March 2014 Moms
Options

Green vegetables - LO

SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
edited November 2014 in March 2014 Moms
Has LO had green veggies yet?
What seems to be their fave so far?

ETA: the option 'no greens here' can be used for A) have not tried green veggies, or B) LO hates all green veggies we've tried.

Green vegetables - LO 86 votes

Lettuce - salad fanatic over here!
0% 0 votes
Spinach
2% 2 votes
Green beans
31% 27 votes
Peas
41% 36 votes
Asparagus
0% 0 votes
Green pepper
2% 2 votes
Edamame
1% 1 vote
Something else
8% 7 votes
No greens here
10% 9 votes
I don't go here, I'm just nosey
2% 2 votes

Re: Green vegetables - LO

• Options
    She's had peas but pretty much thinks they're the worst thing ever.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'd have to say he preferred the edamame over asparagus but I think it was because the asparagus tips tickled his mouth.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sanibel21 said:

Are you talking 'baby food' peas? Because I agree they are pretty gross. (At least store bought are)

For DD I just cooked frozen peas then mashed them with a fork until I felt okay giving her whole peas.

I find with veggies, especially green ones, it could be flavour or texture that is the issue. Just keep trying different ways.
  • Options
    Levi loves green beans.  He was not enamoured by baby food peas or beans but Beechnut, I think, made a mixed up asparagus and other greens/fruit he loved.  We don't do baby food much anymore mostly table/mashed up.
  • Options

Sanibel21 said:

Are you talking 'baby food' peas? Because I agree they are pretty gross. (At least store bought are)

For DD I just cooked frozen peas then mashed them with a fork until I felt okay giving her whole peas.

I find with veggies, especially green ones, it could be flavour or texture that is the issue. Just keep trying different ways.
    No I steamed and pureed them myself! No go.

• Options
    Has anyone who has done broccoli or spinach noticed lo get gassy or fussy?

• Options
    Sanibel21 said:
    Has anyone who has done broccoli or spinach noticed lo get gassy or fussy?
    nope. had both. :)
  • Options
    defri17defri17 member
    edited November 2014
    Green beans and also avocado

edit to say -  the av. is his fave when it's mixed with pear. Weird, I know.
  • Options
    NewMomma8 said:

Ok, I put "no greens here" because there wasn't an option for "had greens and hated them".  So I couldn't put any fav's, but she has had peas and green beans and didn't like either.

That's actually what I meant.
    I guess it can be taken either way.
    I'll edit the post to clarify...thanks.
  • Options

NewMomma8 said:

Ok, I put "no greens here" because there wasn't an option for "had greens and hated them".  So I couldn't put any fav's, but she has had peas and green beans and didn't like either.

That's actually what I meant.
    I guess it can be taken either way.
    I'll edit the post to clarify...thanks.
    Oops I picked peas but she hated them.

• Options
    I said peas, but I think it's the only thing he has tried. :)
  • Options
    LO loves greens-- her favorite so far is broccoli florets. She also loves green peas, spinach, asparagus and green beans.
    TTC #1 since 2007. Dx: Unexplained infertility. 4 IUIs in 2008 = BFN. IVF #1 07/09. DD #1 born April 2010 (40w5d).
    TTC #2 since 2011. Dx: Endometriosis and hypothyroidism. 2 FETs in 2012, BFP 6/12 but m/c @ 7 weeks. IVF #2 06/13. DD #2  born March 2014 (40w1d).
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    She's had peas & green beans. She LOVES LOVES LOVES bell peppers though. So I voted green peppers.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Amelia hates all things green

• Options
    She hates peas , that's the only thing she's had that's green .

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Out of all of those she only has tried peas and green beans and she hates green beans
  • Options
    He like spinach and broccoli the best so far. Peas are his least fave.

• Options
    He likes pureed green beans and whole peas. He was okay with broccoli florets but I think it might have made him gassy, to answer your question @sanibel21.
  • Options
    I gave LO baby food green beans a few weeks ago.  She gagged and stuck out her tounge.  Haha, ok point taken.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"