town there.

View Full Size Image
    BFP- 5/23/12 EDD- 1/23/13 DS born 2/2/13

Baby BOY #2 coming in May!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"