Adoption
Options

Weekend whatnot...

So it's Friday...what are your plans for the next couple of days?

Yesterday was our four year anniversary, so we are going away for the weekend to get pampered a litte bit.  It is also doubling as our babymoon.  Thank heavens for my IL's who are watching E and our two dogs!!

Re: Weekend whatnot...

• Options
    My husband is out of town and our house has been torn apart for renovations, so I'm hoping to keep the kids out of the house as much as possible.  Since all their sports are over, I'll have to be creative.  I found a few holiday plays nearby and we'll play outside some.  I'm not really sure what else.
  • Options
    @CaptainSerious - hopefully you don't have snow or frigid temperatures to contend with!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks, It's been in the 30s, so not too bad, but not the warmest, either.
  • Options
    i hope to do as little as possible! haha. we primed baby's nursery tonight so hopefully we can get around to painting it some time this weekend. other than that, we will probably be watching college football (roll tide) and getting our ducks in a row for thanksgiving festivities! 

hope you all have an awesome weekend! 
    trying for #1 since May 2012... we're adopting! bringing home baby boy in january 2015!

photo tacos.gif
    Texas forever. 
  • Options
    My H works retail (in the online fraud/finance end), so we are trying to get a bunch of house/adoption stuff done this weekend since his hours will be nuts the next two weeks. It's been busy!!

Our home visit is the11th, so we need to get things organized. The guest bedroom has been a disaster for ever. We are going through it, donating, trashing, and trying to get it to look more like a bedroom and less like a storage room. We also plan to start our education classes tomorrow.

We also put up the Christmas tree, but mostly so we had more room in the storage unit.

Tonight is dinner and the Badger Basketball game.
    Meghan and Jonny- Puerto Vallarta, Mexico - May 1, 2010
  • Options
    It's a jam packed weekend here!!

Our national agency requires all adoptive couples to film a video for our profile so we got our camera late Thursday night. So this morning we took some film down by the beach but then we had to come home as hubby was cooking a 23lb turkey. We did Thanksgiving with his side of the family today.

Tomorrow: church,trying to film at the park a bit, and then tomorrow afternoon we're headed into the city (NY), meeting up with my dad whose taking a separate train, and we're all going to a NY Rangers game!
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Options
    Our dresser/changing table came in so we are hopefully picking it today or in the next few days.  It's slowly coming together- when I have something worth showing- I'll post pics!

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Options
    My weekend consists of cleaning the house for thanksgiving. I am almost finished, just have the guest room and kitchen to clean.
    January 2014--Picked Agency, had informational Meeting and turned in Application
    June      2014--Started our Home Study (all paperwork &fingerprinting that ensued)
    August  2014--Finished our Home Study and Officially Waiting

Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
  • Options
    This weekend we were in MD for the JFK 50 mile race which DH ran yesterday.  Now he is feeling crummy (of course)but we are finally back home and I am getting all my papers together because tomorrow morning I have to go to NYC to get papers apostille as a final process in the dossier gathering:).  So glad I can turn these papers over to the agency so they get their part started:).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"