March 2014 Moms

FFFC

Domesticated: 1 Hubs; 2 sons; 3 cats; & Broke

Re: FFFC

• When I was a kid I wanted glasses so bad. I used to wear reading glasses bought from the dollar store, my parent's glasses, etc. So when the annual eye exam came - I fibbed on some lines.... ended up with glasses. Now I have shit eye sight and it gets worse every year. 

Shit ass part is - now it's cool to wear frames with no RX's..... 

• I don't get the point of sharing a sanctimommy blog that you don't agree with, then captioning it with how much you didn't like what was in it.

If you didn't like it, don't share it.

I feel the same way with news stories about child abusers. Yes it was terrible. But I don't see the allure of posting it to your timeline.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • yalllow said:

When I was a kid I wanted glasses so bad. I used to wear reading glasses bought from the dollar store, my parent's glasses, etc. So when the annual eye exam came - I fibbed on some lines.... ended up with glasses. Now I have shit eye sight and it gets worse every year. 

Shit ass part is - now it's cool to wear frames with no RX's..... 
    I did the same thing in third grade!! Now I'm blind as a bat without my glasses :)
  • I've recently become obsessed with the fact that there are toxic chemicals in virtually all soaps, body wash, cleaning products, skin care, makeup, and baby products we use, which are NOT regulated by the FDA. Even things that say they are organic like "baby ganics" contain toxic and harmful chemicals. All natural=not so much.  Like Burt's Bees even, which makes me really sad/mad/frustrated! It's all LIES! Not to mention that our food contains hormones, antibiotics, are GMO and are covered in toxic pesticides among other things.  Then there's the horrible torture animals go through for our food, clothing, and some of those body products too. I can't help but feel like my house is this toxic environment for my family and my pets! My friend said yesterday that if we read and paid attention to all this stuff, we would be walking around naked and afraid! (well, TBH I added the afraid part, cause of the show) ;)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • alfriedeckalfriedeck member
    edited November 2014
    Mom of the year here.  went to pour my coffee and Lo was crawling around.  saw her chewing on something,  it was a tack!!!   where it came from I have no clue.  Damn going to have to sweep a whole lot more frequently!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • @younglove316  What is a mum mum? 

• I'm pretty sure I forgot my deodorant today hahah .. Good thing it's 30 degrees here .. No judging I've been up since 4 a.m.

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • NewMomma8 said:

My FFFC, @tsmith312 just made me remember I forgot my deodorant today.  LOL  But I have my back up in my purse since this has been happening a lot more frequently since the sick baby/no sleep days.  :)

Thanks tsmith312!

I keep a travel size deodorant in my desk at work. It gets hot enough here in the summer that I sometimes need a second application in the afternoon.
  • linzerd said:

I've recently become obsessed with the fact that there are toxic chemicals in virtually all soaps, body wash, cleaning products, skin care, makeup, and baby products we use, which are NOT regulated by the FDA. Even things that say they are organic like "baby ganics" contain toxic and harmful chemicals. All natural=not so much.  Like Burt's Bees even, which makes me really sad/mad/frustrated! It's all LIES! Not to mention that our food contains hormones, antibiotics, are GMO and are covered in toxic pesticides among other things.  Then there's the horrible torture animals go through for our food, clothing, and some of those body products too. I can't help but feel like my house is this toxic environment for my family and my pets! My friend said yesterday that if we read and paid attention to all this stuff, we would be walking around naked and afraid! (well, TBH I added the afraid part, cause of the show) ;)

This is why I love that my husband hunts & it fills our freezer. I know it's "organic" & that the animal led a happy life up until he died.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• NanaCook said:
    I've recently become obsessed with the fact that there are toxic chemicals in virtually all soaps, body wash, cleaning products, skin care, makeup, and baby products we use, which are NOT regulated by the FDA. Even things that say they are organic like "baby ganics" contain toxic and harmful chemicals. All natural=not so much.  Like Burt's Bees even, which makes me really sad/mad/frustrated! It's all LIES! Not to mention that our food contains hormones, antibiotics, are GMO and are covered in toxic pesticides among other things.  Then there's the horrible torture animals go through for our food, clothing, and some of those body products too. I can't help but feel like my house is this toxic environment for my family and my pets! My friend said yesterday that if we read and paid attention to all this stuff, we would be walking around naked and afraid! (well, TBH I added the afraid part, cause of the show) ;)
    This is why I love that my husband hunts & it fills our freezer. I know it's "organic" & that the animal led a happy life up until he died.
    Doesn't take care of the chemicals and toxins you are putting ON your body, cleaning with, washing your clothes and dishes with though.  Plus there is nothing to hunt where I live but deer. (Not that we would ever hunt anyway) We do CSA in the summer and have decided we are going to go to an organic farm and probably purchase a quarter cow and a pig now to fill our freezer. It just sucks that practically EVERYthing is bad for you in some way or other.  Drives me batty!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Anniversary
  • kaking78 said:

NewMomma8 said:

My FFFC, @tsmith312 just made me remember I forgot my deodorant today.  LOL  But I have my back up in my purse since this has been happening a lot more frequently since the sick baby/no sleep days.  :)

Thanks tsmith312!

I keep a travel size deodorant in my desk at work. It gets hot enough here in the summer that I sometimes need a second application in the afternoon.
    I should invest in a spare one for work !

