8. @singingmua: Feb 2 singleton
9. @aandstilltrying: Feb 14 twin boys
10. @mrs&mrsK: Feb 17 boy
11. @Amber&Reva: March 2 girl
12. @wishiwaspreggo: March 7 singleton
13. @JennaandBetsy: April 22 boy
14. @calsurb: June 4 singleton
15. @megd893: June 22nd singleton

How is everyone feeling? How is pregnancy treating you and your partner this week? Any updates to share? Any upcoming appointments? 

QOTW:  Last week the discussion that from TTC through long after birth we never quit worrying it is just a different set of worries came up.  What is your/your SO biggest worry at your current stage of pregnancy?  What is your biggest worry for your little ones future?

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

Re: Pregnancy Check-In (11/24)

• Options

Hi! Hope everyone is well :)

Not much to say this end, except we finally have a first draft of our birth plan written up *does victory dance*  \:D/ and we've managed to book a studio session for our maternity photos (we had to wait until I was practically due before bump was big enough to make it worthwhile)

Symptoms are pretty minimal this week.  I'm sleeping quite a lot, staying in bed 'til after 8 and turning in by 9 most nights (And waking up at 11. And then again at 2. And then at 4....) Heartburn is down but I am still dealing with polymorphic eruptions :((

Our biggest worry at the moment is flight delays over Christmas.  A will be visiting her sister for Christmas but her flight home from Ireland is due in quite late on the eve of Santana's due date.  With any luck, baby will sleep in late since she's a first.

• Options

I'm hungry, achy, and tired.  That's the story of my life now.  I fell asleep no less than 3 times on both Saturday and Sunday during the day.  I don't know if I need to get my iron levels checked or what, but this whole "2nd tri energy boost" just isn't happening for me.  I can't even read anymore.  If I try to read a book I'll only get through 3 or 4 pages until I start dropping the book on my face because I'm falling asleep.  I like to read 20-30 pages before bed so I can keep the story going.  Oh, well, I'm sure there will be plenty of reading time with a baby in need of constant feeding so I'll save all my good books for that.

GTKY: My and my partner's biggest fear is that our baby's heart will stop beating.  Irrational since I'm far enough along that this is not at all likely, but I'm sure this will be our deepest fear from now until we're dead.  Whether our son is in utero or 35 years old living on his own we'll always want to know he's alive and well.  I always wondered why my parents worry about me so much even though I'm a grown woman but I'm starting to get it now.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi all!! It's my first check in on the pregnancy board... I am 4 weeks 5 days. Impatiently awaiting 6 week sono! More blood work Wednesday to recheck levels. According to The Bump and based on my transfer date I am due 7/29. My love and I did reciprical IVF.

I feel good. A little emotional and icky at times but good.

We are trying to stay positive and not worry as much as we did during the TWW. Just looking forward to each appointment.
    Me~35 Wife~32
    Together 6 years
    Married 2014
    TTC~ Reciprocal IVF
    11/5-ER
    11/10-ET (1 blast) = BFP
    Beta @ 8dp= 185, Beta @ 10dp=752, Beta @ 16dp= 8,127
    7/22/15 - It's a boy! 

• Options

AHHHHH!  We are at the top of the list.  Crazy!

I am still feeling okay.... nothing earth shattering.  I am pretty tired all the time, and if I stand for too long my hands and feet swell up to the size of a turkey!  Getting in and out of bed kind of feels like a clown act,  but A tries her hardest to not laugh at me...  she is successful most of the time!  My weirdest issue now is I have some sinus congestion and it makes me snore like a banshee.  Sunday morning I woke myself up several time because I was snoring so loudly....  and sometimes I start snoring while I am still awake (I didn't even know that was possible!)

All in all things are great.  We are feeling pretty prepared!  We are confident in our birth plan and just want our little squints to be here...

I also started pumping colostrum this past week.  Because I don't plan on breast feeding at all (A is taking the full responsibility for that) our lactation consultant strongly suggested expressing colostrum to give to baby Squints when she is still tiny tiny... because of all the amazing properties in it.  It feels a little strange, but ultimately I know it is what is best for bop bop!

