January 2015 Moms
Options

Warning ladies, probably too much information

For about the last week I have had severe vaginal itching(not inside but on the skin around) Of course, I have a lot of discharge so I always chalked it up to that (it's the same as normal) and thought the panty liners were just irritating the area... Well tonight my late night, no sleep pregnancy worry brain kicked in andI'm beginning to worry it might be something more. It does go away after about a half an hour after I take my underwear off (so relieving though... Lol) and right after I take a shower and still feel fresh and clean. However it does burn a little to the touch but could that be from irritation? I just passed 33 weeks. Anyone else experiencing something similar or know if I should be concerned?

Re: Warning ladies, probably too much information

• Options
    This happened to me. I had a yeast infection. I used monistat 3 day treatment.

You'll want the 3 day or 7 day, not 1 day.

Maybe call your OB first though. I didn't, I just knew what it was and treated myself.

GL.

• Options
    ^wss. I had a yeast infection at the start of this pregnancy and had never had them before. I was put on an oral pill. I took one and 3 days later was all better. Get it checked out but no big deal :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was also going to say yeast infection. I had one that caused me severe irritation and itching. Bacterial Vaginosis is another common infection. You need to get checked out.
  • Options
    Agree with PP advice, tell your OB....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I had the same. Yeast infection. She said to use the Monistat 7, and within two days it felt better!
  • Options
    I had that but my OB had me buy a tube of jock itch cream and put it on twice a day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had something similar a few weeks back, my bikini area was super irritated and itchy...dr said it looked like yeast and prescribed a miracle cream. After a day or two it was so much better! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"