TTC after 35

OPK and cycle question

This is my second cycle using an OPK. Last month I had a high reading for 10 days before peaking and my cycle lasted 37 days. This cycle I just had 5 days of high readings, including today, and tonight I started my period. (Today is cycle day 28.) I get the varied cycle length, I can even accept the 10 day stretch before peaking, but why would I start AF when my OPK is just detecting impending O? Has anyone else had this happen? Are my hormones and body just that out of whack?

Re: OPK and cycle question

• I used my CBEFM for a few months when I decided it was too wacky. Perhaps my hormones were wacky but the sticks can get pricey, they add up quickley if the monitor keeps asking for a stick after days of high readings. Now I use the cheapies wondfos. Good luck
  • Loading the player...
  • Everything @lcwed said is great advice.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• I'm a newbie to all the temping and stuff so I have no advice. Just wanted to say good luck!
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• I'd definitely temp. I'm supposed to start opk too next cycle. ..if it ever gets here. So another vote for temping (start now) and sympathy for whacked up hormones. ..I'm dealing with that too right now.
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"