edited November 2014 in TTC After a Loss
Hello everyone,

This check-in is for Monday, November 24th 2014
♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~
New members @medic7979
No BFP's
♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~
This is a check-in designed for us that are AMA (35+) and dealing with that added challenge in our TTCAL journeys. Please feel free to share your insights, vents, thoughts, and anything else. Mostly this check-in is to remind all of us that we are not alone and to offer support to each other.  New members: Post an introduction and your current TTC status and I will add you to the list! Welcome  Current members: Post your updates, link to your chart, upcoming appointments, and if you get a BFP, please PM me! If you get a BFP and do not PM me,  I will not post your BFP in the check-in.
Current Members:

Please provide an update on how you are and what’s going in your life. 

QOTW : What are your Thanksgiving plans? 

To anyone who missed last week’s check-in: how are you? 

Hugs for everyone.

***TTCAL January siggy challenge ***

Re: ♡♡♡AMA Check-in 11/24♡♡♡

• Hey @rubysi! How are you doing as the holiday's approach?

Nothing much new here, still benched so no activity there. I won't lie, it was kind of nice this month not being all crazy during the 2WW! 

I am doing pretty good at my temping and I have been reading all the lessons FF sends me but I am still overwhelmed with the chart. I am at a complete loss as to what it all means and I find myself looking at other people's chart hoping something will click lol I will keep plugging along with it thought! 

QOTW : What are your Thanksgiving plans? In a drunken stupor one night quite some time ago I guess I volunteered to do Thanksgiving at my house and I was recently reminded. It's not too bad since there won't be many of us and I cheated by ordering a turkey and ham dinner from somewhere. I will make some more stuff but I just couldn't imagine ALL that cooking. My mom comes tomorrow night so I guess I need to get home and clean, clean, clean. :( 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Hi @rubysi.  I posted this on the November checkin

It has been an eventful week here.  I had my RE follow up on Thursday and had a +OPK that morning.  U/S and bloodwork confirmed that but my lining was thin (7.5mm) so he recommended a trigger shot and vaginal estrace followed but progesterone supps after O.
    We also had the best timing we have had since my loss so I am hopeful but trying not to get too hopeful.

QOTW: My Dad is having dinner here to fly out to florida tomorrow AM.  My mom is already there with my Grandma. I am working out of town (1.5 hrs away/24 hr call) Thurs through Monday AM.  It is a bit annoying but I'm glad I have an excuse not to do family stuff.  I just don't want to deal with happy holiday crap since my EDD is this week.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• Loading the player...
  • @tlc35 *hugs* for your EDD week. I can understand the relief of not having to do all the family stuff. 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• @rubysi  thanks for the check-in, how are you?

@Nikolie93 good luck with the temping.  I gave that up a long time ago, too stressful! 

@tlc35 ((HUGS)) My EDD this month hit me a lot harder than I thought it would.

AFM: Last night I started meds for IVF.  MH is out of town so I had to do it myself.  Never again!!  I have a serious problem with needles and it took forever because I was shaking so much.  I stabbed myself twice in the finger and had to change out the needles.  Luckily MH is back tonight and will be doing the honors from here on out.

Q: Thanksgiving is at my house (family invited themselves!) which is actually better with the IVF monitoring, I do not have to make up an excuse to not go somewhere else.  My Dad is getting in early to help me cook, which he will actually do most of since he is an old italian man and once they hit 50 they cook, no argument.  Or, that is how it goes down in my family.
  • Nikolie93 said:
    Hey @rubysi! How are you doing as the holiday's approach?

Nothing much new here, still benched so no activity there. I won't lie, it was kind of nice this month not being all crazy during the 2WW! 

I am doing pretty good at my temping and I have been reading all the lessons FF sends me but I am still overwhelmed with the chart. I am at a complete loss as to what it all means and I find myself looking at other people's chart hoping something will click lol I will keep plugging along with it thought! 

QOTW : What are your Thanksgiving plans? In a drunken stupor one night quite some time ago I guess I volunteered to do Thanksgiving at my house and I was recently reminded. It's not too bad since there won't be many of us and I cheated by ordering a turkey and ham dinner from somewhere. I will make some more stuff but I just couldn't imagine ALL that cooking. My mom comes tomorrow night so I guess I need to get home and clean, clean, clean. :( 
    I liked charting to figure out what my body was doing and I hated it because I obsessed about it. I didn't sleep properly, worried if my temps went up or dropped, and ultimately gave it up when the re said to trust the opk's. That being said your chart looks like you are doing a great job taking your temps at the same time every day.

