TTC after 35

Random Rant

edited November 2014 in TTC after 35
We had plans to leave at 4:00 for happy hour. There's a 4:05 bus. Great. Well, until DH decided at 3:50 to spend FOREVER on the toilet, in the master bathroom where I keep all of my getting ready stuff, even though we have a perfectly usable guest bath. So now we've missed our bus and have to wait over half an hour for the next one. grrrr. If he'd used the other bathroom, we would have caught it just in time. I have no idea what possesses him, this is far from the first time he's been asked to use the other bathroom if he's going to be a while. And it's far from the first time I have missed a bus or been late because he hogs the bathroom. Grrr. Anyway, that's my dumb and petty rant for the day. Carry on.
Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....

Re: Random Rant

• I want to know what possess men to have to all the sudden Have the need to spend an awful long time in the bathroom right before it is time to leave.  Geesh! My exhusband was like that and my SO is like that.  
    ****Siggy Warning***
    ~Formerly ABabyMabe4us

Me(35) Him(35) Untied for life 4/1/2015.
    TTC Our 1st since 8/2014
    MC @ 7 weeks 5/2014
    Me: DD#1 3/2000, DD#2 6/2001, DS 5/2003
    BFP: 2/19/2015 EDD: 11/1/2015 IT'S A BOY!!!!

• Like, what takes so long? It's not like you need to earn an MBA before you can poop.
    Me: 38 DH: 40 TTC#1 (and likely only) since 9/13. Saw RE 5/14, SA good, AMH 2.36, FSH 7.2, estradiol 69.6 indicating good egg reserve. Using OPKs. First Letrozole cycle 6/14, a burst cyst and a BFN. Second Letrozole cycle 7/14, BFN. 

Update 11/14 - had laparoscopy 10/28, good news is that my uterus and left tube look good, and they were able to drain the cyst on my left ovary. Bad news is that right tube and ovary have endo and scar tissue, so they're pretty useless.. Best news is that we finally have some answers and a path forward. Taking 7.5 mg letrozole CD 2-6 to put that good left ovary through its paces. 

UPDATE 2/2015 - We switched to another fertility clinic, but fortunately we don't have to start all over. We're doing two cycles of Clomid plus IUI, if neither of those take, we'll do IVF in April, potentially with ICSI. (DH's SA has gone downhill, likely due to excessive exercise.) IUI#1 2/25/15....
  • Loading the player...
  • DH claims its the only place in the house where he can have peace and quiet
  • My DH proceeds to use the one downstairs... I have to go and hide in the one upstairs regardless.  It's almost like a badge of honor for them or something. 
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • DH uses the time to catch up on his comic book reading.  He says it takes him that long to get everything out but I don't buy it.  We have been late before because of bathroom spells with DH.  He can spend the same amount of time on the toilet that it takes me to get DD up, dressed, and fed in the mornings.  I wish I could just leave my students for 25 minutes to sit on the toilet.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• That would annoy me like crazy!

My DH has taken to hogging our only toilet in the morning. Which I can understand except our 2 yr old will go to the toilet and say, "Dad I need to go toilet." and he immediately says, "Ok I'll be right out."  and then he comes straight out. Ummm? If you can hop right out then what were you doing?

Having said that, I know I take really long showers and DH never complains.

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• I love this. My DH takes three times a long to get ready as I do and spends forever crapping. My 10 year old is following suit.
    If we are going on a road trip we are always delayed half an hour because god forbid my husband craps in a strange bathroom.
    If I sit on the bowl more than 5 min my ass and legs start to go numb.
    I don't understand men sometimes.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

imageimage

All welcome

• I love this. My DH takes three times a long to get ready as I do and spends forever crapping. My 10 year old is following suit. If we are going on a road trip we are always delayed half an hour because god forbid my husband craps in a strange bathroom. If I sit on the bowl more than 5 min my ass and legs start to go numb. I don't understand men sometimes.
    OMG mine too.  I can't figure out what takes him so long to get ready in the mornings.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• I think one of MH's favorite thing of the day is to sit in the shitter forever.

I just don't get it. Why would you want to sit there and marinate in your own poop smell??
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• Omg these stories are pretty entertaining. I only get annoyed when he chooses our master bathroom just before bed. So I have to wait for him to come out before I can get toothbrush, face wash and stuff. At times I have to hold my breath when he comes out so I can grab my stuff and run to another bathroom with fresh air! Lol
  • OMG @CML11, I was reading these thinking the same.  I hate it when my hubby poops in our master bathroom right before bed.  And then he thinks it doesn't stink so I always have to send him back in to spray.  :(

*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • @Heath&Jas‌ if he only knew this was a topic of conversation...lol
  • May be TMI but has anyone else had to buy a plunger that has handles on it for their DH.  I shit you not. (lmao sorry cheesy joke, I know) I had to by a heavy duty plunger with handles on it. I don't know how much TP he actually puts in there to need it but he has had to use it to many times to count.  I call it his motor cycle handle plunger. 
  • haha this is funny. My DH is the opposite. I call him "the fastest pooper in all the land" he's in and out like Flynn. Me on the other hand, I like to linger in peace haha.
    Me 42, DH 33, TTC for about a year naturally (but no protection for 4 yrs). Together 6 yrs, married June 2014.
    CD 3, FSH of 15, E2 67, AMH 0.43, LH 6.2, normal HSG test
    DH good count but low volume, 87% motility, 1% morphology
    IUI#1 - Nov 2014, 100 mg clomid and HCG, 2 large follies 20 & 16mm (7 follies total). BFN
    IVF# 1 Jan 2014, 225 Gonal F, 225 Menopur, Ganirelix, 4R/3M/1F w/ICSI - PUPO!

