3rd Trimester
Options

Name help

Hi ladies! I was just wondering what people thought of the name Charli Anne for a girl. After 3 miscarriages I can't bring myself to use any of the other names we had chosen and I love the name Charli, but my husband isn't too sure about it.

Re: Name help

• Options
    I'm afraid it looks incomplete to me with just an 'i' at the end. I think Charlie is cute for a girl though I'd personally not use it for the reason of, I can't imagine a successful adult who is a lawyer, doctor, journalist etc with the name 'Charlie'.. 

TTC #2

Cycle 1:   (January/February)                            Cycle 2:  (February/March)

O - CD17                                                     O - CD15
    IB @ 11dpo                                                            11dpo-13dpo spotting
    BFP @ 12dpo (late pm)                         AF CD28 (late 13dpo)                     
    13dpo = positive fading all day
    14dpo beta = 7.2
    AF CD32 - Confirmed Chemical Pregnancy

CYCLE 3 (March/April) 
    O - CD19 
    8DPO - Faint BFP on Wondfo
    9DPO - Neg. on FRER
    11 DPO - BFP FRER
    14 DPO - Beta 123
    17 DPO - 784, yay! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your losses. While it's not wildly popular, I've heard of girls named Charlie (I do prefer the "e" at the end, personally), Riley, Sam, and other traditional boy names. If you like it and it's your style, go with it. But I would recommend trying to find something you and your husband both like equally. You don't want name resentment or regret later on.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like the name Charlie for a girl (with the 'e' on the end).

I'm sorry about your previous losses. Other C/K names I like are Kara, Caitlyn, Katherine, and Kate.
  • Options
    I would pick a formal name (Charlotte is sooo cute) and use Charlie as a nickname
  • Options
    Charlotte is the name we have picked out for our girl. We will be calling her Charlie but wanted her to have the Charlotte option. But who knows we thought we were going to refer to DS3 as PJ but he has and will always be Paul to me so maybe baby will be Charlotte more than Charlie. DH plans on calling her Chuck...that will not be lasting.
  • Options
    Charlie would be a super cute nickname but I would say give her a more formal name and make it a nickname, she won't be little forever and she may want a more professional name one day. Charlotte is beautiful, I am sure that there are other options too, I just can't think of them right now.
  • Options
    We know a little girl named Charlee and I really hate it. Probably one of my least favorite little girls names ever. Like others said, it is best as a nickname for a girl considering it is such a well known men's name (Charles/Charlie). It would be like naming a daughter Benjamin in my mind. 

Charlotte is a lovely name and you can call her Charlie or Lottie, but she still has a feminine formal name. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I think Charlie is a cute *nick name* for a girl. I also.think there should be an E at the end.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"