Married  : ** 09/09/2011  ** BFP : 07-18-13 ** Baby #1 is a GIRL , Born 03/12/14 ** 
    ** BFP 2 :  01- 05-15 ** EDD 09-11-15 **

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie First Birthday tickers

Baby S 2. Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I have a fuzz buster in my car & use it to my full advantage. Especially on longer trips.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• linzerd said:
    NanaCook said:
    Doesn't take care of the chemicals and toxins you are putting ON your body, cleaning with, washing your clothes and dishes with though.  Plus there is nothing to hunt where I live but deer. (Not that we would ever hunt anyway) We do CSA in the summer and have decided we are going to go to an organic farm and probably purchase a quarter cow and a pig now to fill our freezer. It just sucks that practically EVERYthing is bad for you in some way or other.  Drives me batty!
    Absent genetic or chromosomal issues, congenital heart defects are environmentally caused. It's pretty shocking how easily environmental factors can cause something that huge. When I first received Will's heart diagnosis, the doctor said, "don't blame yourself, it's something you were exposed to, and you will never know what it was." They find that there are areas where CHDs are much more common. Particularly in rural areas with large agricultural enterprises. The pesticides are thought to be the culprit. 
  • Sometimes my breast milk smells like onions...

• I haven't babyproofed anything. 

Me neither.
    Me 28 DH 30 Married 08-11-07 TTC since 07/11 HSG 01-21-13 Left FTB Seeing RE 1-28-13 RE 1-28-13 Both tubes blocked LAP surgery 2-15-13 Both tubes removed Started IVF #1 June 2013 Meds: BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Medrol, Doxycycline
    Beta #1-BFP!!! HCG-55 Beta #2--111 Beta #3--2,825 Beta #4 22,031 1st U/S 7-29-13 Saw and heard our little sweet pea's heartbeat!! 109 bpm 

• yalllowyalllow member
    edited November 2014
    I hit a cat this week with my car (accidental- it ran out In front of me nothing I could do) and got bit by a goat.
    Don't worry FBW.... I bet it was image

Me neither.
    We actually unbabyproofed some stuff. (Not that we did a lot for DS1 anyhow).
    The bathroom door gets closed now because LO steals the toilet paper, the stairs get blocked, but otherwise, the main floor is his exploring space. No outlet covers, and there are only a very few toys we keep out of reach. (Hot Wheels are not one of those toys...lol)

Oh, but we keep the dishwasher closed when there are knives in it. ;)
    I do very little.  My dh is sah so he gets the brunt of it and has put some safety caps on some easy to reach outlets.  He is helping a friend make a gate for the steps as Levi has already begun crawling up... it's the coming down that is the worry.

• Since Will isn't mobile yet, baby proofing hasn't happened. Though I did catch him gnawing on a power cord the other day, so I guess we are about there.  
  • Is it Friday already?
  • Thanks to my bigger post-pregnancy boobs and the fact that all I do is sweat now, I have to apply deoderant under my boobs.  Otherwise I get sweaty and stinky just hours after a shower.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• I made a stranger's kid cry. 

We were at the mall and my daughter was playing in the play area. A kid who was much too big to be in there, maybe 8 or 9 years old, kept knocking her down and laughing. I went up to him and asked him where his mom was and she said she was shopping. I told him not to knock down my daughter again and he said, "You can't make me".

Needless to say, he did it again all while looking directly at me and smirking. 

I cornered him, got real close to his face and said, "Listen you little shit. Knock my kid down one more time and I will call the police. You will be arrested and never get to see your mom again. Understand?". 

He cried. I only sort of feel bad about it. 
    Honestly I think this was a bit harsh. I was pretty much with you until the "never get to see your mom again" line. I completely agree that you shouldn't have to sit back and let him hurt your LO but I can't help but think he's just a kid too.
    There was no doubt he was being a jerk, but kids are jerks sometimes. My biggest fear as a child was my mom leaving and it coming back(no idea why or where it came from) but that could really mess a kid up hearing that they would never see mom again.

***************************************Child mentioned********************************************

Me 28 DH 32

TTC naturally 05/2011-10/2012= All BFNs

Nov 2012 Jan 2013 Clomid= BFN

IVF #1 scheduled for April 2013 Stims started 04/09 ER 04/19/2013- 26 Retrieved and 24 Fertilized 3 day Fert Report- 10 are 8 cell ET cancelled-all embryos arrested at day 3

IVF #2 scheduled for June 2013 -Transferred 1 day 5 Blast

07/04/2013 HPT- BFP! Beta 10dp5dt-35Beta 12dp5dt-82 Ultrasound 6 weeks 4 days- Heart rate 123bpm!!

image  image

Team Green turned Team BLUE!!!

Baby M born premature at 33 weeks 5 days, he spent 22 days in the NICU before coming home!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Sometimes kids are used to shitty treatment, and don't react unless they're treated that way. I believe it.
    BabyFetus Ticker

• I made a stranger's kid cry. 

We were at the mall and my daughter was playing in the play area. A kid who was much too big to be in there, maybe 8 or 9 years old, kept knocking her down and laughing. I went up to him and asked him where his mom was and she said she was shopping. I told him not to knock down my daughter again and he said, "You can't make me".

Needless to say, he did it again all while looking directly at me and smirking. 

I cornered him, got real close to his face and said, "Listen you little shit. Knock my kid down one more time and I will call the police. You will be arrested and never get to see your mom again. Understand?". 

He cried. I only sort of feel bad about it. 
    Honestly I think this was a bit harsh. I was pretty much with you until the "never get to see your mom again" line. I completely agree that you shouldn't have to sit back and let him hurt your LO but I can't help but think he's just a kid too. There was no doubt he was being a jerk, but kids are jerks sometimes. My biggest fear as a child was my mom leaving and it coming back(no idea why or where it came from) but that could really mess a kid up hearing that they would never see mom again.
    I am fine reprimanding a child I do not know especially with safety issues .    I would not do it in the way described above, but... I am certain I have said things that out of context in the moment sounded pretty damn harsh. I would also make certain to speak to the parent, even though they are possibly a clueless dumb ass.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"