Baby Names
Options

TTC#3 Suggestions and opinions on name thoughts so far

KateLouiseKateLouise member
edited November 2014 in Baby Names
Our daughters are Elizabeth Grace and Jane Hermione, so obviously we like traditional/classic names. Also we're Catholic so if it's a saint's name that's a bonus.

Thoughts I've had so far:
Girls:
Lydia Magdalene
Marigold/Maggie Therese (Can Maggie stand alone as a name or does it need a formal name? Not a huge fan of Margharet, and Magdalene feels a bit full on for a full name)
Maria mn?

Boys:
Miles Ignatius
Owen Lawrence
Lawrence Ignatius.

Other names I love: William, George, Oliver, Evelyn, Anna, Millie, Harriet,

Thoughts suggestions. If we went with Lydia, yes I realise the Bennett sister connection, and no it doesn't bother me. Much like the Harry Potter connection with Hermione was a non-issue for me.

ETA: I also LOVE Noelle/Noel, but would only use it if baby was a Christmas baby. I may extend this out to bebay being conceived at Christmas, or does that make it a creepy story to tell your child? Or do you just never tell your child that story? :)
Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

Re: TTC#3 Suggestions and opinions on name thoughts so far

• Options
    You have some great names up there. I'd personally consider using Maggie as the formal name, though I might be hesitant.

Love Lawrence Ignatius!

• Options
    KateLouiseKateLouise member
    edited November 2014
    Yes if we went with Millie, I would use a formal name. I like Camilla, but I was also thinking Millicent.

I like Anna a lot, but the -Uh sound doesn't sound great with our last name. I have the same hesitation with Maria, but it seems to sound better with the three syllables.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Magdalene and Marigold and PP suggestion of Magnolia.

For boys I love Lawrence, and Ignatius is freaking awesome. I also love Laurence nn Laurie, but I'm a huge Little Women fan. :)
    Started adoption process in Jan. 2011.
    3 failed matches in 2012.
    Surprise pregnancy in Aug. 2012.
    Precious baby boy "HC" born May 2013.
    Began researching EA in 2014.
    No longer pursuing EA due to fibroid complications.
    Officially on the adoption home study wait list.

• Options
    I love Lydia Magdalene! Beautiful name! Seriously swoon-worthy imo. From your boys list I would like Oliver Ignatius. Would you consider Ewan instead of Owen? I think Ewan Ignatius would be fantastic. Good luck OP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I Love Ignatius enough to consider it for a first name, but hate the nn Iggy.

I also love Maxim, but Maxim Ignatius sounds like a gladiator. So I've struggled to think of a name that holds its own againt Ignatius.

I used to like Ewan, but now I have a bad association with a kid I know.

• Options
    I love Owen.
    I don't think Maggie should be used as a first name. At 30 years old, it sounds rather juvenile.
    Therese is great or Theresa.
    Mary Therese. Josephine. Monica. Isabel. Cecilia.
  • Options
    Magnolia And call her maggie
    Georgia
    Love Harriet!!!
    Beatrice
    Pearl
    Josephine
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Just saw the suggestion of Frances from PP and it fits perfect. I recently met a little Frances Kate and thought it was adorable.
    Lydia Magalene is beautiful as well.
    I feel like Owen and Miles are very mainstream compared to your daughters' names. I think Lawrence is the best fit.

• Options
    I'm a little biased because my daughters are Lydia and Maggie.  Our Maggie is Marguerite, which is a family name.  Lydia Elizabeth and Marguerite Jane.  I know a lot of other posters have responded negatively to Lydia, but we love it and get positive comments on it all the time.  We also considered Magdalene for our Maggie, but it felt to heavy to me.  I think Therese is a beautiful name (mn or fn)  and suggest Joy as a possible middle name with Maria, which I also love.  

I like Lawrence best of your boy names.  I find Owen a bit trendy these days.  
    I think you've made great choices in general!
    Good luck!  
  • Options
    Please use magdalene! I want so badly to use it but my dh completely vetoes it :(
  • Options
    I really like Lawrence Ignatius

I kind of like Anna Therese, Anna is simple pretty and not used very often anymore
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"