March 2015 Moms

NBR: Cricut?

Considering asking for one for Christmas, primarily for the ability to make things from vinyl cut-outs. I am the stereotypical Southern woman when it comes to monograms, and I think it would be cool to have this to make things for baby, for gifts, and MAYBE a little for myself. ;) Anyone have any experience with these? If so, pros and cons?

Re: NBR: Cricut?

• I've never had a Cricut, but I have the Silhouette Cameo and I love it. You don't have to buy cartridges for it, you buy individual things off their online store and it downloads to software that the Cameo then uses to do the cuts. Most of the individual patters are around .99, things like fonts are about 1.99. I've been very happy with it.
  • Sstites26 said:

I've never had a Cricut, but I have the Silhouette Cameo and I love it. You don't have to buy cartridges for it, you buy individual things off their online store and it downloads to software that the Cameo then uses to do the cuts. Most of the individual patters are around .99, things like fonts are about 1.99. I've been very happy with it.

Do you keep the patterns and fonts after purchase? Like more than one use? I'm so new to this stuff.
  • Loading the player...
  • My husband just bought me a cricut explore for our anniversary and I love it. It definitely is trial and error- I have gone through a lot of paper trying to find that perfect setting for each item but it is fun. Right now I'm working on Christmas stuff but once I'm a little better I will be working on stuff for the nursery. It's definitely an investment but I think it's something I will use for years so it was worth it for me.
    Haven't tried vinyl yet- but that's the next step!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have a cricut, and I love it for what it is. That said, I've really been slacking in my scrapbooking (which is what I got it for, I know, I'm an old lady) the past 5 years or so, and thus it has been sitting on a shelf unused. 
  • The Silhouette is def the way to go! I have one that is probably 5 or 6 yrs old and it still works great! I would love to buy the cameo but haven't had the need to yet. I chose it over the cricut because of the ability to create your own shapes. It has more flexibility than the cricut does in my opinion.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Thanks everyone! I had been looking at the Cricut Explore, but I found the starter bundle on Amazon for the new touchscreen Cameo and think I am in love. I think it will be better for me since I primarily will want to do vinyl monograms with it. So excited!!!
  • Sorry I took so long to get back, yes, everything you've bought sticks around in your software library. They also have a free shape of the week. I believe you can download the software and start collecting at least the free shapes prior to even purchasing it as well.
  • I have both the silhouette and circuit impression 2. From what I can see the new Cricut explore could do what a silhouette could do. Both machines have their cons and pros. The thing I like about the circuit is you can do things offline with their cartridges. It's a great bonus if 1 lazy to turn on the computer and 2 portability. I love both my machines. Now that my HG has subsided, I finally could use these machines again and start my pregnancy/baby scrapbook and my continue with my other 3 scrapbooks!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"