April 2015 Moms
Options

Belly Violators

SuperFudge00SuperFudge00 member
edited November 2014 in April 2015 Moms
Who's been violating the sanctity of your belly? How have you handled it?

Super bonus points for gif/visual aids!

ETA:

Dont Touch me photo dontouch.gif

BabyFruit Ticker

November Siggy Challenge: Selfie Fails

Hidden for the sake of your eyes!

Re: Belly Violators

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    SuperFudge00SuperFudge00 member
    edited November 2014
    I'm obviously showing now in my scrubs and I am touched frequently at work but mostly by people I like and I don't mind it.

I did almost get touched by a patient while I was trying to start an IV on her. I was so surprised that I couldn't find the words and luckily what I was doing didn't make me an easy target so I was able to avoid her. But man, did she keep trying. I just kept seeing her hand in motion hoping to get to touch, lol.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

MIL and one uncle so far. The uncle gets a pass because he was really sweet about it and it was just once for a second. My MIL does it all the time. It's weird and uncomfortable. My own mom doesn't even touch my belly. I act uncomfortable when she does it because I am uncomfortable, but I know it's not stopping until this baby is out unless I say something that will legit make her cry. She did it last time too. Sigh.

Did you say anything last time or did you just endure it?

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    My mom and brother. I love them, but it's just weird when they touch my belly.. I feel like it's invading my personal bubble. I only like my husband touching it!
  • Options
    My mom mostly and a few friends but I can handle that. And I'm sure my aunts will be touching Thursday. I don't know how I'll do with strangers, Cause wtf?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Belly touching doesn't bother me too much when it's people I know. Strangers on the other hand may want to expect what this girl's friend did:  https://www.pregnantchicken.com/pregnant/week-17
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My family touching it doesn't bother me much at all but today at work (the bank) I had a customer rub it like a Buddah (sp?) belly. Luckily it was a woman and I like her but it was still weird.
  • Options
    No one. I'm not really showing. I never got belly touches from strangers and didn't mind from people I know.
  • Options
    I don't understand peoples fascination with wanting to touch preggo bellies.. i never wanted to. thankfully i am not in the obvious pregnant phase yet, but i am getting there.
    Rainbow baby due 3-30-15
  • Options
    @ninamyspace‌ touching pregnant bellies is not something I enjoy. Every time I have touched one (not my own) it's because someone has made me. Literally take my hand and place it. Seriously the movement freaks me out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My mom has, but I'm fine with that.

I am DREADING Thanksgiving, because we are seeing some of DH's family for the first time since our BFP who haven't been told yet. His cousin drives me out of my damn mind, and I KNOW she will not keep her hands to herself. I may wear a girdle to try and hide it. Ugh.
    ME: 26  |  DH: 33
    Dating: March 17, 2008
    Married: May 18, 2013
    BFP: August 16, 2014
    Our rainbow baby after two losses. Rest sweetly, my angels. 

IT'S A GIRL!EDD: April 10, 2015
    (Formerly known as amandastewart51813)

• Options
    I don't understand peoples fascination with wanting to touch preggo bellies.. i never wanted to. thankfully i am not in the obvious pregnant phase yet, but i am getting there.
    I don't get it either.  even when my sister was pregnant, she asked if i wanted to feel him kick, and i was like, "uh, sure?"   it was cool i guess, but i barely liked it...
    Together since 5.16.05 (16 & 19yo)
    Married since 3.6.10 (21 & 24yo)
    Baby Olivia coming 4.14.15 <3 (26 & 29yo)

January Siggy Challenge: Fitness Fails

• Options
    I don't really mind if I am friends or related to the person but if I don't know u don't touch me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Besides my husband, only one coworker has touched my belly and she asked. My husband doesn't ask, but I don't care.
    BFP 8/9/2014
    Baby Boy wolowizard due 4/14/2015
    Greyson Robert
  • Options
    Nobody yet thankfully, but next month we head up north to visit family and it will probably happen but I won't mind. My family is really big and really close so whoever happens to be knocked up at a family party gets tons of belly touches. My husband always kisses my belly and I love that :)
  • Options
    I've had 2 people do that to me and I was kind of shocked at first because I'm not really big, but I got over it. They were both female. I'm not ok with a man doing it which happened with my last pregnancy.
  • Options
    A fellow teacher touched my stomach to demonstrate an interaction with a student. It wasn't pregnancy-related, but when she did, my whole stomach tensed up...a protective measure, perhaps?
  • Options
    I will not do well with strangers.  Some of my close girlfriends are fine and hubs obviously.  My mother makes me crazy.  I dread Christmas and my baby shower up north b/c she will be constantly touching me and I generally don't like being touched at all.  

