TTC After a Loss

Who buys the condoms?

It appears H & I are in a predicament.

So I'm cleared for sexual activity. This past weekend H tried to make a move and I commented that we didn't have any condoms

(He did end up getting a BJ...not by my total choice but whatever)

Then this morning he was trying to initiate before we got up for work; I'm not completely back to normal sexual desire. But he had me turned on & up for it. I asked him if we had any condoms...answer = NOPE

So who buys the condoms in your (proverbial) house? Bc I really want to hold out until he goes & buys them himself.

I can wait

PS don't google evil or spiteful female gif at work....dirty (hot/sexy) images appear. I am re-search for those when I get home though ;)

Re: Who buys the condoms?

• ((Hugs)) @Blackbird. I've missed you. Great gifs. 

We do our grocery shopping together and tend to buy them together. I can't wait for the day that we pitch them in the trash, tho!! 
    Ditto.  

BFP: 3/9/2014  EDD: 11/11/2014  MMC: 4/10/2014  D&C: 4/11/2014
  • Loading the player...

We do our grocery shopping together and tend to buy them together. I can't wait for the day that we pitch them in the trash, tho!! 

ETA: I did get pissed at him when I found out he was using them for his solo acts. I made him go buy another box that time! 
    Well actually we did go grocery shopping together on Sunday, and I thought he'd pick them while we were there. Didn't happen. (this was after I dropped the initial hint) :-??

I keep thinking if he wants it bad enough, he'll make the effort to go buy some. Like I said my desire isn't really that strong right now unless coerced.

Ditto.  
    Same.  But he has to put them in the basket.  If we need them any other time, I would make him buy them. 
                                                                                              BFP #1 3/2/12, T born 11/7/12
                                                                                                 BFP #2  7/2/14, CP 7/6/14
                                 BFP #3 8/28/14, MMC 10/2/14 @ 9wks - misoprostol 10/6/14, D&C 11/3/14 for retained tissue
                                       BFP #4 12/25/14, EDD 9/7/15 - please stick baby, you are so loved and wanted!!!!!                                                                                           

image  image                                                                      
  • We buy them together. But we haven't in a long time. Luckily we still had some when we had to avoid.
    I thought the same thing when we were TTA, but they were expired.  Didn't realize it until one broke.  Cue freak out!

BFP: 3/9/2014  EDD: 11/11/2014  MMC: 4/10/2014  D&C: 4/11/2014
  • mrspipp said:
    DH is in charge of buying. I firmly refused. Before we were TTC, I was the one in charge of BC, so I feel this is fair. 
    I like your way of thinking.
  • buy them online and you can have them delivered to the mailbox

I imagine a monthly mail order service of condoms.

For us it's ususally me. MH use to go weekly shopping with me, but now we just don't have time for that.

DH & I are both 28    Together: 12 years    Married: 09/24/2011

BFP#1: January '12 - DD1 09/16/2012

Preterm labor 31 weeks. Monitored for Hellp and diagnosed with oligohydramnios July '12

BFP #2: 06/25 - EDD 03/05/15 MMC confirmed 8/1 - D&E 8/4 retained tissue discovered 8/20

BFP #3 11/24 - 12/15 Heartbeat detected - DD2 07/29/15

• I just bought some online last night since we're benched.  I think DH is too lazy/can't remember if it was up to him.
    Yea this is kinda what I'm thinking too.
  • Yay! You're back!! We missed you  :x

H and I buy them together if we have to. We are the weird couple standing in the condom isle arguing the pros and cons of each box for 20 minutes before finally deciding. We always feel weird just buying condoms so we traditionally throw in a package of beef jerky, which probably makes us look even more crazy.  
    Lol oh I've been lurking about 8-> here and there
  • Love the gif story! 

I don't really care if I have to get them or not but I will not go out and buy them together ever again. The only time we ever did that we literally stood there and read every freaking box and had a 35 minute discussion in the condom aisle (we are newbies when it comes to condoms). The girl at Walgreens finally came over and helped us. It was a pretty interesting conversation :)

If I ever have to buy them again I would probably use Amazon Prime like MrsPhD83 said...because lazy. 
    I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• MH has always bought the condoms in our house.  He had done it since we were dating and we also had some left over after my loss so we used those.
    Me: 37                                               
    DH: 45
    BFP #1 3/19/14  EDD 11/29/14 MMC D&C 4/24/14
    BFP #2  12/4/14 Beta #1 218 at 12dpo Beta #2 1055 at 16dpo
    Saw heartbeat 12/29.  Please be a rainbow.
    imagerainbows

All welcome                                   

• ktlovess said:
    @jj32 - No. I do not deserve the TMI award!

You know, a lot of women live with pelvic pain and aren't aware. I just assumed that a number of the symptoms I was having was normal, and it's not until I was talking to an IRL friend who probably deserves a TMI award that I realized that they weren't normal at all.

If anyone is interested to know more, go here (here's my plug for awareness!):

ETA - blackbird, I promise this is the only time I will hijack your thread :)
    lol no worries, love
    :-j
  • Nice to see you out Blackbird!

When were tta after our loss, I was the one who did the condom shopping. Mostly because DH was too busy. I felt a little awkward only because I was also buying HPTs at the same time.

Me-27 DH-29

TTC#1 January 2013

BFP February 27th 2014, MMC ended in D&C

Working on our rainbow!

Curious about my ute?

• Okay, 2 things - 

#1 - I literally had to stop reading this at work because I kept giggling at my phone and then looking up at my coworkers giving me an odd look and not being able to explain.

