Connecticut Babies
Options

Prenatal classes

What prenatal classes did you take/are taking?  What would you recommend? 

I'm particularly interested in things on the more crunchy side of things, and am located near Hartford (though it seems many of my options are towards the shore?)

Re: Prenatal classes

• Options
    St. Francis Hospital offers prenatal classes. You can do a google search or search on their website.  Hartford Hospital offers prenatal classes too-I believe in Hartford and at their West Hartford/Blue Back Square location. Hope that helps.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We took our prenatal classes through Bristol Hospital and would highly recommend them.  The nurses who taught the classes were very knowledgeable and answered every question anyone had.  We also took a breastfeeding class through Hartford Hospital's satelite location in Blue Back Square that was also terrific.  Overall, we've taken a breastfeeding class (Hartford Hospital), newborn care class (Bristol Hospital), and labor and delivery class (Bristol Hospital).  Let me know if you need any other details - I'd be happy to help!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    https://harthosp.org/women/PregnancyChildbirthServices/ParentEducation/default.aspx
    These are the classes offered through Hartford. We took the breastfeeding class, the 1-day childbirth class and the childcare class. I went to the breastfeeding 1 by myself, (I doubt hubby would've taken away anything from the class besides the instructor telling the significant others to always provide us water to drink while nursing), the other classes I think helped the hubs more than me: learn to swaddle, what to do during contractions and watching a c-section (awful but a must see). Some of the videos were corny and dated but overall they were pretty helpful.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    highly recommend to do a tour of the hospital you'll be delivering at too!
  • Options
    Hypnobirthing of Connecticut! They're in Westport, but totally worth the drive!

imageimage image

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"