Which stroller?

2»

Re: Which stroller?

• Options
    RHoPA1109 said:
    mbm1983 said:
    RHoPA1109 said:
    Spam! @smits26‌. Go away.
    yup, i reported it. not sure if you did or not.

I did too. Double whammy.
    Triple whammy.
    Me (29), DH (30), Married 6/16/07
    #1: BFP 8/02/14, EDD 4/11/15

~~TEAM GREEN~~

BabyFruit Ticker   

****** April '15 January Siggy Challenge: Exercise/Workout Fails ****** image
  • Options
    Someone mentioned the glider board for city mini... I'm thinking of trying that to for ds. He'll be over 2 1/2 nearing 3 when baby comes, so I think a double will be a waste of money for me. I considered upgrading to city select but its just soooo huge. Ds isn't a big stroller fan anymore as it is. If I do end up wishing I had a double, I may look into a double city mini.

Mine will be just shy of 3 when baby comes. I did buy the select because I got it for $300 with the 2nd seat. Hard to pass up! I think I'll end up with a City Mini double too. They are just so much easier and less bulky. I wore my 2 year old all the time until I got pregnant, now he's a stroller rider. My guy sleeps in the stroller lots so I need an actual seat for him too.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JJBoden‌ @kread8‌ Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    bmblebea said:
    @JJBoden‌ @kread8‌ Thanks for the info!

@bmblebea‌ Of course! Happy shopping! 2014 models are starting to get markdowns! Yay! :)
  • Options
    ChanStew said:
    saltbox40 said:
    I love my City Mini! I have the adaptor to attach my Chico keyfit30 infant seat in, and it's perfect. Btw, I consider myself pretty AP, so don't usually get excited about strollers. I wear my baby as much as possible. However, you need a stroller in real life, and the City Mini is amazing!
    Does it still fold easily with the carseat adaptor?  I keep picturing having to remove the carseat, and the adaptor, before being able to fold...
    Another City Mini lover here. And yes, it still folds really easy with the adapter. No need to take it off when you fold. It makes the folded footprint a bit larger, but not by much. It's really no extra hassle at all.
  • Options
    This is no longer addressing the OP,
    But DH just picked up 2014 uppababy vista in Lindsey (cream) for $300 cash, used but in excellent condition
    Love it!!
    J+J 05.12  .  N 04.15  .   No.2 due 06.17
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Go to the store and play with them. Fold them up and lift them up to the height of what the trunk of your car is, if it is a PITA then pick something else.

Baby Girl Lennon born sleeping 6-18-11 Baby Boy Anderson born healthy and happy 8-17-12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    So...I balked a little at the price of the City Mini, but just in case, I did a search on craigslist and found one in the exact color I wanted! I went and tried it out and was very impressed, so I am now the proud owner of a City Mini! Score :)
  • Options
    We registered for a bugaboo cameleon 3. We tried it out at the baby store over a few trips of comparison shopping, and we absolutely love it! Once the baby gets a bit bigger out of newborn phase, I'm sure we'll transition to the city mini. However, we just appreciated so many of the bugaboo features in the early stages.
  • Options
    Blergbot said:
    So...I balked a little at the price of the City Mini, but just in case, I did a search on craigslist and found one in the exact color I wanted! I went and tried it out and was very impressed, so I am now the proud owner of a City Mini! Score :)

Yay! So glad you tried one and loved it.. And got a great deal on one! They really are soooo nice! Just keep watching CL for a car seat adaptor and you'll be all set! :) The other two strollers weren't bad strollers, the City Mini is just sooo nice. KWIM ? Congrats! :D
  • Options

One of our friends told us we needed to get the jogging-type stroller because if we go anywhere with non-pavement we will not be able to use the one we've been looking at. (Chicco Bravo Trio).

Is this really THAT big of an issue? I can't really think of many places I will be trekking through gravel or grass without the option of wearing baby. Do any of you with smaller-wheeled strollers wish you had larger wheels?

We have a mountain buggy (love) but I did a lot of pushing a friends baby around in a small wheeled stroller last year and found there was a HUGE difference. The citi mini seems to get such great reviews and to me looks like it has pretty small wheels so maybe it's stroller/wheel specific and hers was just crap?
  • Options
    I just bought the recaro Denali. It's very similar to the city mini and comes with the infant adapter. I'd had my eye on the recaro infant seat & this stroller And found them both for $384 on amazon.

• Options
    bowman958bowman958 member
    edited November 2014

One of our friends told us we needed to get the jogging-type stroller because if we go anywhere with non-pavement we will not be able to use the one we've been looking at. (Chicco Bravo Trio).

Is this really THAT big of an issue? I can't really think of many places I will be trekking through gravel or grass without the option of wearing baby. Do any of you with smaller-wheeled strollers wish you had larger wheels?

I know zero people with inflatable wheeled strollers who wish they had gone with plastic wheels. I know 87,000 people who went with plastic wheels who either wished they had gone with inflatable or later bought a stroller with inflatables.

Edited for grammar, no coffee yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo f2800575-8c12-4491-8194-153c04d585b8_zps49b02af4.jpg
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We registered for a bugaboo cameleon 3. We tried it out at the baby store over a few trips of comparison shopping, and we absolutely love it! Once the baby gets a bit bigger out of newborn phase, I'm sure we'll transition to the city mini. However, we just appreciated so many of the bugaboo features in the early stages.
    We just got our Cameleon 3 in gray/pink and I love the bassinet feature so much! The frame itself seems light weight, so with my bad back it shouldn't pose too much of an issue getting it into my trunk. 
  • Options
    We ended up getting the orbit travel system. I really liked the 360 degree swivel feature for the infant seat in car and on stroller, aio diaper bag feature, and one handed twist collapsible stroller. Found a great deal on CL at half price. I plan to wear the LO as a "lightweight" option and figure out a lightweight stroller when I need it. I hear BOBs are great.
  • Options
    If you decide to order a City Mini, you may want to order it through Kohls. My mom and I combined the Kohls cash we earned from Black Friday shopping and the additional cyber Monday discount. The stroller was originally $250.00 but cost only $93.00 after the discounts!! Can't beat that price!!
  • Options
    We got the City Versa through a Lightning Deal on Amazon. We went to BBB Friday and decided on the Britax B Safe and B Agile travel System but when I saw the deal for the Versa, we pulled the trigger. I got it for $200 after taxes, although not in the black I wanted. I like that it folds as flat as the  Minis and the storage basked is huge and can parent-face. We'll be getting GT wheels for it also.

Don't love that it's a little heavier, doesn't have a higher weight limit, and has 4 weels vs the 3 of the Minis
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    FYI, I read that the Rumbleseat for the 2015 Uppababy Vista will not fit 2009-14 models.  So, if you buy a used 2014 or earlier Vista, and later go to purchase a new Rumbleseat for it, it will not fit your stroller.  I've also read multiple reviews that said their 2010 model Vistas apparently collapsed with baby in it, so maybe a model year to avoid.  Something to keep in mind if you go used. 

Apparently the new model is designed to better accommodate two kiddos in general.  

https://www.peppyparents.com/uppababy-vista-faq.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"