May 2014 Moms
Options

Let Us Give Thanks for All the Delicious Foods

What do you plan on doing with LO and food? Whether you make your own puree or buy or do BLW - what do you plan on letting LO have? 

We do BLW so I plan on cutting up some turkey breast into strips, green beans, and some mashed potatoes. I'm unsure of everything else at this point. Thankfully, my inlaws don't use a lot of salt in their cooking. I'm curious as to what other moms are doing. 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

TTC: 8/13; BFP: 9/11/13; EDD: 5/15/14
DD Born @ 40+4

image   image image image image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Let Us Give Thanks for All the Delicious Foods

• Options
    DS has not liked any solid foods so far but I am going to try mashed potatoes and maybe cranberry sauce.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @babybarlow2014 - how did he do with the mashed potatoes? 

M14 January Siggy Challenge: Resolution I have no intention of keeping...SHOPPING LESS!

DD Born @ 40+4

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @becole42 - I've been using this page as my resource. I plan on having MIL put some potato to the side and mash it with some paprika. 

DD Born @ 40+4

• Options
    I bought some jars of turkey and I will do some other veggies/fruit. Sweet potato, green beans, pumpkin purees
  • Options
    DD is six months on Dec.1, so we might let her try her first food (like a carrot) on Thanksgiving.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I plan on throwing some turkey and gravy into the Vitamix. She'll also get green beans, potatoes and cranberry sauce. And whatever else she's into I guess.
  • Options
    We mostly do purees so we'll give him sweet potatoes, carrots (we already have cubes of these frozen) and maybe some bits of turkey.
  • Options
    We're kinda doing a mix I guess. She's had puréed food twice and sometimes I give her some of whatever we are eating. We were at panera yesterday and gave her some of the bread to num on, a tomato and cucumber. Thinking I will give her a slice of turkey and some mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving. Still very nervous about blw, which is why we don't do it often at all.
  • Options
    becole42 said:

Anyone purée folks tried a meat? My LO did not like the chicken and I tasted it- it was just chicken ground up. I even tried it like 4 days in a row hoping he would come around. Nope.

Mix it with some fruit or a sweet veggie...pear is good for mixing, I bet sweet potato would work also.
    BFP # 1 - 12/19/09 EDD 08/27/10 - D&C 1/26/10 @ 9w5d

BFP # 2 - 06/05/10 EDD 02/17/11, DS1 born on 2/14/11

BFP # 3 - 04/10/13 EDD 12/21/13 - D&C 05/15/13 @ 8w4d

BFP # 4 - 07/27/13 EDD 04/08/14 - CP 07/29/13

BFP # 5 - 09/14/13 EDD 05/28/14, DS2 born on 5/22/14 

• Options
    @becole42‌ , my LO liked homemade chicken puree well enough on its own, but LOVED the chicken puree mixed with applesauce.
  • Options
    KatzaliaKatzalia member
    edited November 2014
    I'm planning to let LO have a couple of green beans and a strip of turkey breast to play with, as well as homemade butternut squash and yam purees. Edited to add: she's already had green beans, squash, and yam; turkey will be new, but she's had chicken before.

No point doing a fruit or something for "dessert" because she still is highly suspicious of all fruits unless diluted with something else (applesauce with chicken, banana with oatmeal).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"