• lcwedlcwed member
    edited November 2014
    @Austrogermokee I was watching an episode of Coupling today and this was part of the episode.  Thought it was appropriate for this discussion and a guys perspective.

Episode Clip

Edited to fix link

Me 36 DH 39

DD 3/29/12
                      BFP 6/4/14 ~ MMC 7/7/14 ~ D&C 7/15/14            
    BFP 11/28/14 ~ MMC  12/29/14    

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

• Buy him a Squatty Potty. It's a little footstool that is supposed to put you in the right position to make everything move easier. Maybe you could at least cut his time down! (And hide the comic books!)
    Found this, thought it was appropriate.  LOL
  • @wvarn‌ I so need that plunger in my life! And I lol'ed at the pic your posted :))

@mommymatter‌ I've heard of that contraption before but, I'm not sure about the other ladies, it's not MH takes forever to get it out, it just takes him forever to finish the job and get out of there. I honestly think that's "his" time to woosah or something. Maybe he knows that's one place I won't of nag him :-\"

I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• @lcwed‌ I just watched the clip and that's sot on I do believe!

• @wvarn‌ never seen that. ..our downstairs gets clogged a lot for some reason. Might have to seriously Check that out. Lol.

This is one thread that every time I see an update I have to read. Makes me laugh. Thanks everyone for sharing and @Austrogermokee‌ for venting to get it started.
    me:41   dh:43 
    Off Mirena Nov 2013, On Nuvaring end of Jan, Back off Sept 2014.  Never ending cycle starting end of Sept... 
    11/14 Provera failed... cycle continues 
    12/14 High FSH (57 "midcycle")  OBGYN had no clue... about anything 
    01/15 More lab results coming back from RE. U/S showed small (1")cyst on left ovary, thin lining, and couldn't locate right ovary so  possibly straight to DE and IVF 

Occassionally mess with the chart below to see "what if" and learn (not to make it pretty but because FF stays drunk with me).  

My Ovulation Chart
  • This all is so funny. MH is the same way...he drives me to the train in the morning and wakes up 10 mins before we leave and he goes straight to bathroom. I have to start rattling keys and stuff to get him to wrap it up so I'm not late. I have no idea what's going on in there.
    He does want a squatty potty, but I think he's just in there thinking about life or reading something usually.
    I also think it's funny when he has all this urgency if we are in the car and he needs to pee...and insists on pulling over. I'm like, you do realize sometimes I really have to pee too and yet somehow I can wait to the next rest stop??
    36, DH 31 TTC #1 since we got married, July 2014. http://FertilityFriend.com/home/522fa4/
  • This is a funny thread and so true!! (not to make light of your stressful situation)

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • edited November 2014
    DH is a pain in the ass about peeing, too! I remember I was driving us home from a party one night (from dc to Baltimore, so about an hour trip). There aren't any rest stops or gas stations on the trip, so you have to go before you go - and you definitely don't need to swill your weight in beer before the drive like DH did. Peeing is just not an available option. For one hour. Full stop. On the way home he starts moaning that I need to pull over, he's gotta go...and I'm like, seriously? You want me to pull over on a busy freeway, then try to merge back into traffic with our slowass no-pep car just because you can't hold it like I do every time we make this drive? Then he wants to pee into a bottle even though the smell would make me hurl. I told him to hold it, then offered to stop at a gas station when we finally saw one (which he declined). We made it home, and he still brings this up from time to time as a case of me being the worst wife ever. Because not wanting to do unsafe crap on the highway while being his DD makes me the worst wife ever. I think because it's so easy for men to pee (just unzip and unleash), they have meltdowns when they have to hold it.

• you guys crack me up. DH is of course the same way. I usually tell him we have to go a half hour before we actually do just to factor in bathroom time.
  • MH always tells me we are "only making the minimum stops" when we go to VA, which is a 13 or so hour drive. He likes to stop THREE times. Well, that is all fine and dandy if we didn't drive in the middle of the night and I didn't have to down energy drinks or coffee to stay awake!

One time he pulled over and peed on the side of the road, I was so pissed. He looked at me and said "you can pee here too". Wtf? On the side of the interstate..really? 

I am surprised he hasn't bought me one of these yet...

• ^ that made me laugh! Its a She Wee!

SIGGY WARNING
    Me 38   DH 34
    married 05-21-11 
    started TTC right away

BFP- 10-16-14 EDD 6/13/15: MC 12-1-14 
  • @clgsquared‌ I won't lie, I kinda want one too :D

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"