March 2015 Moms

Measuring larger than due date

so, I had my 24 week check and when they measured me, I was measuring larger than my due date. My Dr. Scheduled another u/s for next Friday...anyone else experience this?

Re: Measuring larger than due date

• At my 24 week check up my tummy measured 30cm so a lot big then it should, I was set for an altrasound just to check bubs and the fluid! Everything was perfectly fine :) they just assume I'm two weeks further along then expected! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • At my last ultrasound and appointment at 20 weeks 4 days baby and my belly were measuring 21 weeks 5 days. Earlier on she was several days ahead. Both times they said it wasn't far enough to change the due date.
  • Well you get another U/S so that's one positive. With my first I was always measuring small but my OB was never concerned.

#1 BFP 11/6/12 EDD 07/19/13 Delivered 07/23/13 - Baby boy Everett John

#2 BFP 07/06/14 EDD 03/12/15

• 071115071115 member
    edited November 2014
    I am measuring 2 weeks ahead and I am going for another ultrasound on the 15th. I've been measuring two weeks ahead the whole time!
  • marlyheathmarlyheath member
    edited November 2014
    Oh boy! You poor thing :/ Just what you want to hear! A big head, ha!
  • All very insightful posts! It doesn't sound too much to be worried about! I guess I find out Friday!
  • My DD always measured small...they were actually worried she stopped growing around 30 weeks. She was a 8 lb 13 oz baby ... I wouldn't be too concerned!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • At my last ob appointment I measured 3.5 weeks ahead but at my ultrasound the day before baby measured to date just like the 2 before. My ob said if I measure that far ahead at my appointment next month they will schedule another ultrasound to check growth. She wasn't concerned at all and said most times it's uterine growth or position of baby.
  • I am measuring 2 weeks ahead but i just have big children so thats probably why! X
  • I measured ahead consistently with DD and ended up having a big baby, that's all! Babies pack on pounds at different rates at this point now that they're adding fat. Your OB will let you know if there is anything to be concerned about, but this is pretty common :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My first lo measured 3 weeks ahead the entire pregnancy. It was ivf so it wasn't like we weren't sure of the date. There was nothing wrong with him he was just a big kid...still is. Almost 10lbs at birth. Docs get worried at first but usually it is nothing but a larger baby.
  • I measured big with my first and he was 9lbs 12oz. And am measuring big with this one. I wouldn't worry just part of how the baby grows. :)
  • I measured ahead with my first by 2-5 weeks the entire time. We knew my due date wasn't off, because I had been charting my bbt and I had an early dating u/s. They did a growth u/s at 36 or 37 weeks to make sure I had enough fluid and everything. Baby ended up being 8lb 11oz born a day after my EDD, so on the bigger side but not freakishly huge by any means. I wouldn't be worried by it.

• kelseypie said:

I measured ahead with my first by 2-5 weeks the entire time. We knew my due date wasn't off, because I had been charting my bbt and I had an early dating u/s. They did a growth u/s at 36 or 37 weeks to make sure I had enough fluid and everything. Baby ended up being 8lb 11oz born a day after my EDD, so on the bigger side but not freakishly huge by any means. I wouldn't be worried by it.

Is your name actually Kelsey? That was so high up on my list for this baby but since my names kelly everyone thought it was too similar. I love that name tho it makes me think of a pretty girl who has a classical style without being a hipster. Lol it's amazing what names elicit in different people and how much we infer from a name
    autism photo: AUTISM autismglitter.gifBabyFruit Tickerphoto d61f26e5-4fb2-4a0b-b301-b0af2b53d4d3.jpg
  • kelseypie said:

I measured ahead with my first by 2-5 weeks the entire time. We knew my due date wasn't off, because I had been charting my bbt and I had an early dating u/s. They did a growth u/s at 36 or 37 weeks to make sure I had enough fluid and everything. Baby ended up being 8lb 11oz born a day after my EDD, so on the bigger side but not freakishly huge by any means. I wouldn't be worried by it.

Is your name actually Kelsey? That was so high up on my list for this baby but since my names kelly everyone thought it was too similar. I love that name tho it makes me think of a pretty girl who has a classical style without being a hipster. Lol it's amazing what names elicit in different people and how much we infer from a name
    Haha yes it is. I hated it growing up though because Kelsey Grammer was really popular and people would constantly reference him when learning my name. I'm ok with it now though lol.

• At my 20 week Ultrasound I was told the same things. They moved my due date up 4 days
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"