January 2015 Moms

How are you measuring?

2»

Re: How are you measuring?

• Spot on, but like PP have said, everyone measures differently and it's not that reliable.  Last US I had was around 17 weeks and they changed my EDD from 12/28 to 12/26, which I thought was silly as it was TWO DAYS!  So, I'm still going by the original EDD…  Everyone is a different size and will have a different size baby so why would we all measure the same?
  • I was worried at how small my bump was at first, despite gaining 30 lbs at this point( mostly in my boobs & butt). But the doctor said I'm fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been right on track the whole time with my measurements. I'm thinking some people measure behind or ahead because their due date isn't 100% accurate. It's difficult to know exactly when you conceived. Also even if everyone has a correct due date, all women's bodies are different. It's crazy to expect everyone would measure about the same throughout the entire pregnancy or that babies wouldn't have any variation either. Some babies are just gonna be taller or bigger.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I haven't had an u/s since 20 weeks but Emma has measured dead on every time... at 33 weeks I was 33cm FH, all my u/s have been within a few days. 
  • I have no idea how I'm measuring. I'm not worried. I've had friends be totally freaked out because they were told the baby is over 8 pounds at 37 weeks, blah blah blah. That baby was born at 7 pounds 10 days late. I just don't trust the measurements. And if the baby is big, I don't want to know because I'll stress out about it too much. I trust the doctor to let me know if I need to be concerned about anything.
  • My FM has always been right on track in cm where I am in weeks along.  Last week, I was a week behind.  Dr. said not to worry unless I was 2cm behind.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble but with my last pregnancy my baby was 4 weeks behind and after an ultrasound determined she had iugr (in uterine growth restriction) I was induced. Not all the time is it bad but if your that far "behind" it's better to be safe than sorry.
  • AU88 said:
    I don't mean to burst anyone's bubble but with my last pregnancy my baby was 4 weeks behind and after an ultrasound determined she had iugr (in uterine growth restriction) I was induced. Not all the time is it bad but if your that far "behind" it's better to be safe than sorry.
    Thanks for sharing! She said if I was 5cm behind that she would want to do an US immediately, but since I was 3 we could wait until my next appt on the 8th. I was a 9lb baby and DH was 8.12 or somewhere around there, so it's hard for me to imagine us having a small baby. 
  • I was 5' 0" and 93 lbs when I got pregnant so my doctor doesn't measure me because now, i'm measuring what I should have been Before! But she still measures baby and I love that she always says baby's measuring right on even if it's two weeks behind or two weeks ahead. She says there is nothing to worry about if it's between there
    Married 06/08/2012

TTC since 2/1/2013
    BFP 2/13/2014
    MMC caught 3/10/2014
    MC naturally 3/17/2014

BFP #2 5/13/2014
    EDD 1/15/15
  • I am measuring 4 weeks ahead, however scan was normal 50% for baby - HOWEVER, the scan showed I have very high (but within normal range) fluid levels which are making me measure bigger.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am 31 weeks and have been consistently been measuring 2 weeks ahead. I just assume a bigger baby. The good thing is that I am still 5 lbs less than my pre pregnancy weight. I lost 18 lbs in the first 5 months and have put 13 back on. My OB says I'm doing great.
  • I've been measuring a week behind. Baby girl has progressed from 10th percentile to 12th in the past 3wks so we might just be having a small baby.
  • Baby measures a few days behind and in the 30th percentile from the ultrasounds at the high risk OB. My doctor never says FH and just started measuring at 30 weeks. I saw another doctor in the practice she said I was a few days behind.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My FH hasn't changed in three weeks. So I was booked in for a ultrasound to check bubs growth and she was in the normal weight range. Good luck.
  • Just an update - my fundal measurement was 2 weeks ahead and my growth scan matched those measurements yesterday. Baby is (estimated) 5 lbs 14 oz right now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am 32 weeks and measuring 34.5 weeks. I lost 18 lbs in the first 5 months because I was so sick. I have put 13 lbs. back on. Doctor says I'm doing great, and more importantly the baby is doing great as well. I hope I just don't explode the last 8 weeks....lol
  • At my last appointment (30 weeks) my OB said that I was measuring bigger than I was supposed to.  Of course he didn’t tell me my measurements but wants me to get another ultrasound just to get the real measurements of the baby.  I go tomorrow, I can’t wait.  He kind of freaked me out.  He didn’t really explain if it was a good/bad thing.  He said the baby could either be small and I could have a lot of fluid, or the baby could be big with not a lot of fluid.  He said the bigger the baby, the bigger chance there is that I could have a C section or that the baby could get stuck.  I really don’t want a C section, so that part is freaking me out. I also have been gaining a lot of weight.  You can’t tell in the rest of my body, all the weight is in the bump but I have already gained 34 lbs at 30 weeks.  I hope I don’t gain too much weight because the doctor said at 50 lbs that is a huge caution flag.  I just feel he could have done some better explaining for a 1st time mom!

