February 2015 Moms

NBR - What is on your Christmas list?

We always exchange Christmas lists in my family and we try to have them out before Thanksgiving so that anyone who wants to can take advantage of the Black Friday sales.  I'm having a hard time coming up with things that I need or want this year!  I have a few items on my list, but this also got me curious.. what NBR items are you asking for this year?  (Aside from healthy babies and mommies, of course!)
image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
52 books in 2015?           
image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   

Re: NBR - What is on your Christmas list?

• Mine is a new front door and new storm door.  I have wanted one for 8 years, since we bought our house.  And honestly, a new kitchen (what I really want) is not in the budget right now.  I also want a minivan (yup I said it), but lol with a third on the way, nothing else seems practical.  

So if my inlaws ask what we want for Christmas, I will probably say a gift card towards my new door(s).  

I don't really exchange gifts with anyone else.  We will be with my inlaws in Florida this Christmas, so I won't be with my parents.  And my brother lives in CA, so I won't see him until the spring, more than likely.  And we don't do gifts for each other, unless we are together.  

BabyFetus Ticker
    Our family is growing by two feet and we couldn't be happier!  
    BFP 6/12/14, EDD 2/20/15

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Kylee Elizabeth 11/19/09
    Shane Edward 8/18/06

Married the love of my life 1/7/06

• Loading the player...
  • DH keeps asking me this bit I can't think of anything. I want a ps4 but that needs to wait. I want to buy baby stuff but that wouldn't be for me. I want more maternity clothes that I actually like but that's not practical for how little use I would get out of them. I need absolutely nothing and having huge guilt over large sums of money being spent on me when it could be used for the kids. I'm working on it so maybe I'll gain ideas here.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My early present from my mom was a memory foam mattress topper, and to you ladies who don't know what to ask for: THIS! It was under $100 at target and totally worth every penny that I didn't pay :)

Baby #2 due 2/15/15!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Feb 15 January Siggy Challenge:  What you're looking forward to most after baby arrives:
    NO MORE HEARTBURN!

• DH always buys me jewelry so this year I picked out a few pieces I like so that he doesn't go too crazy (he tends to buy me really fancy jewelry which I never wear because I stay at home). I've asked for pajama pants and a food processor and am really hoping that my in-laws buy me an automatic starter installation for my new car like they did 2 years ago!
     AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

F15 Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward to Most After Baby Arrives: BELLY SLEEPING!

photo c433cf4d-aa40-443c-af77-110275d91d89.jpg
  • My inlaws always give us a check, which I'm sure will go to baby stuff this year. As for non-baby related stuff, I really need more pajama pants. I could also really use a massage gift certificate. Though, I guess both of those are baby related...lol. 

DH and I usually exchange a gift, but we probably won't this year. I'll be out of work for 6 months once baby is here, plus we still need everything for baby. 

Married 1/09/10

BFP 6/10/14
    EDD 2/17/15
    DS 2/17/15

BFP 6/12/17
    EDD 2/18/17
    Deja vu??

• Salad spinner. Lame? Yes but we need one. DH and I aren't exchanging this year and are buying a nice camera instead.
    Favorite thing about FALL?  Cooler weather!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • All I want is a new flat iron.
    Shopping for DH is hard because is birthday is just a week and a half before Christmas.
    <Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Spa/massage gift certificate
    Steam mop
    Big comfy reclining chair for reading
    Area rug for sitting room
    Tea
  • New silverware that DH doesn't take to work and forget. We are down to 4 forks out if 16!
    A pregnancy photoshoot for just after Christmas.
    I'll never turn down a spa certificate!
     image image image
    TTC since 3/2011 Adenomyosis, LPD, hypothyroidism. 
    BFP on 7/20/12 after 4 cycles Clomid + IUI 
    2 large subchorionic hematomas & no heartbeat at 7w6d   
    D&E 8/18/12 Sonohysterography found septum and necrotic tissue.   
    Hysteroscopy to remove both 10/5
    IUI #5-7 50mg Clomid + trigger = BFN  
    IUI #8 Femara + Bravelle + HCG + Progesterone = BFP 3/27/13
    Beta 1 (13dpo) = 169  Beta 2 (17dpo) = 1073  No heartbeat at 9w3d. 
    D & C 5/10/13  Triploidy 69 (paternal inherited)
    IVF #1 with ICSI and PGS 11R 8M 5F 2 biopsied/frozen
    PGS results = 1 with trisomy 13 & 1 good embryo for FET 
    FET #1 EV, estrace, nitro patches.  Cancelled due to thin lining
    FET #1.2 oral estrace, f'ing nitro patches and no delestrogen.  Transfer 12/31. BFN
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    Surprise BFP on 6/13/14  Our only unmedicated bfp ever.
    Beta #1 339  Beta #2 649 44 hour doubling time
  • I love Christmas for kids since it's such a fun time of the year but hate trying to think of things for DH and myself.  I cannot think of anything I want that I can justify DH buying.  When I asked DH what he wanted for himself, his only request was a quality pair of nail clippers - how lame!

