Pregnant after 35

NPR: Gifts for in-laws

We're flying across the country for Thanksgiving and I'm wondering what we could do for the in-laws who are making a huge Thanksgiving dinner. We don't typically see them for Christmas, so there's no gift exchange, and I'd like to get them something or do something for them. Unfortunately I land in early afternoon on Thanksgiving so cooking something complicated isn't really an option. Last year we made cinnamon rolls to contribute but I'd like to do something a bit more meaningful.

Any ideas by the wise gift givers of the board?

Re: NPR: Gifts for in-laws

• This isn't exactly a gift idea, but my MIL seems to really appreciate it when we buy groceries for and cook one or two of the other main meals during our stay.  She's the primary cook when we visit and would rather not be cooking after preparing a big feast.
  • thanks, great idea, @neonneon! We both enjoy cooking and will have plenty of time to do it on Friday and Saturday.
  • Loading the player...
  • You could have a center piece sent to the house for the table - maybe the day before and have a card say you're looking forward to seeing them tomorrow.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • Ooooh, that's a *really* good one, @xuxachi!! Thank you!
  • You're welcome. Then you could also carry on with you some pastries or the like for bfast on Friday or something similar that travels well and can be used during the weekend, eg dessert wine, sweet bread, etc.
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • marijaa333marijaa333 member
    edited November 2014
    Ordered some gorgeous flowers yesterday.  I really like the breakfast pastry idea too, @xuxachi but i have a 5.5 hour flight early on Thursday and fear they may not fare well from Wednesday to Friday, especially given the inevitable shuffling on the security belt and in the overhead bin. Cooking the following day as @NeonNeon suggested should work well though! Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"