• I had a dr appt yesterday morning and asked him about baby measurements. He said my belly is measuring right on track. H and I asked about baby size and he just estimated. Not a lot of information, but I figure no news is good news.

Pregnancy Ticker

January '15 January Siggy Challenge: Newborn/Baby Fails

• As of this week I'm measuring +4 new stretch marks :((
  • Measured way ahead with my first two. DD4 was a csec a week early and she was 11.1 pounds. My second was a RCS at 39 weeks he was 9.8 pounds. Baby number three is measuring exactly on time. We'll see what we get!
  • Had my ultrasound yesterday and got nothing but great news! Whew! She is actually measuring a week ahead of our due date and in the 55th percentile. Apparently she's positioned really well for birthing and because of that I am measuring smaller... her head is so low and the rest of her body is just all squished up. This pretty much explains what's causing all of my pain. Awesome. ;) 
  • I've never been measured!
    Same. Last appointment, I asked my Dr how big the baby was, and he just guessed. Thanks, very helpful.

Pregnancy Ticker

January '15 January Siggy Challenge: Newborn/Baby Fails

• At my 34 week apt my fundal height was measuring 39... I'm very curious what I'll be measuring by the time I have these babies :-/
    *loss and BFP mentioned*
    Me: Endo & No Tubes 
    DH: perfect!
    IVF#1 (Sept 2013) Long Lupron Protocol
               17 retrieved, 15 fert, 1 perfect blast trans, 10 frozen
                BFP--Ended-- Blighted Ovum
    FET#2 Tentative Sched: Start meds CD1=Feb 1, ET= Feb 19-20
              One Grade 4AA Blast transferred, 5dpt- BFP HPT, 6dpt- line darker
              Beta #1- 50, Beta #2- 30
              BFN- Chemical preg
    FET#3 CD1-4/11, start Injections on CD13, ET scheduled- 4/29
             CD12 u/s & bw- Lining 8.7, estrogen 335, cleared for ET in one week!
             CD19 ET- Two Grade 4AA Blast transferred one with assisted hatching
             4dpt- POAS = BFP!....POAS everyday after = DARKER! FX!
             Beta #1- 703!  Beta #2- 4,004! 
             First U/S, 5wk0d- TWO gest sacs, Both with yolk sacs and a fetal pole both measuring 3d ahead!
    ((Thank you LORD, praying these LO grow, grow, grow!)) 
    **Due date Jan 14th- Boy/Girl twins**

imageimage

• Had been measuring right on track up until today at my 36 week appointment. I am measuring a week behind now. Midwife isn't worried at all.
  • I'll be 33 weeks on Thursday and my OB told be I was measuring at 30. No ultrasound booked though...we'll see what he says next Wednesday at my next appointment.
  • I have been measuring a week ahead and at 32 weeks I measured 2 weeks ahead (I only know because my OB writes it in a card I take to every appointment, he doesn't mention it). He did order a growth scan and this week baby measured at 36 weeks (I'm 33 weeks) and they estimated him at 6lbs! Will be interesting to see how big he ends up being because I know how off those estimates can be. OB wasn't concerned at all.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ultrasound I'm measuring right on track, if not a little big.FH small, I think it was 32 at my last appointment when I am 36. My doctor just made a comment that I carry very compact, but he can feel a big baby in my belly. Oh great ;)
  • I'm measuring 40 weeks even though I'm only 32 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"