I end up pretending other purchases count as xmas presents for ourselves.  Ski trip in Jan, newborn/family photos in Feb, a weekend trip to Poland to add a few(several) pieces to our Polish pottery collection and a spring vacation to Italy.  Those will be what I call my xmas presents:)  DH usually buys me some chocolate for under the tree so I have something to open.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • A keurig, button down pjs (easier for MOTN feedings?), sephora gift card (eyeing a clarisonic and new eyeshadow) and books for my e-reader! Also my mom already told me she's getting me ugg slippers. Can't wait for those!!
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeesh I have no idea... We've sort of just decided to do a new house-couple gift to save this year... But FI gets really into gift giving so we'll see.

It's always easier for me to think of things to ask for from my mom... Is that bad? But when it comes to clothes/shoes/etc she gets me so I'm sure I've already texted her pictures of stuff and said "Christmas? :)"

But yeah.. I don't neeeeed anything!

• no one ever buys me christmas gifts and me and dh dont exchange gifts.

if someone asked though
    i want a new couch.

primarily the things i want are on ebay. so i want off there
    a one day at horrorland goosebumps lunch box
    a lot of goosebump books the original series
    lot of fear street books
    a tales from the crypt light
    season 3 american horror story on dvd.
    Pregnancy #1 DD 08.30.2007
    Pregnancy #2 Natural Miscarriage at 6 weeks 03/2014 Due date 11/9/2014
    Pregnancy #3 DS 02.23.2015
    Pregnancy #4 Missed Miscarriage at 11 weeks 11/2018 Due date 5/22/2019
    Pregnancy #5 Positive test 12/11/2019 Due Date 8/17/2020

• A new camera. I really really want that from DH! (baby related)

Lighting to go under my shelf for my craft room

A big shot (craft machine)

A minivan with stow&go seats

More essential oils (from my mom)

A healthy hubby (its been a LONG hard year for him. Hopefully 3rd and final surgery next week) my poor guy has been way too many dramatic injuries in his life time.

I have to say looking at this list that I am so blessed that all of these are wants, not needs.
    image         image
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I want Frye boots but I think ill wait til next year when I lose the baby weight - we are spending so much on flying to FL that  I decided we shouldnt exchange  - but I should have a backup in case.

Im also planningon getting the iphone 6 when Im due for an update in Jan so thatll be a $350gift
  • A handwoven (baby wearing but my dream)
    A planner
    Scarves
    Boots
    Jeans
  • Automatic car starter! I can't believe I left that off my list. I've been asking for it since we found out I'm pregnant lol.
  • I've asked everyone (we do three exchanges) for picture frames. Now that I have a lot of wall space and it's our condo (vs the apartment I didn't want to put holes in our walls) so now I need to fill those spaces. I have so many random photo frames in random places. When we first moved in, I literally found the pre-existing holes or nails and hung up a frame. It looks so dumb. I just went on this "shopping spree" from Walgreens and got a TON of photos printed in different sizes (had a 50% off coupon!). We just had professional photos taken for my parents, so I wanted to display those, plus our wedding photos, etc. 

DH's gift from me, I am writing the check for his first snowmobile payment. It's not even "my" account, we share it, so it would be the same check regardless, but I honestly cannot think of a THING to get him. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• DH & I were just saying that there's really nothing we want this year.  Money, vacation, or a new car is always nice but there's really nothing on my Christmas wish list.  What a blessing!

