Working Moms
Options

Question and intro

Hi ladies! I've been lurking and would like to introduce myself and ask for opinions. I have two daughters - 2.5 years and 5 weeks. I'm currently on maternity leave but will be going back to work Mon- Thurs full days. My boss just said he needs to know when I'm returning and he will be concerned if it's after the first of the year. I originally told him I was taking two months off and coming back after the first. Baby came two weeks early which means returning the week of Christmas if I only take the two months and finding care since we don't have a spot at daycare until January. With the holidays, it would only be two days the week of Christmas and 3 the week after. On the one hand it would be nice to ease back into things but it would also be nice to just have off since the holidays are so busy. However it doesn't sound like he thinks that's an option. We are a small company so no benefits. It's just really hard for me to think about going back right now when I'm going on little sleep, still adjusting to two kids, she's so small etc. What would you do?? Or how many weeks did you take off? I got 12 weeks with my first so maybe that's why I feel bad too.

DD1 5.26.12 - Femara, Gonal F and IUI

DD2 10.18.14 - IVF

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"