January 2015 Moms

you know you are 8-9 months pregnant when

This was fun last month and I have thought of more
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: you know you are 8-9 months pregnant when

• Loading the player...
  • When you stay in the bathroom too long and your coworkers ask if you're in labor. And when they won't let you bend down (like you can) to pick up the breakfast you spilled on the floor!
  • When, if you have older kids, you feel like a bad mom because when you hear your child start to cry (unless it is a serious, something is horribly wrong cry), instead of attempting to "jump" up and waddling/limping to go see what is wrong, you tell them to come find you if they need a hug. When even your husband says that you look too uncomfortable to be having sex, and HE is okay with simply cuddling you instead of making moves for more. When your husband continues to be amazed how fast your favorite foods/snacks (mine currently being cookie dough ice cream!) are gone after you go grocery shopping. When you FINALLY find that comfortable position to sleep, only to have your baby start kicking you in the ribs to let you know that HE is uncomfortable in that position, and you spend the next half hour hoisting yourself back and forth trying to get comfortable again. :)
    Almost all of this. DH wants to do the deed more the further along I get anticipating the 2 months plus after the baby comes that he knows to not even try to attempt anything. 

• I'm 34 weeks and 8.5 months :) that's how my doctor has always done it so in sticking to it.
  • saiven said:

Please don't take this the wrong way but none of us are 8 months pregnant yet, particularly not 9 months. Almost everyone is 7 months (though a few of us have yet to get there).

I took weeks and divided by 4, anyway, whatever, we are all further along then the last time this was posted!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • peggels24 said:

When you let out a big grunt anytime you bend at the waist.

You can bend at the waist? I am super jealous!

_____

It has to be for something reallllllllly important!

Pregnancy Ticker

• When you have a heating pad on your back and ice packs around your feet.
  • When your mother makes fun of you for waddling. Thanks mom...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • saiven said:

thompnia said:

saiven said:

Please don't take this the wrong way but none of us are 8 months pregnant yet, particularly not 9 months. Almost everyone is 7 months (though a few of us have yet to get there).

34 weeks is 8.5 months pregnant. Based on the 40 weeks/10 month model. I know many don't follow this model, but my doctor's office and I do. I am 8.5 months pregnant; in my ninth month of pregnancy
    --------

In no world does 34 weeks equal 8 and a half months. At all. Just because we're pregnant doesn't mean time counts differently.

This is not directed at you, nor is it intentionally bitchy. Maybe it's an unpopular opinion, but I hate that pregnancy makes simple math obsolete.

4 weeks = a month for various applications where there is a need to simplify. This is typically how effort months are measured for project management as well.

Its an estimate, sure, but its not terribly far off. The current month, November has exactly 4 weeks and 1 day in it.

Since I got pregnant in early April and we are near end if Nov, you can count by the calendar. There is no way I'm not 8 months. EDD Jan 3.

So, now, I'm curious what your calculations suggest?

In any case, I've recently crossed into the final stretch of it-does-not-really-matter, physically, I'm miserable and can't wait for delivery.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • When the whole 4weeks=a month totally annoys you beyond reason. 12X4= 48, there are not 48 weeks in a year .... Arg . My friend even took it further....her son was born March 4 but on April 29 she was all "Wyatt is 2 months old" no....Wyatt was 8 weeks old and on August 19....he was not "6months old" either. Blech I need sleep and to be far less grumpy....I am 33 weeks along and not so suitable for public anymore
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"