1st Trimester
Options

Anxiety and Pregnancy

Anyone dealt with an existing anxiety disorder while pregnant? This is my first pregnancy and I had an incident that has left me full if anxiety all day. I've not had adequate sleep and that always exacerbates it. I'm looking for some support and reassurance because I can't take any medication. How can I relax? Are there any good online resources for women who are dealing with anxiety while pregnant?

Re: Anxiety and Pregnancy

• Options
    Hello! I also deal with anxiety/panic disorder. I contacted my doctor who was able to prescribe me baby safe medication... I haven't started it yet because I hate taking medicine but I have research more natural ways to calm myself. We had a post about this a few days ago which was kinda funny cause I was all ohh I haven't had a panic attack in weeks I'm doing great :):) then two days ago one popped up. I would def talk to your doctors about it and then just start trial and error things that work for you. I really focus on breathing skills and avoiding possible things that contribute to it ( aspartame which is in some yogurts and sodas ) also, when I feel myself starting to get panicked, I try whatever I can to distract myself... The other day I called my husband and then I called my mommy ( lol )...

It is definitely not something fun to deal with and I totally feel your pain. I hope you get a handle on it and I'm glad to know there are other people to talk with about the issue :)
  • Options
    I will try and find this great online program I also use that helps... It helped me so much and it's free for the most part
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you for your help! I've been off prozac since January and I do okay. I've had my moments along the way so I'd take a .5mg kolonopin here and there to soothe myself. That's been my go to anytime I felt my anxiety getting out of hand. Now I can't do that. I find myself obsessing and just worrying about things that aren't even a present threat. I may need to find a professional again to just talk to to keep my mind from wandering. I just want to enjoy this time! I've always been a huge worry wart and a serial people pleaser.
  • Options
    You're welcome! I too had the klonapin to take as needed, I absolutely loved it. I wish I could still have it but, it is what it is. I agree with you about worrying about things that aren't a present threat, I do the same exact thing. I have tons of irrational fears and worrys it's sickening but that's the disorder I guess. I'm surprised I haven't had more panic attacks lately since finding out that I am pregnant. One of my many fears in the unknown, and I know next to nothing about being pregnant or being a mother so at times it freaks me out but so far I've just had one attack! Knock on wood... Lol. I should look into finding a professional to talk to too, that is a good idea. I hope you find relief no matter what you decide to do! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"