Preemies
Options

FTM intro

I am transitioning to this board from February 2015 board. We had our little man at 29wks 3days. I was diagnosed with severe preeclampsia. We tried to wait and get him more time by having me on hospital bedrest, but my blood pressure wouldn't cooperate. We did an emergency C-Section November 20. He was 3lbs 1 oz and 16.5inches long. He is in the NICU currently.
It's all been a very overwhelming and terrifying week. This wasn't "the plan" and I'm not sure how to even wrap my head around it. I am being discharge from the hospital tomorrow.... I'm sure that will be hard. Any advice on how to handle all this or anything really would be nice.

Re: FTM intro

• Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your son, though it did not happen as planned. I completely understand what you're going through. I had my DD a year and a half ago at 31 weeks 3 days due to HELLP syndrome, and I was on hospital bed rest for a week before having a csection. It is extremely scary and overwhelming. Being discharged without your baby is very hard. Do remember, though, that your body has just been through a lot and you're going to need to be well for when your son comes home, so take care of yourself. If you're pumping, let yourself get a 4-5 hour stretch every night and pump a little closer together during the day. A couple of things that made me feel a little better: the nurses told me that DD would not remember the NICU, and they reminded me that once she was discharged she was mine forever. It sounds like your DS was a great weight and I'm sure he's a tough little guy. I wish you a short and uneventful NICU stay.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Congrats on your baby! The NICU is exhausting and frightening. Just try to take it day by day, and remember to take care of yourself as well.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"