Drunken stupors do us no favors. You are smart to order in the meal. I made the Thanksgiving meal once for 4 people and thought I would die. Good luck with the cleaning.

• @VesperLynch‌ I shall put my heart and soul into my mashed taters! Lol

@rubysi‌ honestly I hesitated to start temping because I didn't want to jump on the crazy train. I think I'm ok now because I'm on the bench but nervous I will get bat shit crazy when I TTC again.

Yeah, cooking for 4 is still way too much for me! :\">

• tlc35 said:
    Hi @rubysi.  I posted this on the November checkin

It has been an eventful week here.  I had my RE follow up on Thursday and had a +OPK that morning.  U/S and bloodwork confirmed that but my lining was thin (7.5mm) so he recommended a trigger shot and vaginal estrace followed but progesterone supps after O.
    We also had the best timing we have had since my loss so I am hopeful but trying not to get too hopeful.

QOTW: My Dad is having dinner here to fly out to florida tomorrow AM.  My mom is already there with my Grandma. I am working out of town (1.5 hrs away/24 hr call) Thurs through Monday AM.  It is a bit annoying but I'm glad I have an excuse not to do family stuff.  I just don't want to deal with happy holiday crap since my EDD is this week.
    FX this is your cycle. ((Hugs)) 

• @rubysi  thanks for the check-in, how are you?

@Nikolie93 good luck with the temping.  I gave that up a long time ago, too stressful! 

@tlc35 ((HUGS)) My EDD this month hit me a lot harder than I thought it would.

AFM: Last night I started meds for IVF.  MH is out of town so I had to do it myself.  Never again!!  I have a serious problem with needles and it took forever because I was shaking so much.  I stabbed myself twice in the finger and had to change out the needles.  Luckily MH is back tonight and will be doing the honors from here on out.

Q: Thanksgiving is at my house (family invited themselves!) which is actually better with the IVF monitoring, I do not have to make up an excuse to not go somewhere else.  My Dad is getting in early to help me cook, which he will actually do most of since he is an old italian man and once they hit 50 they cook, no argument.  Or, that is how it goes down in my family.
    I have the same issue with needles. I am guessing I will have to give myself my trigger shot tomorrow at work, I have already started to panic. That is awesome your dad is doing most of the cooking.

• Hi, @rubysi, and thanks for checking in! How are you?

@Nikolie93 - Oh, the things we do when we get drunk....smart move, though, on the catered meats. That way, you can poor all your looove into the side dishes; everyone will be talking about those anyway!

@tlc35 - GL to you! Thinking of you as your EDD approaches. Much love and peace to you.

Here, AF is just around the corner...the pre-cramping, KWIM? The semester is all about crunch time, and tons of students are trying to schedule appointments with me.

Thanksgiving, we will be observing our tradition of Chinese take-out. Neither DH nor I have family here, and he works most Thanksgivings, so cooking a big dinner would be a bit depressing. So instead, a few years ago, we started the takeout thing. Our favorite Chinese place is closed on Thanksgiving, so I am picking up the food Wed evening and Thu will be totally relaxed. DH will be leaving for work around 4 that afternoon, so I plan to watch a movie and drink too much wine. Yay!

Sounds like work is busy. Your Thanksgiving sounds alot like ours this year, I like spending it with my favorite person.

• Nikolie93 said:
    @VesperLynch‌ I shall put my heart and soul into my mashed taters! Lol @rubysi‌ honestly I hesitated to start temping because I didn't want to jump on the crazy train. I think I'm ok now because I'm on the bench but nervous I will get bat shit crazy when I TTC again. Yeah, cooking for 4 is still way too much for me! :\">
    "Bat shit crazy" is a good way to describe me temping. If you find yourself going there... stop. As long as you can keep the obsession under control you should be fine.

• I am doing ok this week, work is crazy and I am exhausted. Tomorrow I go in for my monitoring scan and decide if we are going to do the iui. I think dh might come so he can ask questions. QOTW : It will just be us on Thursday and possibly an iui in the morning. We are still trying to decide if there will be any other plans. The family get together will be next Sunday. It was postponed because our host has an ill parent that she wanted to spend what she assumes will be her last thanksgiving with them. It seems fair to me.

• mlal78 said:
    Happy Thanksgiving to all you US ladies.  I have no holiday this week, and will live vicariously through you ladies.

AFM, I am having some major O cramping and suspect that O day will end up being today, which is a little later than last cycle, but still earlier than my non-medicated normal. 
    Yeah for an earlier O. :)

• furrypaws said:

Hey @rubysi ! :-h

Well, we missed our window of opportunity this cycle due to the poison ivy penis.

So I guess we just wait till next month. Meh.

Other than being bummed out about that I've had some emotional days here and there over it...the holidays don't help. I start thinking that I should be out looking for those cute little "My First ___" outfits. That sucks. And my Mom is still in the hospital so she won't be able to come for Turkey Day which is also a bummer. I am looking forward to having family over though so I'll focus on that!

We are hosting Turkey Day for the second time. I'm hoping this becomes the norm. Our house can fit DH's family better than his Mom's house so I don't think anyone will object.

I am sorry about your cycle.((hugs)) I think focusing on Thanksgiving visitors will be a good destraction.

• @furrypaws damn poison ivy penis! I bet you're glad he realized it before he stuck it in you though because that would have sucked!

I hope your mom feels better soon, sorry she won't be making it.

• @Vesperlynch that sounds awesome (except for your H working).  A few times when we couldn't make it home we tried take out but it didn't stick, MH is a big Thanksgiving fan so if no one comes to us we make the trek to them.
  • @rubysi good luck tomorrow

@furrypaws did I read this right, poison ivy penis?
  • TBH take out Chinese for Thanksgiving sounds delightful right about now! 

• May I join you lovely ladies? I was part of this check-in once upon a time and would like to come back in. 

Please provide an update on how you are and what’s going in your life. I'm having some serious mood swings, probably due to my hormones dropping. One minute I'll be feeling OK and then the next minute I'll be reminded by some little trigger that I'm not pregnant and that I'm in a waiting phase, yet again. 

We are TTA at the moment while for my HCG to go down to zero. After that, the plan is to get an MRI to check for a possible septum that was identified on the X-ray that confirmed my M/C last week. It's weird that no one has ever noted the possibility of a septum before, despite the fact that I've had 3 (!) hysteroscopies in the last 5 months. But if the MRI gives us answers, or even just rules something out, then I'm all for it. 

QOTW : What are your Thanksgiving plans? My family is coming to my house and I'll be cooking the dinner. We'll have a total of 8 adults and 1 child, so not a crazy large gathering. Getting everything ready will be stressful, I'm sure, but I'm glad we don't have to travel. Also, it's our first Thanksgiving in our new house and I'm excited to show it off in all it's glory (it's a 1929 bungalow that we completely rehabbed). 

To anyone who missed last week’s check-in: how are you? I'll be better when the virus that DH and I have been suffering from (chills, fever, cough) finally leaves our house for good!
    DX: I'm a Recurrent Loser
    Me (35) + DH (37) - Married Sept. 2007
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    BFP#2 11/13/13 - EDD 7/29/14 - M/C at 5w3d
    BFP #3 12/28/13 - EDD 9/7/14 - M/C at 4w6d
    BFP#4 3/27/14 -  EDD 12/5/14 - Girl lost to 45X at 8w6d - D&C 
    BFP#5 10/15/14 - EDD 6/30/15 - M/C at 7w2d
    BFP #6 1/5/15 - EDD 9.16.14 [CLICKY for progress]
    In search of a image

• tlc35 said:
     I am working out of town (1.5 hrs away/24 hr call) Thurs through Monday AM.  It is a bit annoying but I'm glad I have an excuse not to do family stuff.  I just don't want to deal with happy holiday crap since my EDD is this week.
    @tlc35 ((Hugs)) to you with your EDD and the holiday right on top of each other. And I'm crossing my fingers for you this month!
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• My Dad is getting in early to help me cook, which he will actually do most of since he is an old italian man and once they hit 50 they cook, no argument.  Or, that is how it goes down in my family.
    @yellowcat10 OMG, I love this! Thinking of you as you prep for IVF. So exciting! 
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• Hi @bookishmomma, sorry to see you here but welcome! 

