Georgia Babies

RBA and IUI

Hello

I was curious those of you who are at RBA have done IUI. I have been seeing Dr. Toledo since our second m/c last year. We completed 3 failed medicated cycles and are ready to begin IUI. I was wondering those of you who went to RBA what the cost of the procedure was? Thanks for your advice!

33 years old, Married Oct '11,

Summer '14: Diagosed with hypothryoidism, pollup, LPD, Low AMH, strong FSH.

BFP: 1/22/15. EDD: 9/23/14. Rainbow baby!

Re: RBA and IUI

• I haven't been to RBA, but can confirm that my IUI cost was $548 at GRS.
  • @Nsanderson0313 what clinic is GRS?

I confirmed that the IUI including sperm washing is $555 and ultrasounds are about $45 so not terrible. We are hopefully going to do IUI on Tuesday

• Loading the player...
  • @GeorgiaDottie‌ it's Georgia Reproductive Services in Sandy Springs. I see Dr. McCarthy Keith and our first time was a charm. I'm 5w5d - good luck to you on your IUI!
  • Congratulations! Wonderful news!

• I love RBA but Toledo told us that IUI wasn't a good choice and we went straight to IVF...that was about $22,000
  • $22K for IVF?! Wow that seems so high to the other prices I've heard at RBA! Do you know why it was so so high?!

It looks from your signature that your IVF has been successful! How exciting!

• Yeah, we were not recommended to do a fresh IVF cycle so cryopreservation was involved in order to get the IVF meds out of my system and to do endo scratch procedures before transfers and because we retrieved so few eggs (I have low AMH w/ Endometriosis & one ovary produced nothing), we also did ICSI to try and ensure they all fertilized which they did. That included the thousands of dollars in meds as well.There are cheaper places such as GRS but RBA had better success rates...and when you are spending so much to begin with...I guess what's a little more to get a better doctor/clinic w/ better success ratings?

They have a package deal through a 3rd party company (https://www.arcfertility.com) that we did & because the out of pocket at RBA for one IVF cycle was the same price as the out of pocket for the package deal w/ the third party, we did the package b/c it included two IVF cycles (& 4 frozen transfers) and if you canceled one, you got a good portion of your money back.

They should go over the costs of IUI w/ you. I know you can call Kelly up and she'll email you the cost sheet. We skipped IUI b/c the problem was not my husband & IUIs have such low success rates to begin with.

If you guys end up doing IVF and are willing to travel, NCCRM in NC had decent pricing as well but don't know much about them. It looks like you can get pregnant but have recurrent mc which I'm not familiar w/ the treatment processes for that.
  • Thanks for the information. I am sorry I am so late to respond!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"