May 2014 Moms

Tonsil stones

Anyone ever dealt with these? Im tired of them causing bad breath.

Re: Tonsil stones

• It is really disgusting! I tried scraping last night and it gagged me too much. I will try the salt water!
  • I get huge ones. Like the size of pencil erasers. My problem is I can't see where they are I can only feel them. I think from having strep so many times the sores created the craters. My doc recommended a water picc but I never felt like spending the money. My husband takes a Q tip at the base to push it up and out. My doc also said the only solution is to have them removed
  • Loading the player...
  • I had my tonsils removed because of them. 
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • I had no idea what these were. I should not have googled. No advice but sorry you all have to deal with these!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage

• Lurking from June 14... @QOTR how was your recovery? I'm am having mine removed December 12 because of stones and chronic tonsillitis. Any tips to make it easier? I'm and getting more nervous as surgery days looms closer.
  • Do you all have bad breath issues? Its horrible!
  • Yes! I feel like my breath is horrible most of the time. Gargling hasn't really helped much, so I try to chew gum or a mint while I'm at work to spare my coworkers. The thought of shooting a water pic at my tonsils totally freaks me out so I've never tried it, but it is what the ENT dr recommended to remove them.
  • Ugh I just want my tonsils out!
  • I just reread my last post, I meant he recommended the water pic to remove the stones. I asked him to remove my tonsils. @bridetobe9132013‌ have you asked your ENT to take them out?
  • @kbelser, I'm not going to lie, it was a rough few days.   Especially at night when my throat would dry out.   The liquid codeine they gave me made me nauseated and loopy, so I was either hurting or feeling icky.   On the plus side, I lost 10 pounds in a few days.  ;) 
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • I'm hoping I lose 10 lbs or so too! How long did it take you to feel back to normal? Do you think I will be ok by Christmas?
  • I think you'll be fine by Christmas.  I slept a lot the first several days and was well enough to host company a week later.   This was all before baby of course.  Try to stay hydrated and hopefully you'll have some help with your little one. 
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Thanks for the info! My surgery is on a Friday and DH will be home all weekend with us, then my sister is going to watch DD Mon-wed/thurs depending on how I am healing.
  • I think I'm getting some. My throat has been sore all da. Not exactly painful but very uncomfortable

It's a BOY

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"