I hope your levels get down to 0 quickly so you can get that MRI scheduled. Hopefully that will give you the answers you're looking for. 

Mood swings are the worst, especially during a holiday where you are hosting. Good luck *hug*

As for your 1929 bungalow, that sound amazing! I am always so interested in things like that. If you ever want to show off all your hard work, go right ahead (or maybe you already have somewhere). 

Hope you and your DH feel better soon :) 

• @furrypaws omg, the poison ivy dick is just too much... hope your DH is on the mend. Tell him no more peeing in the woods!

@nikolie93 I'm hosting, too, except that I agreed to it not in a drunken stupor, but when I was still pregnant a few weeks ago, which is almost the same thing in terms of crazy level.

@mlal78 hope you can confirm O soon. Nice temp jump today! 

@vesperlynch enjoy your relaxed Thanksgiving and best of luck with this busy time of the academic year.

@rubysi I go BSC when I'm temping, too, which is why I'm on hiatus from temping, indefinitely.
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• May I join you lovely ladies? I was part of this check-in once upon a time and would like to come back in. 

Please provide an update on how you are and what’s going in your life. I'm having some serious mood swings, probably due to my hormones dropping. One minute I'll be feeling OK and then the next minute I'll be reminded by some little trigger that I'm not pregnant and that I'm in a waiting phase, yet again. 

We are TTA at the moment while for my HCG to go down to zero. After that, the plan is to get an MRI to check for a possible septum that was identified on the X-ray that confirmed my M/C last week. It's weird that no one has ever noted the possibility of a septum before, despite the fact that I've had 3 (!) hysteroscopies in the last 5 months. But if the MRI gives us answers, or even just rules something out, then I'm all for it. 

QOTW : What are your Thanksgiving plans? My family is coming to my house and I'll be cooking the dinner. We'll have a total of 8 adults and 1 child, so not a crazy large gathering. Getting everything ready will be stressful, I'm sure, but I'm glad we don't have to travel. Also, it's our first Thanksgiving in our new house and I'm excited to show it off in all it's glory (it's a 1929 bungalow that we completely rehabbed). 

To anyone who missed last week’s check-in: how are you? I'll be better when the virus that DH and I have been suffering from (chills, fever, cough) finally leaves our house for good!
    Welcome back. I am sorry you are having a rough time. I hope you feel better before your guests arrive.

• Hey ladies!  So sorry that I don't have time for personal messages this week but please know that I've read all of your updates.  Work is crazy with fitting 5 days of work into 3. 

I'm on CD7, so just waiting to O.  We are ready for an earlier O if it happens again. I'm just hoping for a longer LP. 

QOTW: We are going to my aunt's for Thanksgiving.  We all bring a dish so she doesn't have to cook everything.  It works out really well. 

(((HUGS))) to all of you and I promise to be better next week! 
    TTC #3 since 8/2012 image
    DX Endometriosis 2/2002 (lost left tube due to a cyst), PCOS
    6/2010
     BFP - 10/18/2012, EDD - 6/26/2013, Baby Girl lost at 22 weeks (T21), D&E 2/15/2013
    BFP - 4/23/2014, EDD - 1/2/2015 Twin Boys lost at 12 weeks, M/C 6/25/2014

My chart here  All ALers welcome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    June 3Missing Our January Snowflake
  • @bookishmamma welcome back and thanks!
  • I have been waiting for an AMA check in so I can say Hi and introduce myself! I am 37 and just had my 2nd MC. 
    I just got my first period since the D&C which was my big news of the week. From what I remember when I used to chart, I have a really short cycle which may put O this coming weekend - not ideal since we will be with my parents and my in laws and my parent's cabin for the holiday.. I was thinking for months about how I would be PG and showing at Thanksgiving and we could take a cute PG Holiday photo so it's a little tough that I am not and I won't. You ladies know what I am talking about. On the upside, I can drink and go in the hot tub. :-/ 
    Anyway, I excited about this group and I am looking forward to getting to know you all better. 
    MC 10/14 @ 14 WKS 
    MC 1/12 @ 8 WKS
    DS BORN 9/15/09 
  • I was thinking for months about how I would be PG and showing at Thanksgiving and we could take a cute PG Holiday photo so it's a little tough that I am not and I won't. / 

Yep, I totally get this and was feeling the same way... Enjoy the hot tub!
    BFP #1 - DS born 7/11/11
    In search of a image

• Hi @scoutmaxwell‌ :-h welcome!

