1st Trimester

Two Positives with Clear blue advanced digital

Hello First Tri- I have mainly been a lurker over in TCC. I got my first positive with my Clear Blue advanced digital test last night. I took a second this morning and it is still saying pregnant 1-2 weeks. Has anyone had any false positives with this brand?

I know a positive is a positive so I plan on speaking with my doctor on Monday. I just wanted to see if anyone had any issues with this brand?
"One Love, One Heart, One Destiny" - Bob Marley

"Louie & Irie -  Fur Babies Adopted 02/16/13 & 5/23/13"

August 15 January Challenge - Mean Girls

Re: Two Positives with Clear blue advanced digital

• It is very uncommon to get a false positive. Unless you are having some other issues your doctor might not even see you on Mon as many doctors wait until you are 8-10 weeks for your initial appointment

I don't want to see her, I just want to see if she will order blood work. Thanks for responding.

• Loading the player...
  • A pregnancy test can't tell you how far along you are so ignore the 1-2 weeks. It's a gimmick. You're pregnant.

This. You're pregnant OP. Is there any reason why you think this test might be giving you a false positive?
  • LAF0926LAF0926 member
    edited November 2014
    TeeJ526 said:

A pregnancy test can't tell you how far along you are so ignore the 1-2 weeks. It's a gimmick. You're pregnant.

This. You're pregnant OP. Is there any reason why you think this test might be giving you a false positive?
    No, not specifically. I just wanted to see others thoughts on this brand. I did a little google search and saw some people have had false positives with it. I don't always believe what the internet tells me. That being said, after two tests I do have more faith. Thanks for your response.

Edit: I don't always believe the internet... :)

• LAF0926 said:

TeeJ526 said:

A pregnancy test can't tell you how far along you are so ignore the 1-2 weeks. It's a gimmick. You're pregnant.

No, not specifically. I just wanted to see others thoughts on this brand. I did a little google search and saw some people have had false positives with it. I don't always believe what the internet tells me. That being said, after two tests I do have more faith. Thanks for your response.

Edit: I don't always believe the internet... :)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    If you are really worried about it you could try a HPT that is a different brand. I did a pink line test and clear blue, and I really don't think both brands would be false positives
  • uraniurani member
    edited November 2014
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - If you are really worried about it you could try a HPT that is a different brand. I did a pink line test and clear blue, and I really don't think both brands would be false positives
    This. If you're really concerned, I would try another test to ease your mind. Tests from the dollar store have a good reputation so you don't even have to spend that much.

And I agree with PP, unless there's some kind of medical reason your PCP is probably only going to give you a urine test, not a blood test. Is there a reason you want a blood test?
  • urani said:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    If you are really worried about it you could try a HPT that is a different brand. I did a pink line test and clear blue, and I really don't think both brands would be false positives

This. If you're really concerned, I would try another test to ease your mind. Tests from the dollar store have a good reputation so you don't even have to spend that much.

And I agree with PP, unless there's some kind of medical reason your PCP is probably only going to give you a urine test, not a blood test. Is there a reason you want a blood test?

Thank you all very much. I went out and got a first response and got a BFP on that as well. I'm convinced now! No, I don't want blood work. I'll do whatever my PCP recommends.

• Congratulations!  You're pregnant!  

• Congrats!

BFP: 04/03/2014  EDD: 12/15/2014  HB: 04/30/14 (75bpm) MC: 5/2/2014 (natural)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Like PP have said the week indicators are total BS and a gimmick.  If its pos congrats your are pregnant! The digitals are usually less sensitive so go on out and get another brand like FRER if you're that concerned. When I got my BFP I used both FRER and wondfro.  Called the doc told them I got a BFP on a HPT and they had me come in that day.  They tested my urine and sure enough a BFP on their test too.  From there they sent me for a Beta blood draw to see my numbers and then came back 2 days later to see if I was doubling. Many offices won't do a blood draw unless you turn a urine test in their office. They use basically the same ones as the HPT's anyway.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I called my PCP yesterday and she requested I get blood work. I went yesterday so I am waiting for the results.

Thank you everyone for the responses. 
    :)

• LAF0926 said:

I called my PCP yesterday and she requested I get blood work. I went yesterday so I am waiting for the results.

Your doctor didn't trust the pee stick?
    I did not question. I just did what I was told.

• I called my PCP yesterday and she requested I get blood work. I went yesterday so I am waiting for the results.

Way be checking what beta HCG is and to see if doubling? Did they tell you you needed to come back in 2 days?
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers

• schnitz9 said:
    I called my PCP yesterday and she requested I get blood work. I went yesterday so I am waiting for the results.

Way be checking what beta HCG is and to see if doubling? Did they tell you you needed to come back in 2 days?
    They did not have be schedule another appointment. My PCP ordered the blood work but I did call my OB office to inform them as well.  My OB wanted to make sure that they ordered a quantitative blood test.  Hopefully I get results by later today or tomorrow. I really don't know why they ordered it. I will ask when they call with the results because I am curious now... 

• LAF0926 said:
    schnitz9 said:

They did not have be schedule another appointment. My PCP ordered the blood work but I did call my OB office to inform them as well.  My OB wanted to make sure that they ordered a quantitative blood test.  Hopefully I get results by later today or tomorrow. I really don't know why they ordered it. I will ask when they call with the results because I am curious now... 
    This is exactly what my OB did.  When I called to tell them I had a HPT BFP they had me come in for a Beta quantitative and progesterone.  Once they confirmed they were doubling and good then we scheduled a dating U/S.  Seems to be how a lot of docs do it in this area.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board