July 2015 Moms
Options

Lunches?

Hey Ladies, I am having issues with Lunches for work, I miss my turkey sandwich. :( I have being doing a lot of salads and soups which have been nice, but its just not the same. Just seeing what anyone else doing as an alternatives. Thanks! :) 

Re: Lunches?

• Options

Hey Ladies, I am having issues with Lunches for work, I miss my turkey sandwich. :( I have being doing a lot of salads and soups which have been nice, but its just not the same. Just seeing what anyone else doing as an alternatives. Thanks! :) 

I am packing whatever I feel like eating, including cold cut sandwiches. They are perfectly safe
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Eat the turkey. Zap it for a few seconds if it'll make you feel better.
  • Options
    I always do leftovers of what I've done for prior dinners. Although, I caught a stomach bug as of Friday (I think -- I also ran a fever, so I know it's not just MS), so I just brought a PB sandwich and some soup. 80% of my meals have been PB sandwiches since Friday AM. 

They're doing a Thanksgiving potluck today at work. Yeah, that's not going over very well with this one today.
    TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have found that larger meals don't help at all with my m/s, so I've been eating two snacky items for lunch. Ex: a yogurt and some pretzels, string cheese and half a sandwich. 
     TTC #1 since January 2014
    BFP #1 03/16/14 EDD 11/28/14 :: MMC Monochorionic Twins 05/09/14 @ 11 weeks
    BFP #2 09/15/14 EDD 05/29/14 :: CP 09/22/14
    BFP #3 10/24/14 :: EDD 06/29/15 *Praying for my RAINBOW!!*

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yup. Eat the turkey. Heat it in the microwave for a few seconds.

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    I think I am going to get a cold cut sandwich for lunch....and eat it cold
  • Options
    There's a bag of pre-mixed kale salad at Costco for about $5 - it even includes toppings and dressing. I make a bunch of grilled chicken, cube it, and freeze it. Every morning I pull out some salad, toss some chicken cubes on top, and bam. Done. Also buy the prepackaged individual hummus containers at Costco because they are the same price (per ounce) as that huge tub they sell. The little containers are recyclable so I don't feel bad. Carrot sticks, pretzels, apple, smart food popcorn, etc. get thrown in my purse too.
  • Options
    Most days I bring leftovers from last night's dinner. Once in awhile I'll make a big batch of something (chili, enchiladas, whatever) and freeze it individual portions. That way on days where I don't have a lunch, I have something easy to grab. 
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Thanks everyone! I just know that was something everyone keeps telling me to stay away from. :) 

• Options
    Turkey sandwiches. With sharp cheddar and avocado instead of mayo. YUMMMMMMMMM.

Also, leftovers.

Today I brought chili because it sounds good. Lots of fruits and veggies to snack on throughout the day to keep from getting sick. I have carrots with hummus, apple slices, and a bag of grapes.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

You can eat cold cuts. Eat the turkey sandwich.

***Signature/Ticker Warning***

March 2008 - DD born - no issues conceiving (surprise). Limited issues during pregnancy/delivery.
    June 2011 - Married DH.
    June 2013 - Diagnosis of Endometriosis and PCOS (approximate).
    December 2013 - First cycle of Clomid - Positive OPK. BFN
    January 2014 - 2nd Cycle of Clomid - Positive OPK. BFN
    February 2014 - 3rd Cycle of Clomid - Positive OPK. BFN
    March 2014 - Took month off to prep for surgery
    April 2014 - Laporoscopy for endo. Unable to remove endo due to too close of proximity to ureter. HSG done as well. Fillopian tubes open.
    May 2014 - 1st round of Femara. Positive OPK. BFN.
    June 2014 - 2nd round of Femara. Moved to RE to have CD10 Follicular U/S. No Follies in left ovary. 5 follies in right. Largest follie 8mm, 1 7mm, 2 3mm, 1 2mm. Positive OPK on day of U/S. BFN. DH has SA done at this time - All results within normal limits.
    July 2014 - 3rd round of Femara. CD10 Follicular U/S. No follies in left ovary. 7 follies in right. 1 20mm, 1 12mm, 1 10mm, 4 <5mm. Scheduled for IUI. Canceled due to low estrogen level of 145. TI this month. Prepping for Injectables next month. BFN.
    August 2014 - CD3 BW Normal. Injectables not happening because of stupid miscommunication about "required injectables class." Taking class this month. No medication. TI for the month. SIS scheduled for 8/7/14. SIS results - "I have a beautiful uterus." Huzzah!
    September 2014 - Cycle cancelled due to stupid AF coming early and making my IUI run in to DH's business trip. Try again next month.
    October 2014 - Injects with IUI cycle. 75U 5 days. Estrogen at 36. Bumped up to 125 for 4 days. Estrogen 105. Bumped up to 225. Ganirelix for 2 days. 4 mature follies. Triggered 10/9. IUI 10/10.
    BFP 10/24/2014. Beta #1 - 178   Beta #2 - 398.   U/S 11/7/14- TWINS!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I love the Smart Ones Three Cheese Ziti. I also like spinach salad with bacon bits.

July 2015 Siggy Challenge

Snow Fails

• Options
    I really want subway but the closest one is 2hrs away :(

My lunch is usually whatever I can find in the house that looks decent. Today is leftover pulled pork, I'm considering eating it not at 10am because I'm starving.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Indulge on the bird :-)
           BabyFruit Ticker      
                Our Rainbow Baby 
                                                                 Image and video hosting by TinyPic                                                    
          Me- 28, DH- 32 ----> together six years, married June 2012
    TTC ---> since the wedding night
    Initial diagnosis of PCOS, currently labeled as unexplained infertility
    Clomid and trigger shot regimen
    BFP 12/20/13, EDD 8/25/2014, baby got his wings at 11 weeks and 3 days.
    IVF - 2 day6 frozen embryos transferred 11/5/14, 9 frozen babies
    BFP 11/9/14, EDD 7/24/2015

• Options
    JFC eat the damn turkey.

I eat deli meat pretty much everyday, but I'll occasionally bring leftovers if I don't want them to go bad or pick up a salad if I get tired of turkey.
    Me - 26 
    DH - 27

TTC #1 since July 2014
    BFP! Oct 18, EDD July 2, 2015

It's a GIRL!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I eat deli meat every day. I microwave it for a few seconds to make myself feel better about it. The nurse at my ob's office said that it is perfectly fine.
    Love 2010 / Marriage 2013 / Baby carriage EDD July 4th 2015
    BabyFetus Ticker
    imageimage

• Options
    I'm eating ham and mayo with bbq potato chips. 

Me: 24; DH: 28 - Married 09.20.2012
    Blended Family since 2012. <3
    Surprise of a Lifetime - Baby Butler EDD 07.07.2015
    SD is 4. Super excited and wants a Baby Sister!
    Daddy is excited but hoping and wishing for a Baby Boy! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am going to recap my thoughts on food while pregnant. 

Is it shady as fuck? No? Then eat it. 

(seriously though)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Marian Abigail :: born 9-16-2012 via emergency C/S
    BFP on 11-14-2014, aiming for a VBAC

• Options
    I had lunch meat all through my last pregnancy, and I will do it again this time. :)

image  image image

• Options
    hi, ive been making soups with lentils and veggies for work lunches. right now i am eating leftover chicken and vegetables from last night. totally not what i am used to eating during the day.
  • Options

I've heard the same thing about cold cuts, but I ate them throughout my last pregnancy. :)

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"