October 2014 Moms
Options

recommendation for baby carrier

I finally got desperate today and put LO in our carrier so I could move around the house, but it is way to bulky.  I'm looking for a sling or wrap that would work better for just around the house, but I would also like one that I could use to nurse in public.  I'm leaning towards the Balboa Baby Four Position Adjustable Sling Carrier but wanted to see if any of you have a recommendation for one that has worked well for you.

Re: recommendation for baby carrier

• Options
    I've never nursed with a carrier but I am very happy with my ring slings from Sleeping Baby Productions. I hear you can nurse in them and having the tail is helpful, but I can barely nurse properly at home with a nursing pillow so I'm no help with the nursing part.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerAnniversary

• Options
    I made a mai tei using a very simple pattern I found on Etsy during my first pregnancy. I found it really easy to use, and since I picked my own fabric it was not thick or bulky and I was able to wear it during our hot Texas summers without over heating me or the baby.

I also like the standard ring slings, there are many companies that make them and in a variety of fabrics so you can find one that works for your climate. I like that they have the extra material so that you can use it to cover up while nursing if you want, or just as a drape over baby when they fall asleep. I find them to be more versatile than products like the Balboa which are sewn into one shape.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Solly baby wrap :)
    photo: YOU CAN’T SIT WITH US!

• Options
    I love my maya wrap ring sling. It's a thin material and very easy and fast for quick trips, and it's easy to nurse in. This is us taking a walk when DS was just a couple weeks old:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I also really love my ergo. I use it more often than the ring sling, actually. This was us today. He's propped up with a receiving blanket under his bum:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wraps can be pretty pricy, but little frog makes a wrap that you can get for about $80. They're very nice.
    imageimage
  • Options
    I'm very happy with my Sakura Bloom ring sling. Easy to nurse in.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    LOVE my Balboa.  I will be breaking it out here pretty soon.  It makes it so easy to just quickly pop the baby into it when you need to run into the store or just do stuff around the house. 

;

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"