February 2015 Moms

Shower questions... centerpiece and seating

BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
edited November 2014 in February 2015 Moms
Hey ladies...I'm so behind on spam! High fives for those that have had exciting moments and hugs for those that need them. I really need to catch up...crazy drama husband weekend lol.

So my first silly question is where do you sit? With family members or with a table of friends? Silly I know. Don't laugh to hard! Just curious. No relatives will be there (live in Serbia) except my mom.

Second question..my mom wanted to know if she should do pink poinsettias as centerpiece so someone from table can take home or vase of flowers that pp can't take home because there a friend's vases. Can't do poll on my phone...sorry :(

My shower is in Dec. Is poinsettias dumb idea for a girl baby shower? Thanks!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
     image   imageimage

Re: Shower questions... centerpiece and seating

• I like the idea of pink poinsettias as a centerpiece flower, ties in with the shower and the holidays.

No idea on the seating question, we didnt do a sit down meal at my shower with DS
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited November 2014
    Guess I forgot to mention when eating. Not sure if my mom sat with her friends and I sat with my one group of friends I rarely see.

Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • the MTB is the guest of honor and should mingle.

let your mom decide on the centerpieces and other party details. poinsettias would be fine.

BFP #1: It's a GIRL! DD born October, 2012
    BFP #2: m/c at 7w, February, 2014
    BFP #3: It's a BOY! Please be our rainbow! Due February, 2015

*everyone always welcome*
    image    image   image
  • BeckyP005BeckyP005 member
    edited November 2014

the MTB is the guest of honor and should mingle.

let your mom decide on the centerpieces and other party details. poinsettias would be fine.

Chuckling on her picking out stuff. Shower board would have a field day with me for helping. Mom from another country and is clueless!! No one helping her except thank goodness my SIL did the invitations :) I told her where to get the cookie favors from. Not really a big deal lol.

Actually I think you do go on the SB!!! ;)

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• At my shower last weekend, I sat where I wanted to. They had special seats assigned for DH and I, but I hopped around so much that I just ended up sitting everywhere, until it was time for gift opening. 

I think the poinsettia would be lovely and goes with the season.  
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Waited a long time, tried a lot of stuff, science made me a mom.
     Loss and IF veteran. Current mom of DS 5.5, DD 2, and sometimes DH 40. Due June 2021 with TWINS
  • I sat with friends while we were eating lunch, but before and after I made sure to mingle and chat with everyone. 

I think poinsettias are just fine for a centerpiece. I wouldn't pick them just so people can take them home. If the host prefers the flowers, go for the flowers. Often, people don't want to take the centerpieces home, in my experience. If the host prefers the poinsettias, though, go for it. 
  • For my shower with DS, I was the first through the food line, so I sat down and just ended up at a table with whoever got to that table first.

I like the poinsettia centerpiece idea. 
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Charlie - 12/11/2011 * Surprise! #2 - EDD 2/17/2015

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks ladies!!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• The flower idea is super cute!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would say you should sit with whoever is hosting the shower! I understand you will be mingling the rest of the time, but for the sit down portion our table is organized with the three that threw me the shower and another four close relatives.
  • This shower post is too fancy for me. You are getting great suggestions from others.

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• This shower post is too fancy for me. You are getting great suggestions from others.

This.

Haha this shower isn't fancy at all! Now @chickenhawke‌ shower pictures she posted on shower thread that's fancy!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• I like the poinsettia idea. Super cute! My shower was the 15th and I literally didn't eat until it was almost over, LOL! So I just sat down at a table and didn't give it much thought. But at my bridal shower I tried to sit at every table for a few minutes and talk. Which in hindsight sounds a little crazy. But I wanted to be a good host:)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think the poinsettias are a great idea. Very seasonal and can be used again by whomever wins.

At my shower my "seat" was with my sisters in law, mom and grandma (they all cohosted.) The only time i really sat was when i opening gifts.
    -------------------------------
    Sarah, 35 bumping from NE Ohio
    Married my love 4/22/2006
    DD born 10/12/2009
    DS born sleeping 2/23/2013 full trisomy 18
    Baby 3 due 2/13/2015
    Pregnancy Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"