QOTD:  I think our current biggest worry is that the next two weeks are going to creep by, or that I will be super late....  I don't know... I feel really kind of chill about it though.  I feel like sometimes I worry more about how our parents than I do about us.  A's parents have been amazing and supportive and VERY involved (sometimes a bit too involved.) and my parents, while they are very excited, are just not mushy people.  I am afraid there will be tension between the grandparents about getting to see the baby....  And I know this is a really selfish worry to have, because no one can have too much love!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• Options
    CageyMackCageyMack member
    edited November 2014
    31w, 5 d here.  DW is really getting a cute tummy, big and round. My found a new "favorite spot" on her: the corner between her round-y, sticy-outy tummy and the top of her thigh.  Does that make sense?  Sort of where her hip-bone would be.  It is just such an amazing transformation.  I'm so proud of her!

Her being super pregnant makes me miss being pregnant.  I don't want to have another baby, really, but I do love being pregnant.  

Maybe just one more? ;)

CageyMack
    37, married to my favorite person in the world, DW! One darling surfer-girl (12) and one darling, sweet boy born 3/16/13.

5/2013 Started TTC #3, DW's turn: 5/2013: Diagnostics (shg) and surgery (polyp rem.) for best chances. July-Oct: IUI # 1-4, medicated, monitored, triggered.  All BFN. IVF in Jan May. Sheesh. Whoop! IVF#1 cycle started 4/2/14. 5/1: 19 eggs retrieved, 8 matured, ICSI'd.  4 fertilized.   Only 2 to transfer/freeze stage. 5/6: Two embryos transferred. 5/15: Beta #1 9dp5dt is 134! BFP! 5/19: Beta #2 13dp5dt is 672! B'erFP! 5/21: Beta #3 15dp5dt is 1853.  Yay!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Things separate from their stories have no meaning. They are only shapes. Of a certain size and color. A certain weight. When their meaning has become lost to us they no longer have even a name. The story on the other hand can never be lost from its place in the world for it is that place.” ― Cormac McCarthy, The Crossing

• Options

@wishiwaspreggo I agree I never experience this so called "2nd tri energy" and I start the third tri next week so at this point I would be surprised if I get energy out of no where. 

I get my weekly shot in the a** on Wednesday.  I had been doing so well with them but last weeks bruised so I have had a sore butt all week.  Next week I get my follow-up cervical scan and then the week after that I get my 28w appointment at which point my practice starts bi-weekly appointments.  My bump continues to grow I feel huge yet I know I have a lot more growing to do.  Heart burn hasn't been as bad this week as past weeks but I picked up zantac for the next time I get it bad. 

QOTW:  My biggest worry is that my water will break again and that LO won't make it.  I worry everyday of going into preterm labor.  Although I know little one could make it in the real world I would still rather her not make an appearance for another couple of months. 

Me: 30  DP: 30

TTC#1

IUI#1 9/26/13 BFN

IUI#2 10/26/13 BFP beta #1 99 #2 456

2/20/2014 Brynlee Madeline is taken too soon at 19weeks she was perfect

IUI#3 6/10/14 BFP beta #1 276 beta #2 722 20w A/S shows we are having a girl

• Options
    Hi, I'm New to this board! We are 13w 3d. And it's twins! I think being sick is starting to get to me and am really looking forward to that 2nd tri reprieve I've heard so much about. I worry about so much! We've had a couple miscarriages and its been a long journey. I was looking forward to the day I wouldn't worry anymore but then realized a couple of weeks ago the worries will just get different! Thankfully my gf is less of a worrier. :) Anyone else on here from LA?
  • Options

We're 19 weeks in and I'm feeling good. I realized this weekend while at a wedding that 1) my regular clothes fit like shit and 2) weddings are way more fun if you can drink!

Not much to report this week, but next week is our second level scan (AS) and we are looking forward to that. I also have my GD test and am hoping for good results.

As I have mentioned before, prior to being pregnant, I worried very little. Now, I can find many, many things to worry about. Over the past few weeks I have gotten much better at managing/balancing that worry while still enjoying this journey and finding excitement in where we are headed. My most sincere desire and my biggest worry is that we will successfully raise a strong, loving, independent, compassionate, creative son that will be appreciative for the life he has and will take personal responsibility in all he does.

• Options
    I just got positive blood work yesterday, will be 5 weeks on Thanksgiving.  This will be our second, dd born Oct 2013.  Due date they gave me was July 27, 2015.
  • Options
    @H20townMommas Welcome. It looks like we are pretty darn close... I am 5 week today! 

Congrats!!

Me~35 Wife~32
    Together 6 years
    Married 2014
    TTC~ Reciprocal IVF
    11/5-ER
    11/10-ET (1 blast) = BFP
    Beta @ 8dp= 185, Beta @ 10dp=752, Beta @ 16dp= 8,127
    7/22/15 - It's a boy! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards