February 2015 Moms
Options

Dr. Appointments/ c section Q..

I can't remember when the 2 week appointments start.. Does anyone here know?

Also if you have a scheduled c section do they still do the internal exams leading up to your due date?

Re: Dr. Appointments/ c section Q..

• Options
    I don't know about the c-section, but my midwife started scheduling us every two weeks after week 27.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My OB started scheduling me every 2 weeks after week 28.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sure it depends on your OB and your risk status.  I'm having twins and my doctor started scheduling me every 2 weeks at our Week 27 visit.
    MMC October 2010
    BFP #2 June 3, 2014
    Twins?  You mean two babies?  WOW!
    Team PURPLE!!
    We are excited to meet William Alexander and Harper Abigail in 2015!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    30 weeks for me then it starts every 2 weeks... Also with my last pregnancy they still checked me at every appointment internally even though I had a scheduled csection. Just to make sure I wasn't dilating and needing a sooner csection date.
  • Options
    @jessypop2356‌ Okay thanks that actually makes sense! Haha
  • Options
    triplej9triplej9 member
    edited November 2014
    Every 2 weeks started for me at 26 weeks and every week starts at 36 weeks.

ETA: Also, they still did internal exams for me last time even though I was having a c-section, because they wanted to be prepared if I started progressing naturally. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I'm going every two weeks now and it started at 27 weeks.
  • Options
    Every 2 weeks starting after 28 weeks, then every week starting at 36 weeks.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well...I've been every two weeks since 18 weeks with my MFM...gotta like high risk/twins pregnancy. :-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I do not start 2 week appointments until 36 weeks. 

I personally do not see the point of internal exams whether you're planning vaginal or cesarean. Totally pointless and an unnecessary way to bring in unwanted bacteria.  Unless they are recommended by your OB for whatever reason, you can decline them.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My doctor starts every other week appts at 28 weeks. They usually don't start cervical checks until around 39 weeks and even then they ask if you want them first and in the past I've usually declined. Since this one will be a planned csection I will definitely decline, if they even offer.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My OB starts the every other week appointments at 28 weeks, though I'll be 29 when I see her next. Other than the Strep B swab, I don't recall any internal exams with my first. She might have done one at my 39 week appointment, but my fluids were leaking so she wanted to see what was going on.
    F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I agree every OB is different. At 25 weeks I started going every 2 weeks. At 32 weeks I start going every week. With my last scheduled c section there was no internal exams besides my pap in the beginning of the pregnancy.
  • Options
    after 28 week visit  - moved to 2 weeks
  • Options
    I have a scheduled C section but still have to get on the every two weeks plan starting with the 30 week appt (28 weeks is my last monthly appt). Good question on the internals though... It would be great to be able to skip them, but something tells me there's no escaping it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I go tomorrow to the dr, I'm 27+2 days, my next appt will start in 2 weeks. I also am having a csection
  • Options
    I'll be starting them on the 29th week.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine will start at 28 weeks! Not sure when the 1 week appt will start. I know my Dr said we would discuss C-section before I start my 1 week appts! Depending on how big baby gets we will have to figure out if I try naturally or just do c-section!
  • Options
    You will go at 27, 30, 32, 34, 35 and then weekly. I had internals with my second, knowing that I was having my c-section, so I assume it will be he same this time. She started them at week 36. My office also does an ultrasound at 35 weeks to check the baby's position and the placenta. Not that the position makes much of a difference!
  • Options

msjennbc said:

I can't remember when the 2 week appointments start.. Does anyone here know?

Also if you have a scheduled c section do they still do the internal exams leading up to your due date?

Why not ask your OB?  :-/

I will but my next appointment is a week away and these questions just crossed my mind
  • Options
    I'm seeing a midwife and have pretty much been seen every 6 weeks. Next appointment is at 32 weeks. Not sure of frequency of appointments after that though. And I've only had one manual exam at my 10 week appointment. Goes to show how different each provider can be.
  • Options
    My current OB starts appointments every 2 weeks at 30w. 
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
     I just went for my last monthly visit at week 28.  From here on they'll be scheduled every two weeks.  I am a high risk pregnancy after a still birth last year.  I'm also getting what the doctor calls "aggressive" monitoring (NST's and ultrasounds about once a week) but we're totally ok about that.  This will be my 4th c-section but the first scheduled one, on February 1st.  I'm not sure about when pre-surgery preparation might start and what that entails, but I got to the OBGYN in a week and I'm going to ask.  I've only experienced labor once and never had vaginal child birth so I feel pretty relaxed about the procedure itself.  From experience I know that the recovery is the most difficult part.  The biggest thing I recall is to borrow my mom's big bolster pillow because sitting up in bed is so hard you're better off just not laying all the way down.  So far as difficulty sleeping practically sitting straight up.  I was on Percocet for pain and had no problem sleeping.
  • Options
    I start every 2 weeks after my 28 w then go weekly once I hit 36 weeks!
  • Options
    Here I did 2 weeks starting at 28 weeks then go till 36 weeks then it's every week. Yes they do internal exams with csections.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I had a checkup this morning and mine has me starting my 2 week appts as of the 10th ("holy crap it's already almost baby time" moment over here!) and said as long as I don't start progressing, or at least not progressing quickly, then she'll start weekly checks at the end of January since I'm due Feb 22nd.
    Dr. ACPruchnik, TVMD & SBE

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward To After Baby's Born

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    mine is every two weeks after 29 weeks. not sure about c section sorry.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I have an appointment on the first. Which will be 29 weeks and I will ask her then what goes on from there!! This pregnancy is flying by!
  • Options
    I'm considered high risk and have had weekly appointments as well as internal exams and ultrasounds since week 26. I'm scheduled to have a c section before or on Feb. 7th.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"