March 2014 Moms

Green vegetables - you

SurpriseAt39SurpriseAt39 member
edited November 2014 in March 2014 Moms
Your favourite green veggie.
And if you care to share; your fave way to prepare it.

Green vegetables - you 68 votes

Lettuce - any type
4% 3 votes
Spinach
11% 8 votes
Green beans
25% 17 votes
Peas - snow peas, sugar snap peas, regular peas, mushy peas
8% 6 votes
Asparagus
27% 19 votes
Green pepper
2% 2 votes
Edamame
2% 2 votes
I prefer mine mixed with other colours. I'm against segregation!!
0% 0 votes
Green veggies are evil!!
1% 1 vote
SS - something else, IDGH or I prefer not to answer.
14% 10 votes

Re: Green vegetables - you

• Love asparagus roasted with salt pepper a little olive oil and some linom zest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You forgot broccoli!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Sanibel21 said:

You forgot broccoli!!

Limitations on poll options. :)
    That ^^, and DH refuses to eat it, so I only buy it when I have a real craving since I'd be the only one eating it. :(
  • Love asparagus roasted with salt pepper a little olive oil and some linom zest

I like to BBQ mine.
    I'd do it directly on the grill tied up, sprinkled with salt, pepper and a spritz of lemon OR in foil wrapped with bacon sprinkled with salt and pepper.
    Mmmmmmmmm.
  • Favorite, turnip greens... but I voted for spinach.  I love just simple spinach sauteed with a little olive oil and garlic.
    Asparagus is another yummy but a little pricey to feed my family on a weekly basis so that is a special treat.
    Only green veggie I do not like at all is brussel sprouts. eeck

I never think to put lemon zest on my veggies. Yum!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Broccoli dipped in ranch! or steamed with cheese sauce.
  • lima beans!!!!
  • Broccoli or brussels sprouts, but roasted with olive oil, salt and pepper, sometimes garlic.  I could eat bowls full.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • laurenann89laurenann89 member
    edited November 2014
    My grandpa had some 100 year old heirloom green beans that my southern grandma would cook all the time. DH gardens and grew some of the now like 150 year old beans. We like to make them with fat back in the pressure cooker and they are the best green beans ever.

Edit for autocorrect
  • Steamed broccoli
  • Brussel sprouts are my favorite.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I boil fresh green beans and then toss them with a little butter, garlic salt, and sometimes sliced almonds.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"