Options

DD

edited November 2014 in Special Needs
Thank you all!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DD

• Options
    edited November 2014
    DH always talks of giving DS away but I can't even take that as a joke because he presents it out of frustration and anger.

DS has been diagnosed for over 2 years and is up for evaluations again. I wasn't very clear but DH was angry all this week over the diagnosis.

I will DD at a later time.
  • Options
    I know we go through the 5 stages of grief and cycle through them. But why the hell do I have to put up with the anger in DH about DS's diagnosis of ASD for what seems like a week?

Or why is any other diagnosis like asperger's or ADHD any better than what we have: an old diagnosis of PDD-NOS which is now ASD?

Or why is he so mad that "not so smart people have NT kids?"

Or why would DH give up on DS so easily?

It hurts and breaks my heart. I don't even know what to say but to remain positive that DS has had progress.

TIA
    I'm sorry y'all are having this upsetting difference in processing.  

In my family, I'm the angry and impatient one.  I have a hard time handling it.  It bothers me that DS1 needs so much help and that we all need help.  It's like infertility all over again.  I was angry that I couldn't get pregnant just like everyone else.  Back to the present.... sometimes I want to run away and not deal with it.  But I haven't given up, I never will.  I'm the one who packs food for DS1's feeding therapy twice every week, who chops his fruit for his lunch every day and makes his little sunbutter sandwiches.  I'm the one who last night during dinner, while DH just sat there eating, kept going into the living room desperately trying to find a way to show DS1 how to be nice to DS2, instead of just telling him "no, don't do that", when he lays on DS2, bangs DS2's head with his own, wiggles strangely all over him (I don't even know how to describe that one).... I have a hard time looking at the positives because there are so many new problems. DH is much more chill about it -- how, I have no idea.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @greyt00

It brings me a perspective that is like my DH.

I am the patient and positive one.

DH doing DS homework with hand over hand to get it done asap. That really broke the camel's back.

And then I cry.
  • Options
    @greyt00

It brings me a perspective that is like my DH.

I am the patient and positive one.

DH doing DS homework with hand over hand to get it done asap. That really broke the camel's back.

And then I cry.
    I thought if his and my perspective are anything alike, maybe I could put it into words that would help a little.

*hugs*

• Options
    Aww you ladies! I could hug you all! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"