3rd Trimester
Options

Active baby, active child?

Do you think there's any correlation between having a very active baby in the womb and that child's energy after he or she is born? My baby is constantly squirming, somersaulting, and flipping around in there. It's even made my midwife laugh when she's tried to find a heartbeat. Do you think this is an indication of what he'll be like outside of the womb? I'd love to hear moms with kids weigh in on this.

Re: Active baby, active child?

• Options
    YogaSandyYogaSandy member
    edited November 2014
    I have no idea. My placenta was infront , so for the longest time I didn't feel DS move. Even when I did, it wasn't much. My mom actually thought I was lying about not feeling him (I asked her why on earth I would make that up), until I told her what my doctor said re: placenta. I didn't feel him until about 5.5 months. Even then, it was not the actual movement, only pressure when he changed positions, for at least another 1.5 months. Then the last two months, I felt kicks and punches, but not tonnes.

My DS just turned one. He was walking at 10.5 months (I swear running the next day). All he haa ever wanted to do is move. He is very very active.

I also realize he could have been moving a lot inside and I just didn't feel it.
  • Options
    I don't think so. Both kids were relaxed, rollers in the womb. They are energizer bunnies now.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think it was for my DD.  She was very active in the womb (although I had a anterior placental so I couldn't feel all of it) and she is a little energizer bunny now.  Although my daughter was up a lot at night when she was inside and she is a great night sleeper....she started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think so.

DS was super active in the womb, and a super laid back infant. Now he's a really active toddler.
  • Options
    True for DS - he's 2 years old now and very active. This one has been a bit less active, so we'll see.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    How much movement you feel is mostly due to your size, how much room the baby has in there, and the location of the placenta. If you eat a lot of sugar that can affect it to. When I drank that glucose drink for the GD test it felt like I had a bag of feisty kittens in my stomach for an hour. The same level of activity with an anterior placenta and you may feel next to nothing. 

I am thin and have a long abdomen. Placenta is fundal. Our baby has tons of room to move and play in there and, being a first time mom, I am always focused on feeling the movements because it is so new to me. I felt real kicks around 12-14 weeks, and DH felt them on the outside at 19 weeks. At 29 weeks, you can see little arms and legs pushing outwards from my belly and I know that will get a lot more intense. I don't think it means we have a hyperactive child, just that my build and how the baby/placenta are positioned makes it where I can feel every little squirm. Around 24 weeks I was freaked out but now I think I've just gotten used to it. I don't think it's any prediction of rather our kid will be wild or not. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I don't think so, I had one  crazy active baby in the womb and one that was much calmer. They are both wild, crazy boys now. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Proud Mom to the ZooCrew - Jack 3 years old and Joey 21 months. 
    Excited and delighted to welcome the 3rd member of the ZooCrew in 2015! We can't wait to meet you Matthew Henry!
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. There's probably not a correlation, but I liked hearing your anecdotes. We'll see what we get!
  • Options
    All 3 of my kids were VERY active in the womb.  #1 and #2 are very active kids and were as babies too.  I'm assuming this one will also be active and not enjoy sleeping!

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I hope not! At my Ultrasound today they said I am going to have to buy running shoes for him as soon as he is born haha
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Samuel Jacob 
    Due 2/16/17

• Options
    My experience isn't person, but a friend of mine has a 6 month old girl and she told me her daughter was very active in the womb (as mine is) and she's a pretty calm baby.  I'm hoping the same goes for my DD, fingers are crossed for you too :-)
  • Options
    I don't think it has any correlation. I can't remember all the movements with my daughter, or son, maybe similar, but my daughter was a crazy active not-good-sleeper newborn, and my son was way more laid back and a much better sleeper.
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"