BabyFetus Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • A new car!!
  • I told everyone that I want things to help me have a life during mat leave. While a year off is really nice for baby bonding, it sucks for the income and last time I was a serious hermit (due to being severely broke). So this year I'm asking for things gas gift cards, Tim Hortons gift cards (yes, we really do love Tim Hortons up here), mall gift cards, and things like that.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I really hope someone gets me a project life set!! So I can get started on Jaxons baby book! (ok this is baby related. but for the time being it is definitely more for me than anyone else! :-)

• I usually make a Amazon wish list and then send it out to family who ask. The only thing I have on there right now is a new pair of black wedge booties. I need to stop adding things to the registry and build up that wish list a little more. :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

• My house is so full of stuff so I keep telling everyone no more stuff! I would much rather dinner out or movie tickets or something ... But every year my parents and Inlaws buy us stuff and we never use it and I feel too bad to sell. For my bday mil gave me an iPad... That was September and I've used it twice. Nice gift but I feel so guilty that I never use anything we get.
  • I haven't given it much thought. But off the top of my head, makeup brushes and some new pots and pans. 

____________________________________________________________                                           

TTC 10+ | Stage 4 Endometriosis

3 Laparscopy's

BFP - 06.15.2014

EDD - 02.16.2015

BabyFruit Ticker

• I wanted new boots but I just ordered 2 pair, LOL. So really, nothing other than good health for my family :)

~~~Big brother 11.29.05 & Little Brother 6.18.09~~~  
    Pregnancy%20ticker
  • I need some boot suggestions. I found some Frye ones at Nordstrom Rack for $300, for those of you who have them on your Christmas list. I need boots in the $100 or less range. Please feel free to send me links. :)

@stephanie2378 I love that coat! 

@irishcurls, Ugg slippers are the best thing that happened to my life. :) 

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Diamond stud earrings...*confession alert* I've never owned a real diamond anything...so DH better get it right. That's all I want actually.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What I'm Looking Forward to After the Babies Arrive
    Bringing them both home...UPDATE...The girls are home!!! 1/7/15 after 20 days in the NICU!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Diamond stud earrings...*confession alert* I've never owned a real diamond anything...so DH better get it right. That's all I want actually.
    Yes girl!! Excellent list!! 
      It's a girl!! EDD 2/28/15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't want things, my house is too small.  I would gladly take a pedicure considering I can't even reach my feet to tie my shoes.  I also may have invented a service that I would like for xmas.  I don't like getting waxed in the bikini area, but I need someone to come in and groom me.  Can I hire a shaver?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • smg2302 said:
    I don't want things, my house is too small.  I would gladly take a pedicure considering I can't even reach my feet to tie my shoes.  I also may have invented a service that I would like for xmas.  I don't like getting waxed in the bikini area, but I need someone to come in and groom me.  Can I hire a shaver?
    Haha my husband shaves my bikini area for me now. And my legs. and he also cuts my toenails. I might be a little spoiled but I was in a bad car accident years and years ago and I couldn't feed/dress/groom myself so my husband did everything so that we didn't have to have someone come in to help.
  • - A QVP flat iron and $100 to spend on new makeup
    - Tickets to see Trailer Park Boys in February (Christmas and anniversary combined)
    - For Santa to find us a new house before Jon is born instead of after

I'd be fine with even one of these but wouldn't be upset if all 3 came through ;;)
    Dr. ACPruchnik, TVMD & SBE

F15 January Siggy Challenge: What You're Looking Forward To After Baby's Born

Lilypie Maternity tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Kitchen stuff!! Pots, pans, etc. And a washer and dryer. Whatever I don't get for Christmas can be a birthday present..lol.. Ahh the joys of having a birthday 10 days after Christmas.
  • @nomnomasaur0426‌ my immersion blender is my life! I have a cuisinart one that has a whisk, small food processor attachment that I love. I'd love a big processor but it really does the stuff I need it to.. Mince garlic, dice onions etc. But having a ton of veggies and broth cook up on the stove then being able to put the immersion blender in and make it all creamy and delicious rather than transferring hot soup to a blender is magic.

Plus a big tall glass, milk, frozen banana, chocolate syrup and peanut butter and an immersion blender=magic milkshakes in seconds.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"