I can't promise I don't end up in jail for assault of a stranger. Thankfully hasn't happened yet because its not super obvious.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Jan Siggy Challenge: April 2015

image  image

Started dating: 7/4/00
    Married: 6/9/07
    TTC #1: 7/14
    BFP: 8/9/14

• Options
    I finally have gone from just the fat girl getting to fatter to pregnant. The belly hasn't fully popped, but I'm 20 weeks and expect it in the near future. But as I am going to TG at my parents, I have no idea what belly violators I may have. I am not comfortable being touched so it's going to be weird.
  • Options
    Cate92 said:

One colleague at work in particular was continually touching my belly, and I'm really not for that.

So after mulling it over with my SO the next time she touched my belly I touched her boob :) luckily she thought it was hilarious and now asks if she can touch my belly.

Edit: Trying to make sense

Love this! Way more shock value than touching their bellies.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @baby_blessings‌, 1 million imaginary points to you for the gif!!!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

@SuperFudge00 I am to please haha

***** December Siggy Challenge *****

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I'm obviously showing now in my scrubs and I am touched frequently at work but mostly by people I like and I don't mind it.

I did almost get touched by a patient while I was trying to start an IV on her. I was so surprised that I couldn't find the words and luckily what I was doing didn't make me an easy target so I was able to avoid her. But man, did she keep trying. I just kept seeing her hand in motion hoping to get to touch, lol.

In a nurse too and I'm sooo worried about patients touching me! Did you say anything to her?
  • Options
    I'm a FTM and I've only had DH and one (female) co-worker touch me so far. I didn't mind the co-worker because I know her. As a nurse at an outpatient clinic, I'm really worried about random patients at work doing it. I love the idea of touching their belly if they do it, but I don't know if I have the audacity to do it, haha.
  • Options

In a nurse too and I'm sooo worried about patients touching me! Did you say anything to her?
    I didn't. She was my pod-mate's patient who had crappy access and I was asked to get an IV (she got a 22g in her upper arm). Idk what I would have done if I had to continue to care for her. Plus, she was kind of nice, I'd have no problem shutting down a meanie [-(

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

I'm a FTM and I've only had DH and one (female) co-worker touch me so far. I didn't mind the co-worker because I know her. As a nurse at an outpatient clinic, I'm really worried about random patients at work doing it. I love the idea of touching their belly if they do it, but I don't know if I have the audacity to do it, haha.

I totally couldn't touch a patient back. Well, not in retaliation at least.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    kariemomokariemomo member
    edited November 2014
    Last night we had our marine corps ball, and I wore a tighter dress to show off my belly, it's really popped the last 2 weeks. Well I haven't seen a bunch of the guys in my husbands unit(they are all really close) in a good month since. He told them all and stayed out with them that night to celebrate. Anyways last night well saying hi to people I had a few come up and rub my belly. One of them did twice. He was like "there's a baby in there". I didn't know what to say, it happened so fast. When I got home I mentioned it to my husband, I don't think he noticed and one time he wasn't with me, he said "so, the unwanted belly touching has begun."

And then a co worker touched my belly on Thursday when I was leaving, she's a lot older and has grown kids, she's so sweet but it was still like "you're probably touching more fat than anything"
  • Options
    My mother in law did it 2 months before I was even pregnant .. At a funeral. Her own mothers. As she placed her hand she said " You pregnant?" I snapped "no" ..................... she doesn't know that I am now ... And won't. We spoke to her at the funeral and was polite but we won't be talking to her again, over a different issue. The woman has no tact. ( she also had every single tooth removed from her head the day Before our wedding...... Making her smile great in photos).
  • Options
    be888be888 member
    edited November 2014
    I don't mind having friends and family touch my belly. My resting bitch face takes care of strangers, it works for belly touch, and random unhelpful comments.

BabyFruit Ticker
    16 Ch. du Barrage, Lac-Beauport

• Options
    I am just starting to show this time around so not yet. Last time I was pregnant I was a server at chilis and a stranger at a table tried to rub my belly. I took a step back, and she leaned forward and tried again. She said "i am going to rub your belly ene if you don't want me too!" I was so annoyed. It wasn't the last time something like that happened at work either. Praying this time is different since I now work for the sheriff's department.

Me(29) DH (29)

DD1(5/21/03)

DD2(8/26/05)

DS(11/23/10)

DD3( EDD: 4/10/15)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"