January 2015 Moms

Christmas Gift S/O-What was your favorite childhood gift or what was your red rider BB gun ?

For me, my favorite Christmas gift as a child was a Cabbage Patch Kid with cornsilk hair.  I remember so much about her.  She had olive colored skin, brown eyes, auburn hair and was even left handed ( like me ).  Her name was Cornelia August.    She was beautiful and I was so excited to see her on Christmas morning.  I had been asking for a Cornsilk kid for several months at that point and was becoming obsessed with it.  

So what was your favorite gift as a child ?  

Re: Christmas Gift S/O-What was your favorite childhood gift or what was your red rider BB gun ?

• Original Nintendo (NES). It was a "shared" family gift from Santa, BEST THING EVERRRRRR
    DD#1 (6), DD#2 (4), DD#3 (0)
  • My size Barbie. I didn't actually get one until I was 20 as a joke, but I have never wanted anything the way I wanted a my size Barbie!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • mine was a gameboy! and my sister and i each got our own, so for once i didn't have to share with her. i played tetris on that thing so much- wish i still had it! 
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • My nana bought me a baby doll and handmade several outfits for her. My favorite was this super soft emerald dress. I didn't give her enough love when I was little, but she is my most memorable.

When I was 16 nana got me an antique cameo necklace. It was beautiful with seed pearls.

• The year I got a CD player for my room and the CDs that went with it. My always wanted, but never received (until I was in college and my best friend got it for me) was an easy bake oven. My mom always told me I knew how to use a real oven. You'd better believe I fired that thing up and made little mini cakes and brownies for all of my friends that year during finals week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I always wanted one of those motorized kids cars. My Mom said we should use our legs to get some exercise, like walk or ride a bike, so forbade all the grandparents from buying it either. But I wanted one soooo badly!

Funny enough, I now would do the same with my own children, so I don't hold a grudge ;-)

I always had a great Christmas. My Mom really went all out, but I remember family memories more than presents.

@kayham12‌ - I had a My Size Barbie, but then my brother played Doctor and cut off all her hair, stabbed her with scissors, and painted all over her in green (for guts) and red (for blood). Brothers suck ;-)
    ************************SIGGY WARNING***********************

Me: 29      DH:  32
    Off birth control March 2012 - Actively trying Sept 2012-April 2014
    Unexplained Infertility
    BFP on May 5th after Follistim & IUI #3
    Ryan Henry - born 1/10/15, 7 lb 5 oz, 20 1/4 inches

NTNP for a sibling starting March 2015
    Waiting on cycle to resume while EBF

imageimage

• @emmyg65‌ They re-introduced Samantha this year.
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• My best Christmas present was probably an original Cabbage Patch Kid the year they were super huge.
    BFP #1 09/26/2013 EDD 06/04/2013 MMC 11/01/2013
    BFP #2 05/15/2014 EDD 01/24/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh my gosh @southernyankeegirl‌ we got a Barbie Jeep as a shared gift the year I wanted the my size Barbie. I also had an American Girl doll, but i didn't want her the way I wanted that my size Barbie
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"