TTC After a Loss

AW: My Feathered Sweety

Had a rough night last night and crappy morning, but got a smile from my blue front amazon Savannah. 
I got home from an appointment, and plopped down on the couch. 
DH had already let the birds out of the cages, so I looked over at Savannah and said our usual good mornings. She looked back at me and said in this happy girly baby voice "Hey Mama! Hi!" and flew to me. 
Now she's happily sitting on my shoulder and cuddling. 
I love my "fids" 

Oh, bonus, here's a video of her talking from yesterday. Excuse DH's video game sounds in the background. 
BFP #1 12/19/13 We lost our Fenix 7/31/14 at 36 weeks due to torn umbilical cord
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
My Chart TTA until Feb 2015
~*ALL AL WELCOME*~

Re: AW: My Feathered Sweety

• Aweeeeeee  :x
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Sweet :)
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • Loading the player...
  • She's so sweet!
    Me: 26 DH:28
    TTC - Sept 2014
    # 1 BFP - October 5, 2014 EDD June 5, 2015 CP - October 14, 2014

TTCAL January Siggy Challenge: Animal Interactions in the Snow
  • This is too cute!!!

How long did it take for her to talk?
    Yelena + Rubere Married: 05/13/2011
    TTC since 2012
    BFP#1EDD: 06/21/2014  ~  TFMR --Holoprosencephaly 
    Said goodbye on 2/10/2014 at 21 weeks. We miss our baby girl "J"
    My Chart image
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    imageimage
    imageimageimage      
  • @kittymeowbark we got her when she was 8 years old and was already talking. Her previous owners had some health problems and when a bird is known for living 80+ years, they decided to give her to me. Savannah is 11 years old now. I think usually they start learning when they're pretty young - sometimes less than a year old. 
    BFP #1 12/19/13 We lost our Fenix 7/31/14 at 36 weeks due to torn umbilical cord
    ~*ALL AL WELCOME*~
  • Holy cow...80 years!!! :-O

That is amazing how she just has her own conversation. My friend had an African Gray that would mimic the house phone. He tricked me every single time...lol
    Yelena + Rubere Married: 05/13/2011
    TTC since 2012
    BFP#1EDD: 06/21/2014  ~  TFMR --Holoprosencephaly 
    Said goodbye on 2/10/2014 at 21 weeks. We miss our baby girl "J"
    My Chart image
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    imageimage
    imageimageimage      
  • I had no idea they lived that long!

I can't even imagine what a bird would end up saying if it was in my house for an extended period of time lol
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• SeaParrotSeaParrot member
    edited November 2014
    I LOVE amazons. Have never met one that wasn't a character. Nice that there's another parront on here! My 'tiel is my little old man now, at almost 18, and my quaker is my fluffy green bossypants. She's 13. We have a couple zebra finches and they live with our rescued canary hens. The poor girls were kept in little shoebox sized cages for three years. They are as sweet as can be - a wonder, given how poorly treated they were for so long. Amazing how much birdie snuggles can brighten up your day, eh? I love coming home to them!
    ~ K.

PCOS, EDS III, low progesterone. Six early losses (5-8 weeks,) 1 twin loss. Surprise natural BFP 2014-12-17
    Ectopic dx and MTX 2015-01-02.
  • @SeaParrot Yay another parront! That's awesome! Amazing the circumstances we find some of our rescue fidlets eh? I also have an Eclectus and they were feeding him the steady diet of walmart seed, white bread, and a kiwi here and here. *Facepalm* Savannah had her share of junk food too, and don't let her catch a glimpse of peanut M&Ms. They used to be her "night night treat" and she will stop at nothing to get to them. 'Zons tend to be junk food-aholics though. 
    ~*ALL AL WELCOME*~
  • Aww!!! How cool. I must have missed this the other day :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"