1st Trimester
Options

Third HCG Check - Issue or Routine?

A week ago I got 4 BFPs and went to the doc the day after for my first blood test. At this point, it was still 1 day before my period was due. My level was 118 at about 3w6d. I came in 2 days later and the result from that test was 351 at exactly 4 weeks. I thought that meant everything was going fine and I probably wouldn't need to come in again until I was in my 8th week or so. I got a random call from the same nurse this morning asking me to come in today for yet another blood draw. Why? I asked the nurse and she said the doctor didn't say anything was wrong but then again, it didn't sound as though she said nothing was wrong either. So the nurse wasn't much help at all. I don't know if this is routine since I'm so early on in the pregnancy or if they fear something may be wrong. I had a miscarriage almost 10 years ago as a teenager with the same doctor so maybe that's why she feels the need to monitor me so closely right off the bat? I don't expect anyone to know 100% or give me the correct answer. I'm just very nervous and would like opinions and perhaps similar experiences. Thanks ladies.

Re: Third HCG Check - Issue or Routine?

• Options

Congrats on the BFPs!

In my opinion, I would think maybe they're just trying to keep a close eye on you... I hope that's all it is.  I'd think that if something was wrong, they are required to let you know??  Hopefully it's nothing but a good doctor keeping a close eye. Let us know!

• Options
    Thank you! I'm about to leave for the appointment and I'll make sure to get some answers lol. Thank you again for helping to ease my mind.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'd ask what your progesterone is at, as well. That number is also very important! Good luck! 
    Also, your HCG numbers so far sound great. 
  • Options
    I was wondering about the progesterone as well. Mine was low and I was put on a daily supplement. That could be why they want you back. However the HCG is doing fantastic so take comfort in that! Praying for you!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Did you get an answer? I'm curious as I was asked to get another draw as well. I assumed because it was VERY early this time. My numbers were similar to yours. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Megano24Megano24 member
    edited November 2014
    When the nurse called me with the results of my first blood draw, she actually made a point to tell me my progesterone level was good so I don't think that is it. I'll know the results of my third draw tomorrow but I did ask the nurse again if this was just routine or if there was something possibly wrong. I said I thought it was weird to have so many appointments before I've even completed my fifth week while most women aren't even made to come in at all until week eight. She said everything is fine. I just kinda wish they would leave me be for a couple weeks then lol all this is doing is causing unnecessary and unwarranted stress. Sometimes ignorance is bliss and I'm an over analyzing thinker as it is lol. I didn't anticipate how nerve wracking at least the first trimester of pregnancy would be. Making a conscious effort to relax lol. I'll post my results when she calls tomorrow just to confirm all is well. Thanks for all the supportive and hopeful posts :-)
  • Options
    I'm so glad that things are looking positive for you!! Please let us know the confirmed results. Is this your first? It is mine and you are certainly not alone in the anxiety that comes with first tri! Thanks for keeping us in the loop And keep relaxing( easier said than done for sure!! )!!
  • Options

So I got my results yesterday and my hcg level went from 351 on Thursday to 2,400 on Monday. Whoa. So obviously things look good but that is quite a jump, eh?

11/18 - 118

11/20 - 351

11/25 - 2,400

And yes, this will be my first. Starting to get (somewhat cautiously) excited!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"