#2 - This has ended up becoming a conversation topic for H and I. He screwed around A LOT when he was younger. Like, had a wall dispenser of condoms screwed around a lot. He says to me "I don't get what the big deal is with buying condoms". When I tried to explain to him it's one of those 'everyone knows you're having sex but nobody wants to admit it' things he says "Okay, I don't have a problem buying them not because I was a man whore, but because society is too prude. It should be a badge of pride." XD OMG, my husband ladies, my husband.
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • I have always bought the condoms since we moved in together. He bought them before that but he gets embarrassed so he would only buy them at the gas station. I'm the more financially conscious one so I insisted that he buy them in the value pack, he refused and I've bought them ever since! I make him buy HPTs though when we are in our home town.

TTC #1: February 1, 2014
    BFP #1: 2/21/14 EDD: 10/31/14 MMC: discovered 3/31/14 (blighted ovum) D&C: 4/3/14 at 9w6d

BFP #2:12/18/14 EDD: 8/27/14 Beta #1 (16 DPO): 50 Beta #2 (18 DPO): 54 CP: 12/25/14 at 5w0d

Names | Blog | Chart

Formally LisaG09

"Everybody wants to be happy. Nobody wants to feel pain but you can't have a rainbow without the rain."

• Either DH buys them or I order them on Amazon. The last time I bought them in a store, it was way too awkward as I almost ran into an ex's mom. Now I just get them online and don't have to worry about anything
    Together since April 2004.  Married since June 19th, 2010.
     BFP #1: January 31st 2012: CP. 
     BFP #2: June 1st 2012, Due:2/8/13. Avery was born via unplanned c section on 2/13/13. 
     BFP #3: Sept. 25th, 2014. Due: 6/5/15.  MMC on 10/23/14. Confirmed complete molar pregnancy per D&C 10/29/14, 
    HCG officially negative 12/10/14.  Benched until June 2015.

• edited November 2014
    Ok... This might be a stupid and ignorant question... But this is the first time since marriage that I've even thought of condoms...

I know we're supposed to wait a various # of cycles before starting. Is the pull out method/nfp not good enought for this? I'm freaking out now because I didn't even consider condoms. I know MH will be fine if that is what we need to do, but for whatever reason I feel weird about it. I think condoms suck and I don't want to do that! Insights are welcome.

Edit because mobile sucks.
    Where there is love, there is life.
    -Mahatma Gandhi-

!*All Welcome**!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Happily Every After: 05/22/2009
    Me 28  The Tower Climber 27
    NTNP Since January 2014
    BFP #1- Nov 10, 2014 EDD July 19, 2015 MC Nov 20, 2014 (5wk 4d)
  • Well, in my experience we did the pull out method for many, many, years and I never got pregnant. I was usually really careful around the times I thought I was ovulating and wouldn't have intercourse at all.

Could have just been luck though because I also know a few that got pregnant using the pull out method (so they said) . I guess it depends if the guy pulls out in enough time.

Eh, I'm no help, sorry lol

I am not sure how to say this without getting a "solicitation" warning so I guess I just say that I am not longer active on THIS site. 

• @cavewmn actually there is. And the consensus is - some men have active sperm in precum and some don't. There's just no way to tell unless you've had it tested. I know for me, we used the pull out method for 6 years or so without so much as a scare, so I would be fine, but honestly, unless you know for sure, it's better to wrap it.
    Also, don't ask me why I know this or where I read it. I know way too much information on way too many subjects lol
    Momma to 3 angels and two amazing children
    F born June 2018
    W born September 2020
    #3 due November 2022
  • Nikolie93 said:

Well, in my experience we did the pull out method for many, many, years and I never got pregnant. I was usually really careful around the times I thought I was ovulating and wouldn't have intercourse at all.

Could have just been luck though because I also know a few that got pregnant using the pull out method (so they said) . I guess it depends if the guy pulls out in enough time.

Eh, I'm no help, sorry lol

Thanks for the input. Still shaking my head at myself that I didn't even consider this. Cue Jasmine singing A Whole New World.

Where there is love, there is life.
    -Mahatma Gandhi-

!*All Welcome**!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Happily Every After: 05/22/2009
    Me 28  The Tower Climber 27
    NTNP Since January 2014
    BFP #1- Nov 10, 2014 EDD July 19, 2015 MC Nov 20, 2014 (5wk 4d)
  • I am so happy to see you back!!!!! :x To answer your question, condom buying is 100% MH's responsibility. The last time I bought condoms, I was single. Maybe I'm old school, but in a relationship I have always considered that the guy's responsibility (because really, do they have many others??). :-?
    Seriously, I think we are long lost sisters!! You took the words right out of my head.

But alas I broke down yesterday and grabbed some while I was at the grocery store. When H was helping me unpack the groceries, he commented 'oh you got condoms.' I said, "yea I was tired of dropping hints and you not getting them."

PS that's my first time ever buying condoms (alone) :>

......I think I was with an ex when he bought the aforementioned Magnums. Seriously overkill
  • @blackbird818 it truly is unfortunate when a guy buys Magnums when he really does need them :))

• I hate condoms ( :-q ) so I buy the sponges.  I told MH that if I had to choose between sex with a condom and no sex, I'd rather choose no sex, so while the "unit cost" for sponges is higher, it's worth it because the "cost" for condoms is no sex. 
    But, due to my demands, I buy them.     B-)

::The sudden disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that even the ultimate fullfillment of that hope cannot fully erase:: Thomas Hardy

BFP #1: 07/08/11  EDD: 03/22/12  Missed miscarriage @ 8w: 08/11/11, stopped growing @ 6w6d
    BFP #2: 03/26/12  EDD: 12/07/12  We have a HB at 7w!! (04/20/12)  CSD born 12/12/12 
    BFP #3: 08/05/14  Chemical Pregnancy at 4w3d 08/06/14
    BFP #4: 10/02/14  EDD: 06/10/15  Miscarriage at 6w6d 10/22/14

TTCAL Siggy Challenge

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"