Sorry for your losses. I understand the holiday thing, I had a recent EDD of Nov 13th and another one Dec 2nd. Crappy time and all we can do is keep moving forward.

Enjoy the hot tub and ALL the alcohol!

• Hi everyone! Sorry I am late to the party. Sounds like there is quite the range of holiday plans for everyone. Happy Thanksgiving!

AFM: I had 10 days straight of work followed by 5 days of my parents being here. We went to Amelia Island and Vero Beach. I am worn out. I have tomorrow off, thank goodness!

QOTW: I am working on Thanksgiving, but I am off on Friday and Saturday. We are doing our Thanksgiving on Friday. I bought the turkey and groceries to make horseradish mashed potatoes, sausage and brioche stuffing and an apple sage brine for the turkey (very excited to see how that turns out). Our friends are bringing a couple sides and dessert.
    TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animals in the Snow

About Me: 

AMA 35 :  DH 33
    BFP#1 1/26/14 (EDD: 10/7/14).  MMC 3/10/14 D&C 3/14/14
    RE Consult 11/3/14 - AMH 2.25 "great" . FSH 7.10 . Low Vitamin D
    Myomectomy 12/17/14.  Benched until March.

My Ovulation Chart
  • medic7979 said:
    Good afternoon ladies!  

My work computer wasn't letting me sign in yesterday.  *Sigh*, I could only stalk at work and not comment. I'm doing ok, AF is coming, probably today or tomorrow....temp took a nose dive this am. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wanted to try to be thankful for something great this season. Feeling defeated and pissed, again.

We're going to my in-laws this year.  First time for us!  My dad is having surgery tomorrow (hernia repair) so my parents aren't really doing anything.  We usually go there though.  I'll be making the sweet potatoes.  I offered up my services since they make them with canned sweet potatoes and I'm not a fan of those.  Lots of wine and carbs are in my very near future. 

;;)

ETA spelling is hard

I am sorry about the temp drop :( . I always prefer the fresh version too. Wine and carbs sound good right now.

• rmpar29 said:
    Hey ladies!  So sorry that I don't have time for personal messages this week but please know that I've read all of your updates.  Work is crazy with fitting 5 days of work into 3. 

I'm on CD7, so just waiting to O.  We are ready for an earlier O if it happens again. I'm just hoping for a longer LP. 

QOTW: We are going to my aunt's for Thanksgiving.  We all bring a dish so she doesn't have to cook everything.  It works out really well. 

(((HUGS))) to all of you and I promise to be better next week! 
    Work sounds nuts for you. Have a happy thanksgiving. 

• I have been waiting for an AMA check in so I can say Hi and introduce myself! I am 37 and just had my 2nd MC. 
    I just got my first period since the D&C which was my big news of the week. From what I remember when I used to chart, I have a really short cycle which may put O this coming weekend - not ideal since we will be with my parents and my in laws and my parent's cabin for the holiday.. I was thinking for months about how I would be PG and showing at Thanksgiving and we could take a cute PG Holiday photo so it's a little tough that I am not and I won't. You ladies know what I am talking about. On the upside, I can drink and go in the hot tub. :-/ 
    Anyway, I excited about this group and I am looking forward to getting to know you all better. 
    Welcome. ((Hugs)) I like that you have an upside enjoy your drink in the hot tub.

• Hi everyone! Sorry I am late to the party. Sounds like there is quite the range of holiday plans for everyone. Happy Thanksgiving!

AFM: I had 10 days straight of work followed by 5 days of my parents being here. We went to Amelia Island and Vero Beach. I am worn out. I have tomorrow off, thank goodness!

QOTW: I am working on Thanksgiving, but I am off on Friday and Saturday. We are doing our Thanksgiving on Friday. I bought the turkey and groceries to make horseradish mashed potatoes, sausage and brioche stuffing and an apple sage brine for the turkey (very excited to see how that turns out). Our friends are bringing a couple sides and dessert.
    You have had a busy couple weeks. Your Thanksgiving meal sounds amazing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"