June 2014 Moms
Options

For those with rollers

I was super excited when DD finally started rolling last week hoping that was the cause of our sleep issues. Wrong. Sleep had just gotten worse. The last two nights for 10 minutes after I put her down she has been trying to roll in the crib. Last night she finally got over.

I'm not going to lie, I am a total worried FTM. The thought of her sleeping on her stomach at this age gives me total anxiety.

Any thoughts? Is it OK for her now that she's able to hold her head and such?

Engaged: 7/19/09 Married: 9/19/10
BFP: 10/14/13 EDD: 6/16/14 DD Arrived: 6/21/14
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June '14 Siggy Challenge: Warm Places

Re: For those with rollers

• Options
    @CLWheel‌ try not to worry. Once they can roll there's not much you can do unless you want to stay by the crib and keep putting her on her back. K is totally a tummy sleeper. I will put her down on her back and she immediately goes to her side or tummy. There's no stopping her! The worst part is that she loves to sleep with her face smashed into the mattress. I turn her head to the side all the time but she moves it right back. I find myself zooming in on the monitor to check her breathing all the time when she's like that but she's always been finw. She will turn her head when she needs to.
    The biggest plus side to tummy sleeping is that she really sleeps a lot better now. GL
    MET: 12/31/06 ENGAGED: 5/23/11 MARRIED: 11/11/11 DD DOB: 6/6/14
    image image image
  • Options
    I had to read up on this when DS started rolling, too. It seems the general rule of thumb is that if they got there on their own, they're fine. It's hard and I stalk the monitor, too.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @meritsamomma‌ - my LO sleeps with her face down against the mattress too or on her hands face down. The first few times I freaked. But she seems to leave herself room to breathe and if I try to turn her head she just turns it back. She wakes up with finger marks on her face... It's so funny!

• Options
    DH is a worrier around this issue too. He would peek in the room and attempt to roll her back, which just ended up waking her and we got a screaming baby. Now I just go in and stick my finger in to make sure I feel the breathing.  If her face is in the mattress (which happens about 50% of the time), then I try to turn her head out until I can do my finger check. If her face is not in the mattress, sometimes it's against the mesh.  Since the mesh is breathable, I just let her stay there.
  • Options
    Mine has also become a tummy sleeper since she learned to roll but she wears a Snuza breathing monitor so I don't worry that much about it.
  • Options
    My LO has loved to sleep on her belly since birth. Until she could roll over our rule was that she could sleep on her belly for naps but her on her back at night. Now that she's rolling there's no stopping her. The funny thing is she was going through a phase of rolling back and forth, she would do it in her sleep and wake herself up. I'd have to go put her on her tummy and poof out like a light.

We have a good monitor that has a pad that measures her movements, heartbeat and breathing. It really helped me to feel ok.
  • Options

Apparently someone took a 4 HOUR NAP at daycare today on her stomach. I'm still anxious about her sleeping on her stomach. Thinking about maybe getting the snuza

• Options
    @Jazznit1984‌ - do you have the tommy tippy monitor? I have that one and it has a pad to monitor breathing... My question (because I lost brain cells when I gave birth and can't find the manual) does the pad go under the sheet? Or under the mattress?

• Options
    It freaked me out at the beginning too and I kept trying to flip her to her back but it would just happen again and again so I just stopped fighting it. Now as soon as she hits the crib she rolls to her side and next comes her tummy. To be honest now that she's sleeping in her tummy we have started to get the first STTN, I still check a couple times throughout the night to make sure she doesn't have her face shoved against the mattress but other than that I just let her be.
    When she learned how to roll we too had a couple weeks when she would wake up and scream every time she rolled but she got over it.
    Married 05/15/13 FTM with EDD 06/24/14
  • Options
    I give up trying to understand this kid lol. 4 hour nap on her stomach at daycare yet she woke up 20 minutes ago and had flipped herself and was freaking out... what gives kid?! Lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"