Working Moms

Another nwmr travel question-baby food

edited November 2014 in Working Moms
I've been making my own purées for 8 month old dd. obviously if we were doing blw this wouldn't even be a question, but since we don't and since I don't really want to bring a bunch of home made perishable purées on the plane, what is the best commercially available baby food container for travel ? Should we do glass jars or pouches? I want something resealable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

Re: Another nwmr travel question-baby food

• I like Earth's Best organic a lot. We do jars mostly. DS is a big eater, so he eats an entire jar. I find that easier than having a dish to squeeze the pouch into. I know some people squeeze the pouch directly onto a spoon, but I'm clumsy and that seemed like a recipe for disaster.
  • I would use pouches and not even mess with dishes and spoons. Once LO got use to pouches, he would just suck the food out without me having to squeeze. If you have time, get a few to practice with before you go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Not to hijack, but at what age did you guys just hand them the pouch? DD has yogurt and applesauce she does that with, but she's 2. I don't think my 6 mo old could remember to put it in his mouth and then squeeze. But maybe I'm underestimating him?
  • Thanks everyone, we bought the pouches to try them out. if it doesn't go well we'll just go with the glass jars. I'm afraid of them breaking but I'm more afraid that if I hand DD a pouch we'll be cleaning it off the ceiling, lol!

\image  image

• edited November 2014

Plum Organics make a spoon that screws onto the pouches.  I did this.  I preferred traveling with pouches. 

https://www.amazon.com/Plum-Organics-Dispensing-2-Count-Packages/dp/B003L4BV5U

ETA- it works on all the pouches we used.

• PrivacyWanted said:

I'd go with pouches - we did BLW and used them for travel because they are good (with help) for take off and landing since it helps pop the ears (I'm sure there is a technical name for this that I can't remember now)
    That makes a ton of sense.  It's why people chew gum on take off and landing. 
  • I'd go with pouches - we did BLW and used them for travel because they are good (with help) for take off and landing since it helps pop the ears (I'm sure there is a technical name for this that I can't remember now)
    I did this as well. We were on a plane the first time I let her try to suck directly from the pouch and was surprised she could do it, she was only 7 months old.

@MommyAtty DD is 17 months and I just started being able to hand her the pouch without it ending up everywhere. I still put the tip in her mouth and then tell her to hold it so that if she squeezes it doesn't spill everywhere. Before that I always held it for her.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"