Babies on the Brain
Options

One day period.

I got my period a day late (on Saturday) and it lasted one day and then completely disappeared. It was light, but definitely more than just spotting. I had absolutely horrible cramps the day it started and even though it has stopped I am still having a small amount of cramping. I had cramping the two weeks before my period as well and have been more tired than usual lately. Is it possible I could be pregnant if I had my my period but it only lasted a day? This has never happened before. I am always very regular.

Re: One day period.

• Options
    I had similar symptoms when I got pregnant both times. However as others have said, the only way to confirm is to pee on a stick. 
  • Options
    I have never had a one day bleed before for a "normal period" so I can't be of much help to you on that. And even "normal periods" are seen as being 2 - 7 days sometimes.

According to Mayo Clinic, For the first few years after menstruation begins, long cycles are common. However, menstrual cycles tend to shorten and become more regular as you age. Your menstrual cycle might be regular — about the same length every month — or somewhat irregular, and your period might be light or heavy, painful or pain-free, long or short, and still be considered normal. Within a broad range, "normal" is what's normal for you

If you are TTC though, best of luck to you & YAYY (let us know when you find out) and if you aren't, visit your doctor as it could be a cause for concern and even then if you wish to share those results, let us know what it was.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If only there was a magical stick you could pee on that told you if you are pregnant or not...whoever invents that will be a billionaire!

Pee on the test. If it is negative but you still miss your next AF pee on another test.
    Anniversary
    Me 27  DH 31
    Married 11.1.14

• Options
    I always had very regular periods then one month, my period was almost two weeks late and was one day of spotting- that's it.  I asked my dr. about it when I was in and she said it still counts as a period and to count it as day one of my next cycle.  Sure enough, the next cycle was right back to normal.  Sometimes our bodies react to things we don't even realize, or it could happen for no reason at all.  Take a test and see how your next cycle goes.  If your cycles become unpredictable after several months with no possible explanation (diet, stress, exercise, medication, etc.) then talk to your dr.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"