Infertility

Fertility massage

So I stumbled across a place that advertised this service boosting about all the benefits. Also found a self massage video? I'm skeptical to throw money at either of them, but the other part of me wonders if there's anything to it. Of course not my magic infertility cure, but maybe it could help?

What's your take on it? Ever done it?

Re: Fertility massage

• katers79katers79 member
    edited November 2014
    I'm 100% in on any kind of massage. Agree with @Buttmonkey34‌ - why not do it. My RE says no stress with FET, so I'm trying to squeeze in as much acupuncture, reflexology, and massage as possible. Doctors orders ;)
    Eta grammar's hard

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Me- 35, mild hypothyroidism

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

FET 12/8 of 2 frosties - 1 male/1 female - stick babies stick! 

Beta #1 10dp5dt 444! Beta #2 14dp5dt 2,340!  U/S 1/5-- TWINS!!!  EDD 8/26/15

"You'll never see the rainbow if you can't survive the storm"

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• CML11CML11 member
    edited November 2014
    That's kinda what I was thinking, but the skeptic in me thinks I'm wasting $. I do love a massage though!
    Considering doing acupuncture too. How often do you do it?
  • Loading the player...
  • @CML11‌ I'm doing acupuncture 1x/wk, and I'll go a few days before FET and the day-of, after the transfer. I find reflexology is more relaxing for me, and I've booked 2 sessions right around FET as well :) It's the best excuse ever for pampering!

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

DH- 29, low count due to a chromosomal abnormality, only option is IVF/ICSI with PGD.

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

IVF/ICSI #1 ER 9/14 - 14R, 6M, 6F, 5 blasts off to PGD- 1 normal female, 2 balanced males

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• @kaly75‌ and @katers79‌ how many cycles have you done with IVF? Did you do any cycles without acupuncture? If so, did you see a change in the results?
  • @CML11‌ This is my first cycle.

***SIGGY WARNING***

Our Story

Married 5/13

TTC since 8/13

image    image

Pregnancy Ticker

• @CML11 are you talking about the massage you do on yourself (starting where the femoral arteries are, pressing and moving up) to increase blood flow to the uterus? I had my acupuncturist show me how to do it, and I could "feel" the pulsing from pressing on the artery when she did it, which made me think it might actually help, but I couldn't replicate when I got home.

You didn't ask me, but I started acupuncture almost two years before I started IVF, and have done it through all of mine, though I wasn't able to do the post-ET session for IVF#2 (my acupuncturist was in the middle of packing), and I've always wondered if that would have helped.  

***************************Loss Mentioned***************************

Me 37 y/o, DH 45 y/o; DH vasectomy reversal (his 2nd marriage) 11/8/12; TTC since 12/8/12. IVF due to MFI. DOR diagnosis April 2015.

IVF #1 BCPs/Antagonist w/ICSI Jan 2014 = BFN

IVF #2 MDL w/PICSI March 2014 = BFN

IVF #3 EPP/Antagonist w/PICSI May/June 2014 = BFP!; MMC 6w4d

IVF #4 No suppression/Antagonist Nov 2014/Converted to IUI #1 = BFN
    IVF #4.1 Feb 2015 = cancelled
    IVF #4.2 April 2015 - Lupron Stop Protocol with ICSI = PGD testing of embryo indicated it was abnormal
    IVF #5 June 2015 EPP with Antagonist 

Everyone welcome!

• @Carol77B‌ that's helpful! Thank you!

I think I want to try it, there aren't many out there that do it or at least ones that advertise that they do.
    I found a link that you can buy some DVD, but like you said, I don't know that I would be replicating it right.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"