November 2014 Moms
Options

Remember me? I had a baby and here is my story...

edited November 2014 in November 2014 Moms
Sorry I've been MIA. I hate mobile bumping and this being a mom stuff is a little more difficult than I thought...

So, here is my (pretty short) birth story.

After my last OB appointment Wednesday November 12th, my doctor said I would need to have Cervidil placed to soften my cervix because I was STILL not dilated (after having 7 weeks of contractions...go figure). I was told to be at the hospital at 7pm Thursday November 13th. After being admitted, my cervix was checked and I was 60% effaced...still not dilated. Cervidil was placed at 8:15pm. My mom and my friend Kate were there with me to help me pass the time. I was starving and was finally allowed to have snacks around 10pm (Funyuns will forever remind me of L&D now lol). At 11:25pm I asked for Ambien. I hadn't been sleeping well as it was and I knew between being hooked up to all the monitors and the excitement of having a baby the next day plus being in a hospital bed, there was NO way I'd be able to sleep much, if at all, and I knew I needed all the energy I could muster to push this baby out! Well, Ambien didn't help because the nurses had to keep coming in to adjust the NST because the baby kept jumping all over the place. 

7:45am November 14th, the Cervidil was removed and my cervix was checked. Cervix softer but "maybe" 70% effaced. Pitocin was started around 8:15am. The dosage was increased at 9:10am, 9:25am, and 9:50am. The nurse said she'd keep increasing until the baby shot across the room...made us all laugh. I was handling the contractions very well considering how intense they were, she said. At 10:05am, my doctor came in and told me he was going to break my water. I didn't recall anyone saying that having their water broken hurt so I was actually looking forward to it. Well, I have to say, that was the WORST part of the entire delivery process. When he went in to break my water, he said I was 1cm (yay for FINALLY being dilated!!) and then it felt like my insides were being ripped out organ by organ. Apparently he said he had to manipulate my cervix (?) and then he broke my water. What a weird feeling that gush was. Breaking my water definitely made the contractions more painful so I knew they were finally causing me to dilate. Around noon, my doctor checked my cervix again and I was "maybe" at 2cm. ("What the actual fuck is up with my stupid cervix" was my first thought). 1pm I got an epidural and it made me feel amazing :) I was able to pass out to the point I had no clue my mom and Kate left to get something for lunch. At 2:37pm, my dr called in from home to check on my progress. Nurse checked me and I was STILL only 2cm but 100% effaced. This is when I was informed that Jackson was in distress...his heart rate was dropping really low after every contraction because of the pitocin. I immediately told them to do the c-section...seeing his heart rate so low on the monitor and thinking of anything bad happening to him, I knew there was no other choice. 3:10pm I was taken to the OR. My mom came in a few minutes later and at 3:21pm my beautiful baby boy Jackson Cash was born! He weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces and measured 19 ½ inches. He is pure perfection and I couldn't be more in love. :x
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Remember me? I had a baby and here is my story...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"